Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most annoying adverts

Comments

• Options
    I think some of these adverts have the reverse effect and make us not use the pruduct being advertised.
    I have a liking for a little drop of rum, but I stopped buying Captain Morgan when they started sponsoring the spanners.
  • Options
    Gregos Traitorelli....
    I'm obviously becoming part of the pc brigade because I find that ad incredibly racist.
    Racist to who? There isn't any refrence to anyones race, religion or nationality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2HW_BYozQA
    Perhaps you are right as the censors passed it but I bet they did have a close look at it. I found it implied stereotypes of general cultures. 'Athletico Kebab' is a dodgy line in the context of the ad. Can't say I have logical reasoning here but simply it makes me a little uncomfortable. The other ad shows they are definitely looking to push the boundaries.
  • Options
    and now I feel EPIC .. but not by listening and watching those infantile and ridiculous moneysupermarket.com crack induced rubbish advertisements
  • Options
    My father in law has an Athletico Kebab shirt.
  • Options
    I think some of these adverts have the reverse effect and make us not use the pruduct being advertised.
    I have a liking for a little drop of rum, but I stopped buying Captain Morgan when they started sponsoring the spanners.
    Yep me too. I stopped buying car insurance when Churchill Sponsored the Palarse. Mind you, the old bill weren't impressed.

• Options
    I'm liking the new John Lewis advert.
  • Options
    Apart from the massacring of anther classic song by giving it the Katie Melua treatment, I agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You mean the Gabrielle Aplin treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N8axp9nHNU
  • Options
    Any car insurance advert.

Any toothpaste advert.

Absolutely ANY advert that appears on TV between the hours of 9am to 4pm.
  • Options
    The Halifax ones make me angry, very angry

And Leroy is bang on the money with getting annoyed with old songs getting the Katie Melua treatment. I thought I was alone in being aggravated by this

And I'd like to kick, hard in the vagina, whoever is responsible for the Lloydstsb adverts
  • Options
    'Katie Melua Treatment' was a generalisation. It refers to any classic song being butchered by a wailing bint with an ethereal piano/gospel choir/skiffle backing
  • Options
    Working for an advertising agency, there are a good 3 or 4 I have seen of ours at a quick glance (sure there are more).

I think the John Lewis Christmas advert is very good - the best adverts IMO are the ones that work on emotions and sentiment rather than specific messaging.
  • Options
    I really like that one. I always stop to watch it. Think also its the music in it.

• Options
    Loads of adverts annoy me, too many to mention though.

What annoys me the most is when I turn to a channel and an ad is on it is NEVER the last one, usually there's about a half a dozen to sit through so it was probably the first. Also if you flick to a Sky Sports channel you'll notice there's a trailer at the start and end of every ad break. So if you change to Sky Sports News and there's an upcoming trail for the Champions League, again it it always seems to be at the start of the break rather than the end of it!
  • Options
    hate the nutty bar one with the sat nav that says 'this is nice' at the end.

like most, love the Southern Comfort ad.
  • Options
    Any beauty product that requires "post-production" work on the images. Or "lying through our teeth" as it's known in the real world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the current Direct Line adverts purely because these people are prepared to stand in line doing Mexican waves with implements just for their 5 minutes of fame

and I hate the jingle music as well
  • Options
    What was Joe Hart thinking of with the Head and Shoulders. Totally cringetastic. Must have been paid an awful lot of money. While i was reading about it i came across one i had never seen before. Awful from Rooney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6MkmonoaSw&feature=player_embedded

• Options
    Best ad's at the moment, are the Power of Advertivising ads.

There's two with the dog involved, one where he tries to get out of the dogs home by doing the ironing etc., and the other where his master is about to bin his best toy.

Great!
  • Options
    just seen / heard "top cash back"...............why ????
  • Options
    There is a f*cking terrible one for one of those quick cash loan shark companies.
    It's just some berk pretending to play along to a very bad song on guitar. It's the worst.
    It's like a man in his 70's was asked to create an advert to appeal to the youth using keywords like "fab", "funky" and "cool".
    As someone under the age of 35 it makes me want to die.
  • Options
    That northern idiot that thinks his provincial ways will somehow make me sign up for plusnet broadband...he does my head in
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

That northern idiot that thinks his provincial ways will somehow make me sign up for plusnet broadband...he does my head in

That small provincial business owned by bt. Annoys me as well
  • Options
    turkish airlines ad with messi
    voyage prive
    hate em both
  • Options
    The Money Supermarket advert with the fat c**t in the Space Shuttle just makes me want to scream. Oh for another Challenger incident
  • Options

'Katie Melua Treatment' was a generalisation. It refers to any classic song being butchered by a wailing bint with an ethereal piano/gospel choir/skiffle backing

That's the phrase I've been looking for! Ever since that hideous cover of Power of Love, this has been one of my many hobby horses