Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5 Things You Just Don't Get

Comments

• Options
    Rugby (any form of that pony game)
    People who don't like the truth and want things dressed up in bullshit
    Chocolate that isn't cadburys , it's not as nice is it ??
    Charlton fans who sing "is that all you take away" ..... Really ???
    Russians .......... I mean surely at some point these freaks will learn some people skills

• Options
    1 Spending gobs of money on food at Christmas and chucking half of it away the next week

2 Middle aged men acting like they're 20 something

3 People who drive around like nutters

4 The price of beer

5 Buy one get one free offers which encourage people to over eat
  • Options
    Being drunk.

Office politics/reading between the lines. You got something to say, say it and say it plain and simple and don't get all precious about it if someone says or does something you don't like. It's just a job and given half a chance we'd all be outta here doing something we actually enjoy so stop acting like it really f***king matters to you. And I meant what I said, not the spurious interpretation you've conjured out of thin air.

Musical Snobbery - so you don't like Cold Play/James Blunt/whatever, that's fine, doesn't mean it's necessary to talk about them like you have some kind of vitriolic hatred, just don't listen to them.

People who are always worried about what other people have and they don't. Concentrate on making your own life better, not dragging everyone else down to your level.

Alan Green.

Families who the moment a relative dies start squabling over who gets what from the dead man's posessions. Have a bit of class ffs.

Musicals.

People who want heads to roll everytime someone makes a mistake.

People who can't take responsibility for their own actions. So you screwed up. Say you're sorry and try your best to put it right - do that and everyone except the arseholes in the category above will respect you for it. Don't try and pretend it didn't happen or pass the buck.

Oysters. Love shell-fish, but Oysters are so expensive yet so meh.

People who still think it's funny if there's somekind of suggestion a
    man might be a homosexual (the Top Gear type humour). Grow up ffs.

Boardwalk Empire. I should be all over this but it just bores me.

People who think your class or background defines you. David Cameron is a twat because he's a twat, not because he's rich and went to Eton. Criticise his politics and his personality, not the circumstances he was born into into and the decisions his parents made for him. Inverted snobbery is just as bad as people looking down on the working classes.

People who break the rules of message board lists a give more answers than the original post asked for.

Not a huge fan of folk who write 'This' after quoting another post on CL.

However.....THIS

• Options
    Good to see Wasps getting a lot of stick on here....fecking hate them. Stinging beer garden pint glass loving twats!
    No, stop dissing wasps!  They are beautiful creatures that have a role in pollination and in killing parsites.  And they are the only insects hard enough to have a picture of a butterfly tattooed on their forehead:

What I don't get are these little b'stards:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    People who say, "Haitch" - especially the ones that drop the aitch from practically every other word.
    Religions - any of them
    The current fad for putting glitter in food
    Ear piercing for babies
    The cult of the celebrity

• Options

Shopping unless buying something specific

DIY for the sake of it

Grovelling to the EU

When people are rude to me they are assertive when I give a bit back I am aggressive

Political correctness fanatics reacting intolerantly when their mores are challenged-hypocritical

• Options

People who call you 'son' or 'geeze', particularly when they are about twenty years younger than you and don't realise what an utter streak of ridiculous piss they are. 

• Options
    Reality TV - it ain't real
    Footballers wages - obscene
    Tatoos on females - ugly
    Golf - pretend sport
    Americans
  • Options

1. People who don't like 4 x 4's

2. Intelligent football supporters ( the two just don't mix )

3. Jamie Oliver ( see 2 but substitute football supporters with Essex )

4. Why I am filling in this stupid post

5.Energy.......

• Options
    Blokes with poor toilet etiquette at work

Blokes who don't wash their hands after a jimmy

• Sponsored links:

• Options

People who flick bogeys at the toliet door and wall

• Options
    Blokes with poor toilet etiquette at work Blokes who don't wash their hands after a j arthur
  • Options
    masochism

talking loudly

people who drag bags behind them, even though its smaller than a normal bag

horror films

sambuca
  • Options

people who drag bags behind them, even though its smaller than a normal bag

• Options

Carnivores

Harry Potter

Racists

People who don't reverse into parking spots.

Putting your tea bag in cold milk before making a cuppa.

• Options
    We are a weird bunch aren't we... people who don't "get" being drunk, beer/real ale, intelligent football fans, eating meat, crime watch... I think you need a thread about things you don't like, not what you don't "get". 
  • Options
    People on the BWP twitter thread slagging of BWP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The fact that people criticise the UK for defending the Falklands, one of its colonies, from an act of aggression by Argentina yet those selfsame people eagerly endorsed UK involvement with wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya when there was no direct attack on UK interests. 

Why so many people fail to indicate when turning left. they must have known how to indicate when turning left when they passed their tests so why not now?!

• Options
    Why so many people fail to indicate when turning left. they must have known how to indicate when turning left when they passed their tests so why not now?!

I find this mostly happens with German built cars! Do they not install indicators ?
  • Options
    We are a weird bunch aren't we... people who don't "get" being drunk, beer/real ale, intelligent football fans, eating meat, crime watch... I think you need a thread about things you don't like, not what you don't "get". 
    Mate, my post about eating meat wasn't because I don't 'like' meat. After fifteen years of strict vegetarianism I still crave a kebab, chicken sandwich or tuna melt but I made the choice to give up meat for ethical reasons. I could no longer 'get' why anyone would want to put the dead flesh of another sentient being in their mouth. Just like I'm sure most on here don't get how some cultures can eat dog meat.
    I just chose to include all animals, not just the cute and cuddly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate, my post about eating meat wasn't because I don't 'like' meat. After fifteen years of strict vegetarianism I still crave a kebab, chicken sandwich or tuna melt but I made the choice to give up meat for ethical reasons. I could no longer 'get' why anyone would want to put the dead flesh of another sentient being in their mouth. Just like I'm sure most on here don't get how some cultures can eat dog meat.
    I just chose to include all animals, not just the cute and cuddly.
    I dont "get" real ale. Have never tasted a single ale I like.

• Options

My next door neighbour, who is 62 used to say the same about Real Ale, and to be fair, 15 years ago, i'd have said the same but now he says its the best bit of advice he's had in years. He drinks it instead of lager and no longer gets the hangovers or the acid / reflux guts that he did have. Coz its real and doesn't have the chemicals.

He didn't like it but had a lemonade top on it for a week or so now drinks it straight and loves it - sounds odd but persevere and it will pay off.

Having said that, if i just want to get steaming on a big night out i'll probably go for the lager and the chemicals in it to get that buzz and to hell with the consequences.

• Options

1. Women who have those bags that they have to carry on the middle of their arm with their iphone/blackberry in the other hand get a proper bag you can carry properly and put the phone in it and stop blocking the pavement!

2. People who slag off where they live yet continue to live there, just move!

3. People who jump on a bandwagon in order to show disgust e.g. poppies
    4. Celebrity obsessions
    5. Tim Minchin - it seems to be just me but I don't find him that funny, sometimes he can be amusing but others seem to get way too excited

• Options

People who call you 'son' or 'geeze', particularly when they are about twenty years younger than you and don't realise what an utter streak of ridiculous piss they are. 

Awright geeeeeez!
  • Options
    Racists
    Pedophiles
    Palace fans
    The minds of Women
    smart cars

• Options

I find this mostly happens with German built cars! Do they not install indicators ?
    Not just in Cornwall then
  • Options

1. People who wear joggers trainers etc to the shops (older you are the worse it is)

2. People who queue for 20 minutes at the bar then when served go and ask their mates what they want .

3. People who say ""Can I Get" no you fucking can not get it, ! the bloke behind the jump works there and gets it for you.

4. People who go to work on the train, with enough gear to hire pickfords to shift it !

5. Why anyone would support Millwall

• Options
    1 Red and Blue kits (its either Red or Blue) and that includes Barcalona...
    2 The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    3 The way the yoof of today wear jeans hanging around thier arse
    4 Pavlova
    5 Downton Abbey
  • Options
    6. Jonathan Ross
    7. Paint Ball
    8. Being in the audience of a TV show like Family Fortunes.....why?
    9. Icing
    10. Formula 1
  • Options
    1) people who want to pay by card for £2's worth of stuff
    2) Deal or no Deal guess what's in a box
    3) Keith Lemon...unfunny dick head
    4) Electronic revolving doors on shops that stop when someone touches them. How is that a good idea?
    5) People who don't know me calling me "feller" or "geezer"