Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I know I am not alone in this so

Comments

• Options
    Kermit doesn't sit well with me.
    He's french. Kermit is a frog. His mates also said he didn't like it.

Big Yann is what I'll call him.
    Although last night was calling him Kermy.
  • Options
    Kermit is an Irish name meaning without envy or jealousy.
  • Options
    lovely bfr kermit it is
  • Options

And the colour of envy and jealousy is ....?

• Options

okay, so the player doesn't like it, has said so himself, but so what we'll keep on calling him it. Soon there will be a song using it.

For all we know he may have been bullied at school and constantly called Kermit and it makes him feel worthless, may even depress him.

Sounds stupid but you'd be amazed. Who knows where it could lead .....

• Options
    oh ffs
  • Options

well it is an Irish name......
  • Options

QED ;-)
  • Options

okay, so the player doesn't like it, has said so himself, but so what we'll keep on calling him it. Soon there will be a song using it.

For all we know he may have been bullied at school and constantly called Kermit and it makes him feel worthless, may even depress him.

Called Kermit at school in France.? Your on a wind up now !
  • Options

I think that was the joke Dave...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

how about Kermy?

:)

• Options

"Eh, Jean-Claude.  Regards-toi le petit garcon avec un balon."

"Oui, qu'est-ce qu'il fait?"

"Je ne sais pas ... mais, seulment pour une rire, tu comprends, je vais lui appeler 'Kermit' parce-que il 's'appel 'Kermorgant'"

"Vraiment, Henri .. tu es une carte!"

• Options
    edited November 2011

Maybe he thinks it's a piss take.

Were someone to sit him down and explain the Kermit is a well loved character and that as we call the French Frogs......... he may be persuaded to think otherwise.

• Options
    If someone you like is offended by something you have called him, apologise and don't say it again.  Simply good manners, isn't it?

• Options
    Perhaps someone just needs to tell us that the French absolutely hate being called Frogs?

• Options

When did Kermit say he didnt like his name Kermit.

• Options
    He prefers Kerm-dog.
  • Options

"Je ne sais pas ... mais, seulment pour une rire, tu comprends, je vais lui appeler 'Kermit' parce-que il 's'appel 'Kermorgant'"

Leave me out of this Ruddy
  • Options

read the thread, you may find out
  • Options

kermit didnt say he didnt like being called kermit, someone claiming to be kermit's friend said kermit doesnt like being called kermit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If someone you like is offended by something you have called him, apologise and don't say it again.  Simply good manners, isn't it?

Well in theory yes.....however not each case is the same is it.

I'd like to try and encourage him to understand that it's not meant in a derogatory fashion.....then maybe he'd think it's OK after all.

• Options

This is from his mate I take it

(We came over specially for the game to see our friend play. Sorry, I didn't get why I should run ...
    Please do me a favour, don't call him Kermit anymore. If Kermorgant is too complicated to pronounce, just call him "Big Yann")

It still doesnt say he dislikes it

• Options

Leave me out of this Ruddy
    Si le chapeau fait ... mon brave
  • Options

kermit didnt say he didnt like being called kermit, someone claiming to be kermit's friend said kermit doesnt like being called kermit
    Was their name Miss Piggy or Gonzo?  
  • Options
    I have a big head so it rarely does : - )
  • Options

One of his friends said not to call him that. He didn't even say that Yann doesn't like it. We know nothing about Yann's own feelings on the subject. For all we know, his friend is an uptight frenchman and doesn't like the frog connotations.
  • Options

please can we stop calling Yann Kermorgant 'Kermit'. I don't know why but I find it disrespectful. He isn't a stupid glove puppet and he isn't green and isn't a frog either. Plus we know for sure that HE doesn't like it either. So please stop.

Yann, Kermy, Kermo etc all fine.

Thankyou.

Agreed ,, special K  a k a Yann the Man 
  • Options
    Miss Piggy was more of a colleague than a friend, and unrequited love interest (from her direction) she wasn't subtle enough to be described as his stalker..
  • Options
    Kerminator..... unless that upsets his mates.
  • Options

Big Yann is good ... Special K is good too.

But fact is, like it or not, he was given the nickname Kermit from the start and as far as many fans are concerned, that won't change. I must have heard it a couple of dozen times last night in the East Stand.

Would have hoped that if explained to him that it is an affectionate nickname and that he is highly rated by the fans, then he would accept it in the good-natured way it is meant.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the counter-arguments, but perhaps too much being made of this?