Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Stand second tier

Comments

• Options
    guess it could look alright. Looks as if that birmingham one has got more rows as has the artist drawing of the valley in 2015 than just 4.

• Options
    simply put, a tier 4 rows wouldn't be worth construction cost, it'd be far more cost effective to add another row of boxes instead.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    simply put, a tier 4 rows wouldn't be worth construction cost, it'd be far more cost effective to add another row of boxes instead.
    What about 2 rows of boxes with a small tier above it? I'm guessing a tier that small that they'll be just corporate seats.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    One important thing to remember is that corporate boxes have to have a seated area in front.........the old type all glass fronted ones (where you are behind glass), are no longer popular.
  • Options
    A quick search reveals that the new stand would have 30 extra boxes. Perfect money makers in the PL, useless at this level!

I do recall that one reason for the design was so that they could have 'away boxes' separate from the home fans, as i recall from experience back in the PL years that it used to be very annoying if the box behind you was full of away supporters.
  • Options
    dont want to sound negative but where do we find the money from if we got back back or even close to prem ?
  • Options
    dont want to sound negative but where do we find the money from if we got back back or even close to prem ?
    We're minted.
  • Options
    from the gate money of Football for a Fiver.

• Options
    Selling Hamer.
  • Options
    Down the back of Slater's sofa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think 46k is fine for us.
    oh yes definitely

• Options
    Will this second tier be built before or after we pay back the £40 million debt??
  • Options
    Before.
  • Options
    And any possible relegation would potentially leave more debt and more empty seats.
    Bonus.
  • Options
    Will this second tier be built before or after we pay back the £40 million debt??
    As best we can tell the debt is nothing close to £40m.

We have a mortgage of £7m which is declining at £1 a year and £15m in deferred payments on the bonds issued a few years back.

We also have the loses run up over the last two seasons but it's not clear what they are or who is covering them. Maybe £8 to £10m as a guestimate.

My guess, and it is just that, is that we wouldn't build the East stand extension until we are established in the prem and even then would take out a mortgage as we did with the North stand.
    And any possible relegation would potentially leave more debt and more empty seats.
    Bonus.
    Possibly but if we hadn't taken a calculated risk or two we'd still have a 8k capacity at the Valley.

• Options
    My impression is that this stage of the expansion is about corporate income rather than the extra bums on seats, so would only be needed as an established PL club again, i.e. we'd have to up go up and stay up at least a season.

In the meantime, as this isn't likely to happen for a few years, it would be nice if the East Stand toilets had a bit of tlc as they're looking a bit shabby now!
  • Options

We have a mortgage of £7m which is declining at £1 a year.
    I could do with a new mortgage on that deal. I wonder which bank they use?
  • Options
    As best we can tell the debt is nothing close to £40m.

We have a mortgage of £7m which is declining at £1 a year and £15m in deferred payments on the bonds issued a few years back.

We also have the loses run up over the last two seasons but it's not clear what they are or who is covering them. Maybe £8 to £10m as a guestimate.

My guess, and it is just that, is that we wouldn't build the East stand extension until we are established in the prem and even then would take out a mortgage as we did with the North stand.
    Bonus.
    Possibly but if we hadn't taken a calculated risk or two we'd still have a 8k capacity at the Valley.

Declining at £1M a year I think you mean.
  • Options
    Too many smart arses on here : - )

Yes £1m a year and it's Lombards I think.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Interestingly back when the North Stand was built it was easy to get a £7m interest only mortgage so, technically, one could get a £7m mortgage declining at less than £1 a year.

One would have had to fund the interest payments, however, which would have been considerably more than £1 a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    be a bit of a naf looking second tier with only 4 rows in it.

Hardly a tier - more of a gangway. Would it be big enough to house the CL Clique ?
  • Options
    Can't believe the comment about moving.
    If there is one club that should never, ever move, it's us. After all our support did to return and with no need to move, it would be an insult.
    Charlton is the Valley.

Re, filling the corners in, I would not bother. Do that and it looks like every other 'new' ground - leave the stand on its own - easier to segregate and old school.

To be honest don't think we will need this for years, if at all, up to the capacitys mentioned.
  • Options
    Judging by the drop in gates when we were relegated we had 3,000 away fans and 3,000 season ticket holders who aren't actually Charlton fans! Just wanted guaranteed tickets for the big games for them and friends and happen to find Charlton being their nearest Prem club ... So not sure we should increase capacity...
    and that's before looking at the deferred loans for the old board and the enormous cost of turning the current squad into one who can survive in the prem... if we are staying put and expanding then corners make sense and moving the away end to one side for an enlarged JS full of home fans
  • Options
    If we did build a 2nd tier, would we out do Hillsborough?
  • Options
    No. Hillsborough is massive.

• Options
    If we ever moved from the Valley I dont think I could feel the same way about the club.The Valley IS Charlton.
  • Options
    Not even the Nou Camp out does Hillsborough.
  • Options
    If we ever moved from the Valley I dont think I could feel the same way about the club.The Valley IS Charlton.
    We could chant "and if you know your history, it's enough to make your heart go.....Oh well it's only a ground, plenty of other places to build a soulless, characterless stadium".

THIS IS THE VALLEY. THIS IS CHARLTON!
  • Options
    Think we need to concentrate of selling the existing empty seats first................
    Agreed