Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mario Balotelli stamp on Parker

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
At first I thought it was an accident but the legend (Curbishley) made a really good point that he looked like it was a force when he did that stamp.

What is everyone's views on this?

Comments

• Options
    Definite stamp. Ref couldn't have been better placed either.
  • Options
    He was trying to clean the mud off his boots on Parker's hair.
  • Options
    Been charged by FA. He should get 4 matches, cowardly.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Might be way off the mark and only he will truly know but I initially thought it was a definate stamp and he's lucky he didnt serioulsly hurt parker and that a softer player would have made a right meal of it.

Too good a player to be acting like Kevin Muscat.
  • Options
    I think from one angle defo stamp but from another not so sure
  • Options
    Sufficiently unclear for him to be punished, in my view.From at least one angle, you'd have to say he didn't necessarily know where his foot was coming down due to being off balance.
  • Options
    he knew exactly what he was doing

as did Lescott when he "threw" his forearm into kaboul's face
  • Options
    He knew where Parker was because he trod on his hand, unintentially mind. There is a definite stamping action that no matter how you try and dress up is no way a natural motion to being off balance. Maybe he thought Parker was taking a liberty by having his hand in the way of his foot so decided to punish his head as well?!
  • Options
    Don't think it's a stamp, and Lescott was worse.
  • Options
    not so much a STAMP as a scrape.. Balotelli appears to be getting more and more aggressive in his behaviour, he was pulled off after only a few minutes recently as he was starting a feud with an opposition player. Redknapp probably told Parker to get at Bally and rattle him. Parker did so, Bally got the hump and had a little pop at Parker to say 'leave it out' .. I don't think Bally deliberately went out to seriously hurt Parker, but his over all demeanour is rather worrying. Unless he adjusts quicker to the English game and the wind ups he will receive as a known hothead, there will never be a place for him which would be a pity, as, he is a very gifted footballer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gifted footballer yes. But he definitely has a screw loose and was a stamp.
  • Options
    Watch it closely. He is off balance and the foot goes down, imo, to stop himself stacking it. If he was looking to stamp on Parker surely he would have looked where he was. Agree with Rothko, Lescott was much worse.
  • Options
    Wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but having watched it a number of times, in all honesty, I think he meant it.
  • Options
    Probably naive of me, but why would he stamp on Parker? What would have been the point? That's why I think it could have been accidental.
  • Options
    One angle looks like he is just stoping himself from falling
  • Options
    Have to agree with Rodders. Said at the time, a lesser player than Parker would have made a meal of it.

Even though we were gutted to lose Scotty all those years ago and moaned ( rightly) about the manner in which he orchestrated his move, I am proud he's one of the few players in the Prem that conducts himself so well on the pitch. Habits learned, no doubt at Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    Tottenhams best player? Who else do you stamp on?
  • Options
    He back heeled Parker's head - Definite ban.
  • Options
    Definite stamp and Parker could have been seriously injured. A no-brainer for the FA to charge Balotelli. Just a shame that the nutter will only get 4 games - should be more like 8.
    However, the FA in their wisdom have declined to act on the forearm smash by Lescott on Kaboul. Presumably that sort of challenge is ok then.
  • Options
    I'm undecided on this, seen it plenty of times but I can't be sure so how can the FA? Part of me thinks he did but then I think he wasn't even looking at him so how can anyone be certain he did it on purpose?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just another reason to hate Lescott.
  • Options
    Ever fallen backwards and as a reaction slammed your foot backwards trying to find sound ground to balance on?

Maybe..or maybe he just felt like smashing parker in the head.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    He had already fallen/spun away too far to his right to be trying to find 'terra firma' with his right foot..your brain tells you in a split second that there's no sense in doing it. He could only have any chance whatsoever of stopping himslf falling by putting down his left foot...........his right was not going to do anything simply from the angle to the ground he was already at.
  • Options
    Agree with Clem and Rothko, I didn't think it was intentional
  • Options
    Shame ...that,s what you get for being a TURNCOAT...Spotty boy,?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Stampidystampstamp all day long. Can't help but like the bloke but he's defo got a screw lose. Good job it wasn't Albrichton (spelling?)...he'd still be rolling around now given his reaction to the Wolves lad doing something similar on Saturday.
  • Options
    I think it was intentional -99% but if Balotelli denies it - well maybe you need that extra 1% - we'll see.
  • Options
    Def a stamp, the way he forced his leg out is a very unnatural way of balancing yourself in that situation.

The original back heel I think was unintentional but the afters was bang out of order. Love him as a player but deserves a 4 match ban as an absolute minimum. Could have done some serious damage.

As for Lescott, just as bad. FA not taking action cause he's English maybe?
  • Options
    Mad Mario did it on purpose I believe. Stamp, no doubt.