Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mario Balotelli stamp on Parker

Comments

• Options
    Imagine having to play on the same team as that moron...
  • Options
    in my opinion the ref saw it and choose not to give it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @LargeAddick

If you watch the clip below you will see that the referee just misses the stamp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6caNpwDYJ98&feature=related

The referee turns around and follows the flight of the ball away but then look back and just sees Balotelli's foot landing but does not see that it was a stamp - but surely the linesman should have seen it.

Balotelli was very luck that the ball balooned away and that the referee followed that rather than watch the aftermath of the block from Parker.
  • Options
    A talented but seriously brain dead nutcase. No need to do what he did. Will deserve a 4 game ban but what will he do with the free time?!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks like an accident? He's twisting at an awkward angle, his feet could land anywhere. I don't think he even sees Parker on the floor.
  • Options
    he missed his head, from less than a yard, unbelievable
  • Options
    Looks worse when slowed down, but in real time looks like an accident to me.

Lescotts worse because he definitely meant it.

Also I know they are different leagues in different countrys but how can Balotelli be charged and Pepe not?
  • Options
    Mario didn't touch him
  • Options
    I wasn't sure at the time ( due to copius amounts of beer in the pub) but with the gift of hindsight and slo-mo action replays, that is definitely a red card offence.
    although balotelli plays it off very well and makes it look innocent, its a totally irrational action unless he wants to do somethin offensive,
    if your spinning after a tackle, and probably falling, you put your right leg over your left to steady yourself, just as the 2nd video says, the movement Balotelli made is completely irrational, to me it seems like he did nothing but be pretty aggressive and people hav e been sent off for much much less than what he did, espeecially in the premier league
  • Options
    This is a definite stamp no doubt. His right leg would come across his left not backwards. He eventually falls over and if he had put his leg in front of him instead he would have gained his balance.
    No place for it. What would happen if you did that on the street?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jake, you'd probably get away with it and walk free from a court, punching the air in victory because of our joke of a justice system. Different story if you were an old dear refusing to pay your council tax. . . . . . . . . .
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Bit off topic there mate. And an infuriatingly 'mainstream' daily mail opinion.
  • Options
    I don't think whether he touched him or not is the issue, in my opinion the intent was there and he deserves all he gets. If he had put his foot straight down there wouldn't be a problem but he definately stamped backwards which in the position he was in was not the natural thing to do.
  • Options
    What does Ray Wilkins think?
  • Options
    not a stamp for me.

modric gives him a slight nudge as well.
  • Options
    A board full of body & balance experts I see.

Only one person knows if it was deliberate. I can't say either way.

• Options

My word.....
  • Options
    Ive played rugby for years and have shoed plenty and been shoed myself and that is deliberate.Not 100% sure he was going for his head,but he saw an opportunity to stamp on Parker and try to make it look accidental and took it.
  • Options
    falconwood_1 9:20AM

"my word"
  • Options
    racially aggrevated
    ????????????????????????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol ffs
  • Options
    Racist
  • Options
    Parker should have been booked for simulation
  • Options
    smudge7946 9:55AM
    Given that Terry is in court soon for on pitch racism, Balotelli should count himself lucky he isnt helping police with their enquiries into a racially aggrevated assault.
    Comment of the year?
  • Options
    a difficult one this, at normal speed looks to me as if it is accidental, reflex action to being off balance. slowed down it looks deliberate, I am sure he will get the 4 match ban but as others have said only one person knows the truth.
  • Options
    Souness in the commentary, and Richie8 above are 100% right. You don't have to be a "balance expert" to know how gravity works Sparrows Lion. The way Balotelli falls over is ridiculous. Really surprised there's even a debate on this.
  • Options
    And why is that comment of the year? Why on Earth has race been brought into this, ironically or not? This board is really beginning to worry me.
  • Options
    Is it now about time that all players, when up against any team challenging for promotion were issued with body armour, Kelvar helmets etc? I see so many players now wearing protective headgear, face masks etc, you would have thought that the players union would be insisting on it on health and safety grounds. Or maybe go the other way, issue Balotteli with carpet slippers and Lescot with forearm gel pack protection. Watching big Yann getting a good kicking from some of our rivals makes good talking points but bad football. It all looked very strange some years ago when cricketers started armouring up, but nobody thinks its silly anymore.