Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley Beckons for Slater and Co.

Comments

• Options
    Ben you ok with the normal ? or will you do it ?
    don't you read your own site : - )
    Dohhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options

Who's Christian Ronaldo and why can't we sign him?

Very good summary Henry and well done to everyone who goes to the effort of
    arranging these meetings as are such an important link between the club and
    fans.

With regards to this bit:

"MS said ownership is with him and Jimenez, Murray and others
    but MS and TJ are the main owners and they are not holding shares for others or
    anything on those lines."

Didn't Richard Murray completely contradict this at a previous meeting? I could
    be wrong and in that case even if MS and TJ are the majority shareholder then
    that doesn’t mean the others are not pumping serious amounts of money into the
    club.

• Options
    I think CP should embrace new technologies and only use youtube for scouting new players..
  • Options

Who's Christian Ronaldo and why can't we sign him?

Very good summary Henry and well done to everyone who goes to the effort of
    arranging these meetings as are such an important link between the club and
    fans.

With regards to this bit:

"MS said ownership is with him and Jimenez, Murray and others
    but MS and TJ are the main owners and they are not holding shares for others or
    anything on those lines."

Didn't Richard Murray completely contradict this at a previous meeting? I could
    be wrong and in that case even if MS and TJ are the majority shareholder then
    that doesn’t mean the others are not pumping serious amounts of money into the
    club.

also would depend on which company they are talking about, no?
  • Options
    I think CP should embrace new technologies and only use youtube for scouting new players..

I agree but lest we forget Football Manager 2012 ;-0
  • Options
    aye but how they look on camera is far more sigificant and explains why we didn't win on SKY this week
  • Options
    thanks Henry and the bromley crowd, it's allays good to hear the background stuff.
  • Options
    C'Mon Henry, surely there was a juicy titbit that "could go no further than this room" Cue requests for whispers.
  • Options
    Whether it was due to feeling exhausted, meeting wise I found the evening a bit bland and guarded to be honest, but that is no reflection on the good work that I feel is being done.
    I actually found that refreshing. I felt that RM had got too cosy with us and revealed things he shouldn't have and then promised things but didn't deliver. I found last night very interesting, both were very approachable, I had a good chat with Steve during the break about signing a striker and he was willing to discuss it and one player in particular, and at the end both stood at the exit and shook everyone's hand on leaving. Thought MS could easily have dodged certain issues more, was willing to admit he is still a big season ticket holding City fan and if we played them would have mixed emotions but welcome the income. Good night all round.
  • Options
    Glad i made it out of Kfc , thankyou Bromley Addicks for an enjoyable evening (and signed raffle shirt) comments well summed up by people already mentioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with Large there has to be less of the "I'll tell you something but it mustn't go any further" as this discriminates against those that are not present. It's ok if you know the chap personally, but in a public meeting anything said should be available to the public.

On the transfer fees, I can see why the club want to keep them a secret, but I think the fans that are stakeholders, even if they are not shareholders, are going to be able to accept decisions if the full details are disclosed. For example of we sell one of our popular players the fans might be a little more accepting if the figures are known. On a more immediate scenario we fans have no idea if the 'significant investment' that was promised this summer came entirely from the sale of Jenkinson or if the squad was replenished from an injection of capital. Many will say that it doesn't matter but I would, personally, prefer to know. I'm not sure it is fair to publish players wages (even though this has been common place in the past) and I'm not sure that the club want all the players to know exactly what the other players are earning.

Just my view, of course.
  • Options

C'Mon Henry, surely there was a juicy titbit that "could go no further than this room" Cue requests for whispers.

Keep this one quiet, but the Carlsberg was very nice and only £2.80 a pint..
  • Options
    I can see the point regarding fees. If another club, for eg, found that we had paid 400k for Green when we bid for their player they would think Charlton have some money let's ask for 500k when the player is only work 300k. Re Jenkinson Arsenal insisted it was in the contract that it was undisclosed so you can't then disclose it. Transparancy all round isnt going to happen.

• Options
    cheers for the summary guy's
  • Options
    Oggy Red September 6 Quote
    Valley27000 you seem obsessed with signing a fast forward on loan.

No mate just talking some sense good to hear they are still looking and not sitting still on the issue.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, it's been a few years since I last went to a Bromley meeting, in fact we were still in the Prem.    
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates Henry....sounded an interesting night, hope to get down to one of these one day.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info chaps. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Ditto
  • Options
    Any further updates, fellas ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I can see the point regarding fees. If another club, for eg, found that we had paid 400k for Green when we bid for their player they would think Charlton have some money let's ask for 500k when the player is only work 300k. Re Jenkinson Arsenal insisted it was in the contract that it was undisclosed so you can't then disclose it. Transparancy all round isnt going to happen.

I've heard plenty of these sorts of policies from the club over the years, most of which have tripped over the basic problem of there being at least three parties to a deal, not all of whom have the same interest in secrecy. You may get away with things in League One where no one in the national media is interested; won't be so easy if and when we step back up a level. The only argument I would make in favour of a policy of not disclosing fees is that they are only part of the picture anyway and easily misrepresented when you consider add-ons and sell-ons, never mind signing-on fees and wage deals. 

• Options
    That is what MS said last night, that the fee nowadays is only half the story when taking into account wages, signing on fees, loyalty clauses etc.
  • Options
    Didn't MS also say that we're following the Arsenal model of not disclosing fees?
  • Options
    one thing I think Henry forgot. For Sky games the home team gets 30k, the away team 10k. We actually lost money on the game. Last season Sheff Weds brought 2,200, this year 660. That loss of income alone is nearly 40k.
  • Options
    one thing I think Henry forgot. For Sky games the home team gets 30k, the away team 10k. We actually lost money on the game. Last season Sheff Weds brought 2,200, this year 660. That loss of income alone is nearly 40k.
    Well done Large, i forgot about that one as well , in the Prem you get 500k per tv game, mahoosive difference.
  • Options
    Which begs the question, can you refuse to be on TV when sky pick a game to be shown live?
    Guessing no 
  • Options
    Well, firstly thank you Henry for the update.

My impression from your summary, kind of chimes with what I have seen thus far. The club is being run in a very professional manner. My own view is that "the old guard" of RM, PV and SK are able to bring their experiences of running the club through thick and thin to add to the clear purpose and direction of MS and TJ. I am certain as I can be that lessons have been learned through the rise to the top as well as the fall, which are shaping the present approach.

The time spent on getting the right players in - from a character perspective is part of this professionalism. 

I am much encouraged by the way things are unfolding. 
  • Options

I've heard plenty of these sorts of policies from the club over the years, most of which have tripped over the basic problem of there being at least three parties to a deal, not all of whom have the same interest in secrecy. You may get away with things in League One where no one in the national media is interested; won't be so easy if and when we step back up a level. The only argument I would make in favour of a policy of not disclosing fees is that they are only part of the picture anyway and easily misrepresented when you consider add-ons and sell-ons, never mind signing-on fees and wage deals. 

Airman. As an employee of the club what is the general feeling among yourself and others about how things are progressing under the new owners? I know when they first rode in you were fairly optimistic. Is that still the case?
    From the 'outside looking in' perspective it all looks rosey.
  • Options
    At the end of the meeting the Chair, Ian Wallis, asked fans if they were happy with what the new board were doing. 100% stuck their arms up to say "yes"

• Options
    Which begs the question, can you refuse to be on TV when sky pick a game to be shown live?
    Guessing no 

No you can't refuse. Sky have a contract to show "x" amount of games that they choose.