Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Stand second tier

I think when we go straight through the championship into the premier league we would be wise to add a second tier to the east stand.

Comments

• Options
    Lets not be too massive about this and get to the championship first
  • Options
    Im not being massive its just that I feel really positive about the club.
  • Options
    Leave it for about 3 seasons and wait till we're in the Champions league :-0
  • Options
    When we eventually get round to adding to the Valley I always assumed that the first step would be to fill in the corners on the JS stand. To make it all enclosed. I thought that ES 2nd tier would be added after that.

And even if we were to get promoted, like MIA says wait at least 3 seasons in the top. Could be a long way off yet. My chickens remain uncounted.
  • Options
    When we eventually get round to adding to the Valley I always assumed that the first step would be to fill in the corners on the JS stand. To make it all enclosed. I thought that ES 2nd tier would be added after that.
    I thought the plan was to add the second tier to the East and a south-east corner. Then work on a south-west corner and a further two tiers on the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    By the time we're in the Premiership, We will be playing on the Peninsula and our mystery owners will have converted The Valley into flats anyway!!
  • Options
    By the time we're in the Premiership, We will be playing on the Peninsula and our mystery owners will have converted The Valley into flats anyway!!
    BLASPHEMY!

You're probably right Callum. As long as I get to keep my seat I don't mind which comes first. :D
  • Options
    Scary thought, though, if Charlton do what Arsenal done and end up in a better stadium in walking distance from the original point (unlikely) then it will be good. If we do a Wimbledon and forget the fans that brought the club where they are moving miles away, then that's what would really be scary. Would prefer to see the Valley expanded though.
  • Options
    I would prefer to expand the valley. I'll be tottaly against any move to a new ground. Anyway, do we even want all these plastic supporters? and if we go down again i doubt many will stay and we will be left with an even bigger stadium with more empty seats.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Steady on esp.......let's not get all Sheffield Wednesdayish here mate............would be a very nice thing to do of course but let's wait and see where life/fate takes us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    We were hardly bursting at the seams with a 5 year waiting list for ST's last time in the Prem were we?
    Do we really want another stand of people leaving with 5 mins left to go?
  • Options
    Think we need to concentrate of selling the existing empty seats first................
  • Options
    I think 26k is fine for us.
  • Options
    I dont know if we got even 23k of Charlton fans when we were in the Prem. Bearing in mind the 3k capacity of the JS stand, seemed to me to be more away fans or 'neutrals' in the East Stand than you could shake a stick at
  • Options
    I've always thought that a 32,000 capacity stadium would be spot on as it would mean IF we do get back in the prem we could fill it for the big matches and it wouldn't look half empty for the other matches.
  • Options
    32k would make me feel fantastic ... Always wanted to break the 30 k mark and against the top 6 and some of the Derbyshire or important games we would fill it in the prem ...
  • Options
    * derbys... Bloody predictive text!
  • Options
    I think when we go straight through the championship into the premier league we would be wise to add a second tier to the east stand.
    How many new fans do you think we are going to get?!
  • Options
    Need it for when we next play The Owls!!
  • Options
    Would be great but as many have said lets wait until we're back in the premier league and filling the seats we have.

Part of the thinking of the 2nd tier on the east wasn't just an extra 4k but more boxes and corporate facilities. Compared to many Clubs we have relatively few boxes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need it for when we next play The Owls!!
    We'll need to switch the game to Wembley to cope with the massive hordes flocking down the M1

• Options
    Would personally rather see the south stand done and the corners filled in. That end of the ground looks really tired.

I sat there in 1992 and recall the leg room and facilities being less than great.
  • Options
    Would personally rather see the south stand done and the corners filled in. That end of the ground looks really tired.

I sat there in 1992 and recall the leg room and facilities being less than great.
    *shakes head*

• Options

The plan is to knock down that stand and rebuild a new one. If we were to do that the capacity would be reduced to 23k and they'll be issues with locating the away fans. A second tier East Stand would bring us to 30k, not a lot of extra seats but better facilities as Henry pointed out. I think only four rows would've been to the second tier and most of the new capacity coming from the SE corner.
  • Options
    be a bit of a naf looking second tier with only 4 rows in it.
  • Options

I'd rather bang a few holes in the roof of the Jimmy Seed stand and have a hose pipe on it when its not raining.
    Nothing like being cold, wet and miserable when you're losing.

• Options
    Brilliant idea, take off the roof of the Jimmy South Stand.

Away fans get wet and miserable and you won't actually hear them singing, "You only sing when you're winning".

;o)

• Options
    Or........Sing when you're swimming.....you only sing when you're swimming!"
  • Options
    A bit like this stand at Birmingham. I think it looks alright personally, you don't want it looking to similar to the West Stand.

• Options

Not very big, but looks more than 4 rows.