Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann

CHGCHG
edited February 2012 in General Charlton
I think might actually be my favourite ever Addick! Just saying.

Comments

• Options
    He is class, but he is 30 and for a forward how much longer can he be with us?
  • Options
    He is class, but he is 30 and for a forward how much longer can he be with us?
    kevin davies and bobby zamora are similair kind of player and they're still cutting it at the highest level
  • Options
    Defenders really have to go out their way to stop him, getting cards whilst doing so too.. Very very helpful player at this level
  • Options
    yan is the man and deff good enough 4 championship and doesnt ever look tiring after 90 mins
  • Options
    An astonishing player for us. Such talent and committment. I just cannot understand how he has languished around Europe with such ability but thanks to CP he is with us and as a result we are going up. He will be easily able to play in the Championship and I can't wait to see him play against Leicester.
  • Options
    He could play prem, no doubt... didnt look out of place against Fulham
  • Options
    Player of the season so far, for me
  • Options
    Agreed. Different level. For a big guy (looks slightly overweight to me, although I'm sure he's not!) he hangs in the air for headers, his touch is first class, and his free kicks are pretty special too.

Watch the number of times his touch brings others into the game.

He's already got my player of the season vote, followed very very closely by Mr Solly. Chris has no right to win as many individual battles on the pitch as he does, and he very rarely gives the ball away.
  • Options
    Doesn't rely on pace so 4/5 years left in him if injury free. Remember Sherringham? Similar qualities but more beast.
  • Options
    I remember 80% of this board slating him when we signed him, citing the penalty miss as why we shouldn't have got him. For that, glad all love him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was one of those who didn't want him when he signed and am happy to say I was completely and utterly wrong.
  • Options
    I was one of those who didn't want him when he signed and am happy to say I was completely and utterly wrong.
    Good lad

• Options
    amazing player
  • Options

He is and has been quality but surely Solly is miles ahead for this?
  • Options
    Kermorgant, Morrison, Solly, Jackson, Hollands, BWP (he has 15 league goals despite being "out of form") all contenders in my view for player of the year with Taylor and Wiggins not far behind.

Tough decision this year.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have missed most games this season since he came into the side and I have only seen him play in the last two games.

For me he is a fantastic footballer. His quality on the ball, his heading ability and his workrate are just superb. He is a real find. He is certainly premier league quality imho.
  • Options
    Kermorgant, Morrison, Solly, Jackson, Hollands, BWP (he has 15 league goals despite being "out of form") all contenders in my view for player of the year with Taylor and Wiggins not far behind.

Tough decision this year.
    Totally agree Len.

• Options
    Couldn't believe how good in the air he is
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Great signing by Powell, plucked out of nowhere really.

Considering what he went through at Leicester I'd imagine he'll be feeling a lot of loyalty and appreciation towards his manager.
  • Options
    Definitely not overweight, stood next to him on train back from Brentford... he's got the highest spring i've ever seen from a Charlton forward.. Leaburn included! Star man, got worried when he was linked with Celtic in January. Player of the year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember 80% of this board slating him when we signed him, citing the penalty miss as why we shouldn't have got him. For that, glad all love him.
    Got to hold my hands up and say I was one of those who wasn't massively keen ("slating" might be taking it a bit far though). But as always I'm happy to be proved wrong when my natural Charlton negativity gets the better of me, and it certainly did this time !
  • Options
    Great signing by Powell, plucked out of nowhere really.
    Or plucked out of Leicester which is pretty much the same as nowhere really...

• Options
    I get to see very few games but from what little I have seen I think he just brings another dimension.

I believe (and sincerely hope) that in years to come people will look back on this season and say that the defining moment was the signing of Yann in that it changed a team that was a strong contender for promotion into one that was a racing certainty
  • Options
    different gravy , a proper bloke and no disrepsect to the others but he's a class above
  • Options
    Yann is too good for League 1. I can only think he was convinced to drop a level due to a combination of the aggro over his penalty for Liec, Powell's charisma and connections with Sven and Pearson. He is worth the entrance fee alone.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I have Yann just edging POTY at the moment but it's sooooo close - Wiggins, Solly, Morrison, Hollands snapping at his heels and BWP, Taylor and JJ snapping at their heels. Happy days!
  • Options
    Morrison is my POTY, with Yann and Wiggins close behind
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Very good performance today best header of a ball in a Charlton shirt I have seen in last 50 years including Matt Tees, Paul Went and Carlo. Full of energy and puts a shift in all over the park and unbelievably some on here were calling for him to be dropped / rested! I have him a very close 2nd to Solly for POTY at the moment as he has played less games.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see where we would be without him this season, definitely think Hayes was doing great but Kermo has been outstanding since he has come in the team, very consistent which is something that has been lacking at charlton for years.
  • Options
    Took a spurs mate today, he said:

"who's that number 36?!?! He wins everything."