Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tevez refuses to come on for Man City !

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011

heard mills giving it the high and almighty on radio 5 after last nights game

he needs to take a look at what he did with us before making out that no true professional could behave in such a way

clown

tevez's behaviour was disrespectful to say the least but whatever city do tevez could just lie and play the "i no speak english" card and make out he didnt understand or know how to say that he felt unwell , i think he's already said he wasn't right in the head to come on...... no shit sherlock !!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    If he gets his move it will show everything what is wrong with football - most of us would lose our livliehoods with that level of misconduct but he will get more money!!!!! A sad day indeed but clubs will be queing up for him - disgusting!
  • Options
    It wasn't that long ago that Manchester City fans were saying that
    Tottenham Hotspur would be an embarassment to English Football in the
    Champions League.

It's nice to sit back and watch their over-priced, over-hyped, over-paid collection
    of super-egos implode in such spectacular fashion on the European stage.

Calm down, they lost one game away to one of the biggest teams in the competition.
  • Options
    Tevez is a complete cancer.  I don't hold with all the meeja nonsense about money ruining the good old game, but Tevez is a complete disgrace.  The fact that he was still trying to deny that he refused to play, obviously forgetting there's footage of him refusing to be dragged off the branch like a pathetic little kid.  I hope City sue him and leave him to rot training with the youth squad. 
  • Options
    Also Mancini on Dezko is pretty strong

• Options
    Oh for a lipreader who can speak Spanish! Would love to know what he's whispering to Zabaleta.
  • Options
    Oh for a lipreader who can speak Spanish! Would love to know what he's whispering to Zabaleta.

"Why don't they just leave Barry on, I've got City to lose on my accumulator".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know what the rules are for an 'appearance' in the Champions League. Do you actually have to set foot on the pitch? Would be quite amusing to see Tevez pull this trick in the next game and be physically thrown onto the pitch by a couple of burly Arab gentleman, working on behalf of the owner (who then lets Tevez rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract).
  • Options
    Playing Devil's advocate for a moment, Tevez has today denied refusing to play and the video isnt exactly conclusive.
    I wonder if between Mancini and Tevez's language problems there was a misunderstanding?
    Just a thought
  • Options
    How hard is it to work out that the manager wants you to get on the pitch? 2 seconds of sign language should be sufficient.
  • Options
    How hard is it to work out that the manager wants you to get on the pitch? 2 seconds of sign language should be sufficient.
    Yup, fair enough.
    I just wonder why Tevez thinks he can get away with saying he didnt refuse to go on?
  • Options
    He's quoted as saying:

"In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was ready to play. This is not
    the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not
    happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play"

I'm looking forward to whenever the right time is to go into specific details as they're going to need to be up there with "Great Boo's up Edmond" to get away with it.
  • Options
    He is claiming that he refused to warm up, as he felt he had already warmed up, rather than to not come on at all. Problem is, the quote he gave out last night about not being in the right frame of mind to play at all pretty much undermines that.

Funnily enough, Tevez has complained about the mentality of footballers, and not liking his money-grabbing colleagues. Which he clearly is.
  • Options

Now says he refused to play because his nappy hadn't been changed and his milk was cold.

Great, big Argentinian baby. 

• Options
    Mancini had a BAD BAD day, a terrible team selection, K Toure who has hardly figured recently after a drugs bust in for the consistent Lescott and 2 similar midfielders in Nasri and Silva (hiyo Silver me ol kima sabi) and no de Jong. Mancini has gone from ultra defensive to attack attack ... attack attack attack but doesn't pick Tevez. I would not be surprised if Tevez was off to real Madrid come Christmas and Henry M was out the door if City have not qualified for the ko stage of the Chumpioniees League  
  • Options
    He is claiming that he refused to warm up, as he felt he had already warmed up, rather than to not come on at all. Problem is, the quote he gave out last night about not being in the right frame of mind to play at all pretty much undermines that.

Funnily enough, Tevez has complained about the mentality of footballers, and not liking his money-grabbing colleagues. Which he clearly is.
    Also complained his way out of his beloved Boca, whined his way out of Corinthians and has spent his time in England demanding moves/more money.  Talent wasted on this awful character.  The fact that he can't even get his story straight about what went on last night says it all.
  • Options
    Yup, fair enough.
    I just wonder why Tevez thinks he can get away with saying he didnt refuse to go on?
    Probably the same reason he got off with his speeding fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New time low for the greed, arrogance and contempt that professional footballers are able to display once they are wafted into the never never land of the premiership football wages. The mans a disgrace and yeah Carlos we all believe that it was a misunderstanding.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    He wont be going out in Manchester for a while I guess - or he may well never play football again, let alone for City !

FIFA should have the balls to get involved and fine him so substantially that he can never retire from his earnings as a footballer. That will send out a message to future copycat acts

This will be a new clause in a footballers contract no doubt from now on
  • Options
    He clearly does not give 2 flying f**ks about city even though he has done well for them in the past. It's the same thing but would be slightly different if say city were 3-0 when he refused to come on, then you can just say it was a big rift with the manager.

Mark Hughes was getting all smart arse about it on sky.
  • Options
    No wonder Sir Alex got rid - he knows bad rubbish when he see's it.

As an aside, did he sign Ralph Milne ;)
  • Options
     Mark Hughes was getting all smart arse about it on sky.
    Of course he was, he signed him AND they have the same agent in Kia Joorbichan (sp.)
  • Options
    Mancini said he'd never play for them again right? If so he's totally right, if anyone just said "i refuse to do any work today" theyd get the sack too.
  • Options

Limavady United's loan offer to Manchester City's Carlos Tevez

Carlos TevezCarlos Tevez has been offered the chance to play Irish League football

Irish League club Limavady United have offered Manchester City superstar Carlos Tevez an escape route from his troubles with the Premier League club.

The County Londonderry team's vice-chairman David Brewster faxed City on Wednesday afternoon offering to take the multi-million pound striker on loan for the rest of the season.

It follows City manager Roberto Mancini's vow that Tevez would never play for him again after the Argentina international failed to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich in a Uefa Champions League game on Tuesday night.

Limavady United play in the second tier of Northern Ireland football, with opponents including Harland and Wolff Welders and Ballinamallard FC.

Mr Brewster said the club would be willing to take Tevez on loan and keep him fit, if City agreed to continue to pay his wages.

"Pursuant to the well publicised comments of your manager yesterday evening to the effect that Carlos Tevez would not be permitted to play for your club again, may I on behalf of Limavady United FC indicate our willingness to assist you with a difficult problem," his statement said.

"We would be perfectly willing to take Mr Tevez on loan for the remainder of the season or until transfer, thereby permitting him to play football but without the risk of being cup-tied for the Champions League.

"Limavady United play in the championship in Northern Ireland and our manager would be happy to accommodate Mr Tevez within his squad.

"Naturally, our club would not be in a position to discharge Mr Tevez's wages but I am sure you can see the advantages of keeping him match fit prior to any possible sale."

The offer has yet to receive a response from Manchester City.

The BBC has learned Tevez feels his row with boss Roberto Mancini was about warming up and not a refusal to play.

The 27-year-old felt he was ready to play when asked to prepare to come on in the second half of the 2-0 defeat.

Tevez blamed "confusion on the bench" for the "misunderstanding" in a statement on Wednesday.

In his statement, Mr Brewster said he looked forward to Manchester City's "early reply to permit us to complete the necessary paperwork with the Irish Football Association if the matter is to proceed".

• Options
    Could he be the nippy loan striker to come on for BWP...? Nah, we've got Kermy!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, what happens if we need him to come on with 10 minutes to go and he doesn't fancy it?  No thanks.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, what happens if we need him to come on with 10 minutes to go and he doesn't fancy it?  No thanks.
    If he won't come on against Bayern in the Champions League, what chance would we have of getting him on the pitch against Brentford in the Johnstones Paint Trophy?

Maybe lure him on with a trail of fresh, raw meat?