Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpools year to finally win the PL?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Heard this every year for 20 years now, still not convinced they are anywhere near good enough to win the title despite their heavy spending this summer. Fourth is the best they can hope for and that is me being very generous.
  • Options
    Now or never.

Brendon Rodgers... The unlikely genius.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Now or never.

Brendon Rodgers... The unlikely genius.

Can't see them being in a similar position next season. They have been helped by not been in Europe and earlyish cup exits. Suarez and Sturridge have had seasons of a lifetime. Chelsea will be stronger next season with some forwards and Man City more consistent now thir manager has had a season in the prem

• Options
    Please no...
  • Options
    Its funny but 25 years ago I was bored with them winning everything and was quite pleased when they became mediocre.

Anfield did not feel like a fortress in the Curbs era in the way it did under Lennie in the 80's. This year I hope they do it , in the era of the big money distorting our league ,English football needs a strong Liverpool to reassert itself . It would also be good if their city neighbours Everton ease Arsenal out of 4th place as well.

It is not by any means in the bag yet because they still have Chelsea to play at home in 2 weeks time,but the match is sandwiched between the Blues ventures into the Champions League against Athletico Madrid, so not being in Europe might help them once more.
  • Options
    I like Gerrard and for that reason (only) would like to see them win it this year, also like Rogers and the way he has them playing and has built a side around good English players....can't stand their fans though
  • Options
    If you remember 25 years ago, then saying you want them to win it is a bit like crying at the funeral of an older relative who used to bash the crap out of you at every opportunity. There are more plastic Scousers than Mancs or Blues in England.
  • Options
    Fair play to their owners who told Suarez in no uncertain terms he was going nowhere. Just a shame Daniel Levy didnt have the balls to say the same thing to Bale.
    They've played by far the best football this season and going forward, they've been a joy to watch. Good luck to them. Cant stand their fans though.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I hope they win it for Gerrard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope they win it, they've turned what would have been a boring title race into a really exiting finish. They were astonishingly quick out of the blocks yesterday.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Fair play to their owners who told Suarez in no uncertain terms he was going nowhere. Just a shame Daniel Levy didnt have the balls to say the same thing to Bale.

Bit of a difference in turning down 40m from a league rival in Arsenal or turning down 85m from Madrid. If Madrid had offered 85m for Suarez there's no way he'd still be there.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    They deserve to win it but im not sure i can be happy for them, as a bit of a family feud ever since one half of my family who were never football fans decided to start supporting Liverpool conveniently just after they won the Champions League, i would let that go if they are not now trying to twist Liverpool in to being the family club.......................................................but im not bitter, honest. ;-)

• Options
    After the way they celebrated yesterday, it will be absolutely brilliant if they balls it up
  • Options
    Watched the game yesterday in the Liverpool supporters pub in singapore. Over 300 people packed in there, was an unbelievable atmosphere. Could have done with some city fans to spice it up but overall was a great evening surrounded by Singaporean plastics - surprised by the amount of hot women there so nothing like Liverpool!
  • Options
    If they win at Chelsea the title is theirs.

Don't mind the team (outside of Suarez) but the fans are possibly the worst in all of football. Cannot stand them.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

After the way they celebrated yesterday, it will be absolutely brilliant if they balls it up

Thats what they've got to be careful of... that teams dont see that and think "Hold on... You've got to beat us before you win the league, we aint gonna lose without a fight"

Think everyone wants them to win just for Steven Gerrard though
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I'd be happy if we beat Barnsley tomorrow and celebrate in the same way.
  • Options
    I like liverpools style of play this season.
    Much more interesting, brave and attacking football in comparison to Chelsea. It's pure merit based.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

Thats what they've got to be careful of... that teams dont see that and think "Hold on... You've got to beat us before you win the league, we aint gonna lose without a fight"

Think everyone wants them to win just for Steven Gerrard though
    Speak for yourself.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    And this kind of sycophantic a**e licking from the media is why I have disliked them for forty years...
  • Options
    How short some memories are algarve mate

Growing up it drove me insane how much was made if the anfield kop the boot room and the Liverpool way

Made me really want Everton to turn the whole of mersyside blue

If people think the fergie era of utd domination is bad

The scouse bias was worse

• Options
    I do hope not
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I like liverpools style of play this season.
    Much more interesting, brave and attacking football in comparison to Chelsea. It's pure merit based.

No biting, theatrics or general bullshit ?
  • Options
    Rather the Micky's than fecking Chelsea.
  • Options
    Liverpool have had their year several times over, if we can get over the silly rebadging of the PL - I live in hope that Charlton's year will finally come around, or failing that Halifax Town's. Quite frankly my dears I don't give a damn.