Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tevez refuses to come on for Man City !

Comments

• Options

To be fair he may be a massive idiot but I have the feeling that Mancini's may have serious unrest in the dressing room

The big lump having his tanturum, lescott cant be to happy part of the team that got them there and kolo (well past it) walks straight back in

Gonna back Mancini to not be manager next season for them

• Options
    I wouldnt be surprised to see him go to that Russian club, Anzhi is it? on 500k a week or something ridiculous
  • Options
    I wouldnt be surprised to see him go to that Russian club, Anzhi is it? on 500k a week or something ridiculous
  • Options
    Got no sympathy for man city. Buying success is bound to come with some problems.
  • Options
    Got no sympathy for man city. Buying success is bound to come with some problems.

Oh come of it if Zabeel had done it with us you would be wetting yourself.

I know Leeds fans that wouldn't change getting to Champions League semis and challenging for the PL. 

Even though they have had to go through the mire

• Options

Oh come of it if Zabeel had done it with us you would be wetting yourself.

I know Leeds fans that wouldn't change getting to Champions League semis and challenging for the PL. 

Even though they have had to go through the mire

You obviously don't know me. I prefer success to be built sensibly and with common financial sense. It's much more rewarding in the end if you have to work for it.
  • Options
    We might never get to the end?
  • Options
    Depends on what the 'end' is? For me it's competing to get promoted out of the Championship. I think that's a realistic and sustainable target over a long term period. I've no real interest in the Premiership or Europe (in the way they currently exist) because to compete you have to spend so much money that eventually permanent failure (bankruptcy) becomes inevitable or a club is changed beyond their original fan base and ceases to be the club you supported in the first place.
  • Options
    Tevez is a disgrace to his profession , and brings shame to the great city of Manchester ......... can we sign him on loan? :-0
  • Options
    Tevez is a disgrace to his profession , and brings shame to the great city of Manchester ......... can we sign him on loan? :-0
    Slater's Man City connections are coming in handy.

Remember the West Ham 4 - 0 game.  Tevez was the only WHU player who looked liked he cared and that was in a relegation battle.

All very odd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he doesn't want to pay for City he should pay out for the rest of his contract and some money of his transfer fee like what Adrian Mutu had to do at Chelsea. He says he wanted to leave City for his family, but would he fork out all those millions of pounds and receive a possible FIFA fine for that? 
  • Options
    Yeh because pardew got the best out of him didnt he...Tevez probably didnt like curbs but curbs sorted him out!
  • Options
    His agents have told him it's time for a move as they need to capitalise on him before he gets too old. Tevez is the best paid slave in UK, if paid slave is not an oxymoron. Poor Carlos, if he weren't so rich he'd be a definite care in the community case
  • Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    My wife is Argentinian and will only watch a match if he's playing. He is like the 2nd coming after Maradona in Argentina. This is the best article (in English) that I can find to give an insight into Tevez:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2001732/Carlos-Tevez-exclusive-I-turned-drugs-chose-football.html

Also, I just asked my wife to translate what he said in this interview and it really didn't match what the translator said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs4lQtYroWI&feature=related

I really don't think we know what's going on behind the scenes between him and the management.
  • Options

The backlash has begun. Firstly the widely respected Paul Scholes says he fully empathises  with Tevez, says he did the same thing at United in a League Cup game 10 years ago, not that I recall it.

Now unnamed City players who were on the bench are letting it be known to the media that Mancini got it all wrong and has even lied.

• Options

The backlash has begun. Firstly the widely respected Paul Scholes says he fully empathises  with Tevez, says he did the same thing at United in a League Cup game 10 years ago, not that I recall it.

Now unnamed City players who were on the bench are letting it be known to the media that Mancini got it all wrong and has even lied.

And yet none of them stood up at the time and said "Boss, I think there's been a few crossed wires here"
  • Options

And yet none of them stood up at the time and said "Boss, I think there's been a few crossed wires here"
    Possibly because there was no reaction from the boss until he did his interviews, after the game was over.
    If it had been one of my players I would have sent more than one message to him asking him to get on the pitch, and after that I would been in his face letting him know the consequences of refusing to go on.
    I've seen no evidence to suggest anything like this happened.

Probably only three or four people really know what happened, yet the press frenzy instantly demonised one side before checking Tevez' view.

• Options

Hmm, the Scholes incident obviously took place under more private circumstances and he probably gave his manager some kind of reason for it.  Also, he'd probably not been whining for a move for a while before and given a huge pay rise to buy his loyalty.  Hate to be cynical but much as he's a respected figure Mr Scholes has just got a book out so a little bit of media stir is well timedd for him.

As for the other players backing Tevez's disgusting conduct I wonder what they thought was going on when he was physically refusing to be dragged off the bench.  Still I expect it to be entirely made up, there's no direct quotes after all.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man City have turned down an enquiry from West Ham to take him on loan according to SSN.
  • Options
    Martin O  Neil on ITV just said he refused to play for Cloughie.
    Crikey!
  • Options
    Man City have turned down an enquiry from West Ham to take him on loan according to SSN.
    Good old West Ham - tossers
  • Options
    Mancini would have more credibility had his selected side turned up. They all looked as though they had doubts about playing. As I have said above, not picking de Jong and Lescott and playing 2 attacking lightweights in midfield was a ridiculous selection away from home against a top side. I dont think that Mancini is quite as good a manager as he perceives himself to be, in fact i think he is close to being just a big mouth in a nice suit, haircut and occasional blue and white striped scarf. How these Millionaire Arabs keep falling for these Italian conmen is beyond me
  • Options
    From today's Sun

MANCHESTER
    CITY will push for a full six-week suspension and £1.5million fine for
    Carlos Tevez — even if he proves he did not directly refuse to play
    against Bayern Munich.

City believe Tevez's refusal to continue to warm up in preparation to come on is enough to warrant the punishment.

• Options
    Depends on what the 'end' is? For me it's competing to get promoted out of the Championship. I think that's a realistic and sustainable target over a long term period. I've no real interest in the Premiership or Europe (in the way they currently exist) because to compete you have to spend so much money that eventually permanent failure (bankruptcy) becomes inevitable or a club is changed beyond their original fan base and ceases to be the club you supported in the first place.
    This i agree with 100%
  • Options

In his original statement, Tevez said he wasn't "mentally or physically prepared to play".

In his second statement, after speaking to his advisors, Tevez states there was simply a misunderstanding with Mancini and he was ready to play.

Hypocritical little cunt trying to worm his way out of it. I hope he's banned from football for 3 years, he point blank refused to come on and play, that is unacceptable.

• Options

In his original statement, Tevez said he wasn't "mentally or physically prepared to play".

In his second statement, after speaking to his advisors, Tevez states there was simply a misunderstanding with Mancini and he was ready to play.

Hypocritical little cunt trying to worm his way out of it. I hope he's banned from football for 3 years, he point blank refused to come on and play, that is unacceptable.

Language please Timothy!
  • Options
    Don't see how he can be banned for any longer than his contract with the club allows.  I hate him and he's clearly a self-centred liar with no interest in anything other than lining his own pockets (although, paradoxically he's such a whole hearted player).  It'd be great if City use their financial muscle to leave him to rot in the reserves until his contact is up, but I suspect they'll just take a cut-price to move him on.  It'll be a good riddance for English football.