Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grimsby Town

124»

Comments

• Options
    Love the way Lincs is arguing the merits of a "nice town" like Grimsby when by his own confession he lives 5 miles away and has only been there for 4 years - and he's arguing against a bloke who spent the best part of 20 years living in the area, who still has family there and visits it regularly throughout the year so is well up to speed with the goings on and the pros and cons of living there.

Regardless of my own opinion, if Boom says Beckenham is a "nicer town" to live in than Grimsby then that's good enough for me. As for it being a "very spiritual and intellectual conurbation" - I'm sure the yoof up there might not see it that way !
  • Options
    WOW! The Mariners are looking up - since October, 14 league games without defeat has shot them right up to just outside the playoffs!

Only 1 defeat in 22 incl cups, good luck Grimsby
  • Options
    It's still a bob hole though!
  • Options
    Linsaddick where you live I live in Grimsby guess your off to Scunthorpe in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    I lived in Grimsby for 6 months in the mid 70s. I was a student then but doing the work segment of my business studies degree. I'd never lived in the North before. It was as rough as hell, but I bloody loved it. For the first time I saw a fight in the street between two women. I got a job as a barman in the most 'fashionable' pub in town called the Exchange and suddenly found I had celebrity status as "that (fooking) Cockney barman from t'Exchange" which saw me getting laid right left and centre, and threatened by jealous local blokes. I found out what it meant to be "working class", packing biscuits in the factory. I escaped to Louth one evening with a girl friend to a cosy country pub, and found lots of people looking suspiciously alike, and one woman using a baby feeding bottle to provide a black lamb with what we learnt to be a mixture of milk and rum. On top of that, Charlton were on for promotion with Killer leading the charge so I went by train to places like Chesterfield, and watched fascinated as Sheffield station became a regular battleground for various tribes converging from all points. My student mates from Pompey refused to believe all my stories until they pitched up to try it for themselves. At that age, it was an experience you don't forget in a hurry and I still love Grimsby. But for those wanting a normal family life, I'm not going to pretend its better than Beckenham...
  • Options
    North east Lincolnshire is alright .. anyone who doesn't fancy it ... stay away. The Mariners are lookin good for a play off spot and I hope they get out of the conference at the first attempt. The 'Grimsby of the west', Fleetwood is looking good for the Conference title.
    I will definitely be at Glanford Park, but first, Chesterfield !! .. three important away games over the next month, B'mouth playing for a play off spot; C'field and Scunny for survival.
  • Options
    North east Lincolnshire is alright .. anyone who doesn't fancy it ... stay away. The Mariners are lookin good for a play off spot and I hope they get out of the conference at the first attempt. The 'Grimsby of the west', Fleetwood is looking good for the Conference title.
    I will definitely be at Glanford Park, but first, Chesterfield !! .. three important away games over the next month, B'mouth playing for a play off spot; C'field and Scunny for survival.
    Only "alright" now is it? I thought it was supposed to be like Eden compared to gang-infested Beckenham?
    ;o)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Dunno I've just been out for a run round BR3 and passed a pair of youths wielding clarinets and there was reports of a serious drive by humus incident only last month

Place is gettin Ghetto blud. ;-)

• Options
    Before automatic relegation out of the four divisions of the football league I think Grimsby Town have been promoted and relegated more than any other club.
  • Options
    Before automatic relegation out of the four divisions of the football league I think Grimsby Town have been promoted and relegated more than any other club.
    if not THE most, Grimsby is right up there with the best .. or should it be worst ?.... of 'em
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Only "alright" now is it? I thought it was supposed to be like Eden compared to gang-infested Beckenham?
    ;o)

I say only 'alright' in the hope that misersable buggers like you won't get the urge to move to the paradise that is Grimsby .. and leave it for us connoisseurs of the good life to enjoy in peace, quiet and relatively unspoiled solitude .. compared to Eden Park, Elmers End, West Wickham and the other ghettos which border beautiful down town, charity shop infested Beckenham that is .. have a nice day
  • Options
    Big up the West Wickham Massive!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Big up the West Wickham Massive!
    Went to school pon der so know dem ends. Propa beef wit da Hayes crew kno wot man say. Ghetto.

• Options
    y'all gonna end up in Beflem Hospital .. or Whitgift School
  • Options
    Grimsby a paradise??? Now I know you are having a laugh. Even the name gives it away. Flat, cold and boring as I well know. Clearly that suits some people.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ;o)

I say only 'alright' in the hope that misersable buggers like you won't get the urge to move to the paradise that is Grimsby .. and leave it for us connoisseurs of the good life to enjoy in peace, quiet and relatively unspoiled solitude .. compared to Eden Park, Elmers End, West Wickham and the other ghettos which border beautiful down town, charity shop infested Beckenham that is .. have a nice day
    Oh do shut up. Eden Park & West Wickham a ghetto? Many of the houses are £400K- £1M.
    You could probably buy the whole of Grimsby for a £1M.
    People generally move to Lincolnshire from the South East, because the property prices are so low there.Generally people wouldn't choose to live there. Unless of course they have a thing about cabbages and or deep fried Mars bars
  • Options
    yep forgot about andy peake and charlie wright ....!!!

great character who had a wonderful habit of letting the ball through his legs ...would have made a fortune in this age selling his very own xmas blooper dvds

Hull seemed to be a place full of people with not much to do ,probably like a lot of cities/towns where the original industries have died and nothing substantial replaces them eg pit towns ,mill towns ,steel industries etc

People often refer to Charlie letting the ball through his legs, sure it only happened a couple of times. Think back to the amount of fantastic saves that he made that kept us in/won us games. A great keeper for us & indeed for Bolton who we sold him to.
  • Options
    @ covered end Oh do shut up. Eden Park & West Wickham a ghetto? Many of the houses are £400K- £1M.
    You could probably buy the whole of Grimsby for a £1M.
    People generally move to Lincolnshire from the South East, because the property prices are so low there.Generally people wouldn't choose to live there. Unless of course they have a thing about cabbages and or deep fried Mars bars

Oh do shut up ... hahahahaha you silly ******r .. you take yourself far too seriously CE and have absolutely no sense of irony or humour.
  • Options
    You started it!
  • Options
    Lincs you posted over 25 times on this one thread and have slagged off Beckenham and lauded Grimsby. You doth protest too much methinks (apologies to Bill S.) Unlike others I am convinced that you do have a sense of humour and irony as demonstrated by your suggestion that Grimsby is superior to Beckenham. Very good, keep them coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grimsby flying this season so far!