Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    Dizzle said:

Has anyone played Maylands golf and country club?

Played here twice 1st time in good nick , second time poor greens and fairways?
  • Options

chestfield golf club is lovely

Yes mate very nice course.
  • Options
    Cheers for that northstandsteve about Chestfield,just moved into area and does look the best of the course around me.Had my membership application accepted so will start playing there asap just need three rounds with members to get my card first then I can play the completions which is what I want to do,plus all new round here so it's a way of getting to know people and places.
  • Options
    Chestfield was always good for a 2-fore-1 deal on a Sunday afternoon, especially in the summer where we used to play 2 rounds for about £25. Always liked the first hole but hated the next couple.

Was in Scotland when Gleneagles was awarded the 2014 Ryder Cup. They did a special offer to play there for £20.14 Bargain of the century, even though it was a bit wet !!

Played the Grove a couple of times but not really my type of course. Prefer Links or heathland courses. Best links courses in Wales & Scotland - best Heathland courses in Surrey,,,,,,,,but very pricey unless you get a corporate invite as I have been lucky to experience. Woking, New Zealand & Walton Heath are my favourites. Last wish before I die is to play Sunningdale,

Played Maylands a few times - never enjoyed the final hole as I usually end up in the pond.
  • Options
    I'm playing a friendly tournament at Maylands next month. I'll be playing it safe to avoid that pond!
  • Options
    Just seen a piece on London news that Lewisham council want to close Beckenham Place Park as its 'not getting enough public footfall'. They want to turn it into a normal park. Spent days and days there as a youngster, I think it would be incredibly sad if it goes.
  • Options
    typical Labour run council - probably be happier if the place was full of hippies & layabouts,
  • Options
    Played Vale do Lobo - Ocean and Royal Courses. Also the Quinta do Lago - South Course out in the Algarve over 3 days just under 2 weeks ago. Beautiful courses, great weather and too much alcohol
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Played Vale do Lobo - Ocean and Royal Courses. Also the Quinta do Lago - South Course out in the Algarve over 3 days just under 2 weeks ago. Beautiful courses, great weather and too much alcohol

I played them last year Shirty. One of my favourite places in the world. Love the Algarve.
  • Options
    Here under false pretences from Henry Irving, apparently I'm having it large with Dazzler, well me or someone called 'Cables'....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Here under false pretences from Henry Irving, apparently I'm having it large with Dazzler, well me or someone called 'Cables'....

You want some?

I'll give it yer.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cabbles said:

You want some?

I'll give it yer.

According to HI you want 'Cables' I'm cabbles. 'Cables' for god's sake, he knows who I am. He knows I'm a regular on here :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2015

shirty5 said:

I played them last year Shirty. One of my favourite places in the world. Love the Algarve.
    In the Algarve right now in the middle of seven games in seven days. Just about to go out for some pre dinner drinks having played Morgado for the first time today. Enjoyed it. Boavista, Palmares, Silves and Gramacho to come in next four days. Hoping the lovely weather holds up although te forecast is for some rain at the weekend. Hic!!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone watching the golf? Sullivan's lost his ball in the bushes, everyone's looking for it including McIlroy. All looking that is bar the charmless American amateur who's just lining up his next shot. Wanker.
  • Options
    He's an oddball alright is DeChambeau. Class from Fowler. Poulter got into contention but went backwards. Not sure he'll make the Ryder Cup side this year. European newcomers look very strong!
  • Options
    What on earth was Rickie wearing on his feet?
  • Options

What on earth was Rickie wearing on his feet?

Did he have the high-tops on again?

I'm worried about the US lineup, there are some scary and potentially long-term names on there. I'm going to keep betting on Tony Finau until he wins his first Tour event, I missed out on Justin Thomas as I largely ignore the silly season stuff in Asia. Brooks Koepka bloody beat me to it last year as well.
  • Options
    So golf season is upon us. Playing Parkwood, Biggin Hill for the first time on Sunday. Any good? Played Nizels last week and thought it was great for the money. I use teeofftimes.co.uk for green fees. Some cracking deals.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

So golf season is upon us. Playing Parkwood, Biggin Hill for the first time on Sunday. Any good? Played Nizels last week and thought it was great for the money. I use teeofftimes.co.uk for green fees. Some cracking deals.

Just to endorse to your comment re teaofftimes brilliant deals. There is an app for it as well which is really handy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ChiAddick said:

Just to endorse to your comment re teaofftimes brilliant deals. There is an app for it as well which is really handy.
    Didn't know there was an app. Will give that a go.
  • Options
    Played Lamberhurst yesterday the course and greens superb , get the chance give it a go but beware the greens are very unforgiving .
  • Options
    Anyone here thinking of attending the club golf day?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Not seen that site before... Really cheap, thanks
  • Options
    Played Birchwood last week,was in good condition and the greens were quick and true,haven't played it for years and had an enjoyable afternoon
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

When is it?!
  • Options
    supaclive said:

jamescafc said:

When is it?!
    Keith Peacock - 11th May - Sundridge Park
    Former Players Day - 1st June - west Malling

Both very entertaining days
  • Options
    Nizels is a nice track but gets very wet. Played woosnam course at Dale Hill last week. Always enjoy it although it desperately needs some sun to dry it out. Despite being a single figure handicapper for about 40 years I got my first ever hole in one a few weeks ago. Chose a very busy club event to do it so cost me about two hundred notes. Worth it though.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

supaclive said:

jamescafc said:

When is it?!

How do I join in? Sundridge Park local to me and I was a member at West Malling a few years back!

• Options
    supaclive said:

Swisdom said:

supaclive said:

jamescafc said:

When is it?!

How do I join in? Sundridge Park local to me and I was a member at West Malling a few years back!

I'm game. What's the standard like though? Don't want to embarrass myself!