Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liverpools year to finally win the PL?

They have a very good midfield this year and a very good manager who has won the PL title before. I still think they need another key signing. Scott Parker might not be suited to there style of play but he is a model professional and alot better than Barton. They may also need another striker.

They will be more focused and up for it then a few of their challengers I think. I hope it will be fresh this season and be between them and Man city.

I like Liverpool, alot more than Manu or Chelsea.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I think Liverpool will be a lot better than last Season , given the fact Dalglish is running the show from the off possibly a top 4 finish , but not enough for the title , still don't think Man City have got enough to win the title 1-2 seasons away perhaps , Man United to win it , unless there new keeper is complete pants, which could happen, it could be Arsenals turn to miss out on the top 4 this season , will their board stick with Wenger if that happens?

Spurs and Arsenal could be looking for new managers come the end of the season.
  • The midfield is strong, but it's probably not as good as any of the clubs' midfield who finished above them last season.

I think it all depends on Suarez/Carroll really. Suarez hasn't had a break for over a year. Still can't see them winning the title.
  • No, it is Man City's year to win the PL. Liverpool will be lucky to get back into the top four.

• Hats off M.I.A. Pretty much along the lines I was thinking. Saved my ramblings. ;-)
  • reckon they will come 4th, they need to sort out their defence if they have any chance of mounting a title challenge.
  • Their defence is pony in my opinion, need someone other than N'gog to cover injuries for the front two.
  • I think Pool will get top 4, cant see them winning it though.

• I think we'll win it before they do!
  • man u, man city and chelsea will be the only title contenders. arsenal, spurs and liverpool will fight for 4th. 
  • Consistency has always been their problem but I think dagliesh will be the difference here. A few more signings required for them but it's only just hit august, they still have time to sort that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Much as I would love Liverpool to win another title, just to piss Fergie off, I don't think they've got the squad, or even the first team, to compete for top 4, let alone top spot. I was expecting Chelsea to make some big signings this season but that doesn't look like it will happen. They could still be in with a shot. Arsenal and Spurs have no hope.

If Tevez goes do you think Man City will still be in with a shot. Take away his goals over the last few seasons and they would have been nowhere.

Think it's Man Utd again.

• United will win it again from City and Chelsea. Arsenal fourth........Liverpool might make 5th
  • Liverpool have no Europe this year - no distractions

• Liverpool's defence will be their achilles heel in their pursuit of the Premier League, but I think that the top 6 will all takes points from one another, so will be tight again and Liverpool will be on the fringes. They need a better left back that's for sure. If City do get Eto'o for Tevez, with their defence and midfield too, I reckon they could sneak it. Utd's centre mid does not look as strong as Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool's to me. Dependent on another big name striker coming into City that would need to bag 20 goals, I would go with them. 

• Yeah but if Man City get Aguero, he's top top player. 
    They are also trying to get Sneijder with Man United so them two signing would be brilliant. 
  • No chance will liverpool win it. They don't have the bottle. To inconsistent. Top 4 if there lucky.

United
    Chelsea
    City
    Arsenal if there lucky
  • Yeah but if Man City get Aguero, he's top top player. 
    They are also trying to get Sneijder with Man United so them two signing would be brilliant. 
    Aguero is there already mate. City looked good against Inter last Sunday winning 3-0. 
  • oh is he. Well yeah thats a decent signing. He will score goals this season.
  • Manu are always the most determined and organised going in for the league title, but I think they will fold this year and not be there usual self. Arsenal are having all sorts of problems with the possibility of their best players leaving, chelsea have a young inexperienced manager that no one has heard of, with no new/big signings.

Id go for Liverpool or City. Its time for something fresh and I think it will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was noticeable that last year's successful run coincided with cheerful Steve  Gerrard's absence. I can't see SG and Adam being a happy partnership, shades of Lampard and Gerrard for England, who is the 'main man'.

I fancy Man City for the title, Chelsea second, Man Utd third and Liverpool fourth

• It was noticeable that last year's successful run coincided with cheerful Steve  Gerrard's absence. .

I think it coincided more with Hodgson's departure and the arrival of Dalglish.
  • Liverpool won't get close to it, this happens every year, they sign a few decent players but by Novemeber they are out of it.

Henderson/Adam/Downing are not signings which will win you a league title, I'll even go as far to say they won't make the top 4 again.

Let's not forget when Daglish took over they had nothing to play for, no pressure so no surprise their form picked up. Suarez is a brilliant buy by them though
  • And dont forget Steven Gerrard is laid up in hospital with a groin infection so will probably be out for a few months.

What exactly is a groin infection pray tell?
  • I really, really don't want to know!
  • And dont forget Steven Gerrard is laid up in hospital with a groin infection so will probably be out for a few months.

What exactly is a groin infection pray tell?
    sounds like a diplomatic groin infection to me .. Dalgleish doesn't fancy Gerrard and is going for the 'Adam'model. Why did Dalgleish sign Dowling?.. Maxi Rodrigues was scoring for fun last season
  • I hope not.
  • not a chance .... easy money laying them at 12s on betfair
  • They have a very attacking midfield this year. They should bring in Parker. Whatever position they finish in the league they will be one the most entertaining teams out there.
  • They have a very good midfield this year .

they have some reasonable midfield players. i'd say when fit, Gerrard will start and Kuyt will start. if they play Carroll and Suarez as id expect them to that leaves any 2 from;

maxi rodriguez

downing

adam

miereles

henderson

aquillani

shelvey

spearing

lucas

poulsen

and joe cole.

imo they will finish closer than the 22 pts they did behind utd last year and might nick 4th off arsenal.