Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away support

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
With a massive win on Monday night, I was surprised with the amount huddersfield had in the away end, I'm hoping for are away following to grow more and more.

I wanted to get lifers opinions on what they think of the away support this season? And what will be are biggest attendance to a away game this season?

Comments

• Was it free travel for them as well ?
  • Are or Our ?
  • yea it was leftbehind.
  • they would have been looking at about 3-400 for that game otherwise i reckon.
  • After the Orient away game, our nearest is Bournemouth. I expect us to sell out the away section. Chesterfield will attract the ground hoppers! We've had six 1000+ away followings, to-date. I fancy, providing, we carry on the current form and the distance, to some of the remaining we will do well to exceed the 1000 at places like Scunthorpe! But, we have secured promotion twice previously at Carlisle. Will history repeat itself? Let's Hope so.
  • Any ideas on sales for Walsall, Yeovil and orient?
  • 1,053 hudders there last night .... the free travel offer was for 500 not sure how many took that up when they all come from london

for the recent saturday fixture at hartlepool we had 353

or the live sunday fa cup  tie with halifax we mustered up 393 with the 'free'travel available for 250 (and not fully taken/tooken up )

• Any ideas on sales for Walsall, Yeovil and orient?
    From Twitter earlier today..

The latest commercial centre figures are that #cafc have sold 641 Walsall, 311 Yeovil and 597 Orient tickets for coming away games (MW)
  • Preston away will be our biggest I reckon, last away game in league one :)
  • Were win the title at carlisle away i reckon,5000 charlton there
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have 2-3000 at orient, 1000+ at Bournemouth and walsall, 5000+ at Wednesday (we're pretty MASSIVE like that) and the other away games at the end of the season.
    I based all these figures on how MASSIVE we are as club.

yep just like the 1,100 who were there to witness us claim the championship title in 2000 at blackburn
  • yes but we will clinch this needing to win at carlisle not win it on teletext lol
  • oohaa - Out of interest, How many games have you been to THIS season ?

• I will be at the Carlisle game what ever thats my closest fixture only an hour and a half away!
  • they would have been looking at about 3-400 for that game otherwise i reckon.
    We took 5k to Boro for a midweek cup game. With it being first against second, with free travel and during a time when people have work holiday to use up, we would've taken over 1,000.

yep just like the 1,100 who were there to witness us claim the championship title in 2000 at blackburn
    Couldn't criticise those that were there. It was a bank holiday monday and we'd played on the friday night before, drawing with portsmouth. Can't remember which results went in our favour on the saturday, but it unexpectedly meant we could get promotion there. Hence poor numbers in a horrible run in that season. Curbishley played for the draw which was disappointing reward, so i felt, for those that had travelled.
  • oohaa - Out of interest, How many games have you been to THIS season ?

• And how many of them have been Away Games ?

• Sponsored links:

• Wednesday away should see a big following from us
  • i was at the blackburn game when we won the chmpionship title, it was a lot better than the way swords paints it
  • Hotels booked already for Bournemouth, a nice weekend away with the girlfriend, not sure she knows we're playing yet ha ha
  • i was at the blackburn game when we won the chmpionship title, it was a lot better than the way swords paints it
    Hadn't we already confirmed promotion while not playing, as a result of someone else drawing or something? Either way. It was never a nail biter, and for a Bank Holiday before a work day I thought the turn out was more than acceptable. High % of pissed people if I recall
  • Our away support?

SO. F**KING WHAT?

Jeez, get a life - we're 7 points clear at the top of the league ffs.
  • Only commenting on a game from ten years ago. Fuck me, is it that bad?
    So what gives you the right to sit on your computer/laptop slagging our support off when you can't be arsed to turn up yourself!
  • think the point his making se10 is every team has fans who go to a few games like himself but still have far better away support
  • correct nolly

and if everyone of our 15k of average home atttendance had been to 2 away games this season we'd be averaging 3k for each game

and with 3 young kids and another on the way i can't justify disappearing for a whole day for away trips

and i've done season upon season of 90%+ of away games and even done every game in a season when i was younger and didn't have family commitments

70+ grounds for me with charlton and an away season ticket when it was required !

so i'd say im more than qualified to sit on my computer disecting our away numbers mr SE10