Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpools year to finally win the PL?

Comments

• Options
    They have conceded 15 goals in 5 pre season games against poor teams, no chance.

4th if there lucky, although Id still bet on Arsenal to get 4th spot. Spurs to get 6th.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Didnt Rodriguez leave?
  • Options
    Didnt Rodriguez leave?
    not yet
  • Options
    they got shelvey which means they'll defiantly win it ; )
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    United (provided they bring Sneijder in) will win at a canter
    City (Aguero has the potential to be the best player in the division by a distance)
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
  • Options
    think it'll be the tightest premiership so far....either of the Manc clubs will win it I think
  • Options

Poor season for Liverpool,. Constant injuries to Gerrard and an average manager who will prove by Christmas that he has paid about £30m more than he should have for his summer signings. All good players, but not great ones.

Prem is there for Alex yet again. Arsenal 3rd and City 4th.

Liverpool 7th.

• Options
    City and United will be top two, Chelsea snapping at their heels, then a good 10-12 point gap to Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal. First XI wise, I think Hart, Clichy, Kompany, Lescott, Richards, Toure, De Jong, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez is tough to beat, and they have amazing depth too, something I feel United lack in midfield 
  • Options
    Tevez won't be there surely... he is off to Inter as soon as the Sneijder money hits the bank
  • Options
    I didn't really notice liverpools poor preseason. I know they lost to Hull. The one thing you can garuntee is that they will get alot of goals with the players they have. If they don't win the league or come top 4 I still think they will be leagues highest goalscorers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Jonjo been involved?
  • Options
    And dont forget Steven Gerrard is laid up in hospital with a groin infection so will probably be out for a few months.

What exactly is a groin infection pray tell?
    sounds like a diplomatic groin infection to me .. Dalgleish doesn't fancy Gerrard and is going for the 'Adam'model. Why did Dalgleish sign Dowling?.. Maxi Rodrigues was scoring for fun last season
    Liverpool signed Downing because despite a long list of midfielders, hardly any of them are wingers. He also had an excellent season. Maxi Modriguez did have a ridiculous purple patch at the end of the year, but Downing was far superior overall.
  • Options
    Not a chance Liverpool will win the league. You have heard of Manchester United right?
  • Options

Pool played a friendly against Vålerenga (11th team in the norwegian league) yesterday. Vålerenga played with reserves in the 2nd half, and had Liverpool on their knees. The game ended 3-3. I know its still early season for Pool and Vålerenga is halfway through the season, but still...

Btw, Shelvey came on with 20 mins left, and he missed a sitter..

• Options
    No chance, massively underwhelmed by the average over priced players they've signed.  Suarez is a world beater, laughable when you compare what they got after that.
  • Options
    man u, man city and chelsea will be the only title contenders. arsenal, spurs and liverpool will fight for 4th. 
    This
  • Options
    I dont get a sense Liverpool are back yet - think they are behind Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City and will be fighting for 4th with Arsenal which I suppsoe is an improvement for them.
  • Options
    Chelsea or City for me. Probably Chelsea.
  • Options
    I agree with most people now, win the league? probably not. They need a few more signings and find their first 11. Dagliesh is a very good coach and I think they will have some success this season.
  • Options

Liverpool have got no chance. their defence is shocking. in pre-season (and yes i realise its only pre-season) they have conceded 15 in 5.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree Man City are more likely to win the Premier League than Liverpool.
    Edging our the Gooners for 4th spot is a more realistic aim for LFC.
  • Options

If Man U get Schneider then imo all bets are off.

A Young is a v good signing and will supply for Rooney/Hernandez along with Valencia & Nani.

Aguero is young and has no experience of the Prem. Quality player but may take him time to get going & if Tevez goes that is a massive loss.

Liverpool will get 4th I think.

• Options
    Let's hope not
  • Options
    Def a top 4 finish I reckon but I think city might just do it this year
  • Options
    Reckon Andy carolll could push them high in the league but no way will Liverpool win it.
  • Options
    Be a Manchester 1-2, in what order I don't know, even though I've got money on City, if United finally get Sneijder they'll win the league by a mile, and then get dicked again by Barca in the CL final.

What I'll say about Liverpool, is all that money on players that United, City and Chelsea all passed on, don't think there Champions League quality
  • Options
    dalglish will go wibbble as well
  • Options
    Like said, wont be winning anything with there current team. Shipping 15 goals in 5 games is terrible..

There team is alot stronger this year than last. Some big signings and young players getting better. But they have paid well over the odds for some of those players (Carroll/Henderson) and theres still a big gap inbetween quality of these players and the top players of the league.

They will battle it out for 4th with Arsenal.  Swear ive said this somewhere before..

Man City to win the league, finally the spending will pay off. United to be right behind them.
  • Options

If Man U get Schneider then imo all bets are off.

A Young is a v good signing and will supply for Rooney/Hernandez along with Valencia & Nani.

Aguero is young and has no experience of the Prem. Quality player but may take him time to get going & if Tevez goes that is a massive loss.

Liverpool will get 4th I think.

Or Sneijder even
  • Options
    Chelsea are the ones who should be going for Sneijder. I think Modric would benefit United more.