Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis and McOxo (McOxo left by mutual consent)

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
What is happening, have I missed something. Have they gone yet or not?

Comments

• Options
    both in england. always a good start considering rest of squad are in spain.
  • Options
    Francis was on Twitter earlier discussing some new trainers.......was hoping he'd reveal they were flip flops as they're better on the beach.
  • Options
    They've been sent to Coventry.
    I don't suppose Coventry wants them either
  • Options

A good start.

When the squad comes back, can we send them out there so that they are a safe distance from the starting XI?

• Options
    I'm told that Francis is likely to be at Bournemouth by early next week.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i'm sure if we all chip in for the fare, we could get him there for wednesday at the latest..........and even pay for oxo to keep him company. ;-)
  • Options
    put me down for 20!
  • Options
    As charming as ever. Us Charlton fans are really classy.
  • Options
    As charming as ever. Us Charlton fans are really classy.
    Agree. Scum like this is the reason The Valley is a graveyard for good players. I wish the club grew some balls, did IP address traces and banned the booboys for life. Booing at the stadium is crap enough, but booing online makes you (a) an even bigger scumbag, and (b) traceable. Hopefully now we have money behind us these player-hating retards won't be allowed within a mile of SE7. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  • Options
    I blame the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    You'd ban people from The Valley because they dont like two of the worst players?

It'l be a happy day when Francis and McOxo go, both useless. And no, I dont boo my own team ever.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ..i think our fans have been very tolerable to say the least, even more so on here cos to be on here your love for charlton is more than your normal fan.....
    the acceptance/hope that someone is decent when they are clearly at best a mid-table 3rd tier footballer may be ok for some(cos they are third tier footballers playing for a 3rd tier club , ok let's stay here forever you ambitious less freaks) but there's been so much dross flowing through our club for a few years now it is no coincidence that we have had such an appalling/disgraceful run and that we are south londons current laughing stock
    i understand , as a non booer, the frustration when fans do it , i cringe but the numbers are a very small vocal few , the rest of just sit there in pure frustration and wanna explode as yet another cross goes absolutely nowhere or another flap misses the ball ...... but to dig people out for having an opinion that so and so is crap on a charlton internet forum, where we are allowed to discuss the good and bad of all things charlton is bizarre but then again i forgot everything is always rosey in la la charlton land to some .....
    ok some of the comments haven't been worded too friendly but we all know it's due at the frustrations and inability of the above named not to perform to what we'd hoped of them and fans have just witnessed the most pathetic of seasons in most of our football watching lifetimes , what do you really expect !!
  • Options
    Stretching it further, intelligence levels amongst us are always going to vary, add to that the folly of youth. If we were all geniuses who would sweep the streets ? Hopefully those who go too far in their critisism will be influenced by some of the sages on this site, and can I say that the outrageous comments about the boo boys here tend to mirror the comments made by the boo boys about their least favourite players. I also have been frustrated by the two particular people involved here, but they were brought in during a difficult situation for the Club. Let's leave it to the management to sort it out, they are well paid for doing so.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Spirit. So you think that makes you better than us because we want players who are not very good and have no loyalty towards the club to leave, yet you on the other hand seem to want to get rid of (probably thousands) of supporters just cos they don't agree with the same as you?

For you information, i have NEVER booed a player wearing a Charlton shirt, but i'm not going to get on my knees and kiss his private parts when he plays like a twat (this is more regarding oxo as i don't think Francis is a bad player).

So, if you don't mind, i'll object to being called a scumbag and a retard.....you fucking knob-jockey.
  • Options
    This is such a quality message board!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Steady guys.

Francis and McCormack are (as OohAah says) mid-table 3rd tier footballers who last season played in a mid-table 3rd tier team.

Remember last season we began pre-season training with just 6 contracted players .......with barely the proverbial pot to piss in, Parky did his best to put  together a (sometimes) competitive team, having lost a number of his key players.  He signed 2 players who both had  a reasonable 3rd Division track record.

Sure, we know all that, you'll say. But it is relevant.

Instead of mindless boo-ing at their typically 3rd Division shortcomings, it's a shame that average players don't get better support from  some supporters - you'd be surprised how backing players increases their confidence! They would perform better within their limitations as a result.

Powell has had the advantage  that he hasn't somehow had to scramble for last minute bargains or cast offs just to get 11 players on the field at the same time, never mind the quality. Powell has been able to go for the cream of the stand out players in this league - he's had the budget and been able to do virtually all his shopping pre-season.

That's why we are now signing a better quality of player than Francis and McCormack. It's not their fault that we can now afford a better standard, is it?
  • Options
    Tango, don't feed the Troll.
  • Options
    Just found out the proper modern meaning of Troll.
    Thought Henry was referring to scary Lifers who live under bridges
  • Options
    Aren't trolls from the North - shouldn't the troll pic be on the "Semedo to Wednesday" thread?
  • Options
    Think thats now the blame Thatcher threat.
    Oh hang on, she was northern too.
    You are right again Oggy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i don't boo. but when a player gets in the position to represent charlton and don't care or show passion for that shirt. it pisses me off. i dont want francis or mcoxo as players. people they seem fine.  but if they don't have quality the least i feel as fans we can want is passion and commitment. thats why semedo was well-liked. we he our best player? no. but he cared and he showed it. 
  • Options
    It is possible to post a negative point of view regarding a specific player - but then NOT boo that player whilst at a match

Just checking everyone understands this amazing principle

I don't rate McOxo at all and just think Francis had a bad season but is not a bad player (agree 100% with Tango on this point)
    Don't wish any harm on them but just recognise that the best solution for everyone (us, CP and them) would be for them to find another club

Would never boo an individual player - gutless and very counter-productive imo

Have no problem booing the entire team though - as I did a few times last season
  • Options

Perhaps this is a case for a BOGOF offer.

• Options

Perhaps this is a case for a BOGOF offer.

or BNGBF..................Buy none, get both free
  • Options
    agree with Curb-It and Oggy Red - perhaps some people can't help be negative and have some scapegoats on the go.
  • Options
    Every supporter has the right to boo the team if the performance deserves it. You pay your money and that gives you the right. Booing individual players is counter productive however I remember years ago when we were losing 6-1 at home to Leeds, El Khalej was laughing and that pissed off me and a lot of people around me who then rightly booed him. Different circumstances I know but there are instances. 
  • Options

Bit unfair to lump Francis in with McOxo.

Francis is a limited player, but I think he tried and probably would be adequate at a team who had aspirations to be a mid-table third tier side. McOxo is a terrible, terrible player. I don't think he tried and his comments after a shocking performance (and subsequent comments since) have shown that he has no class and very little care for the fans or the club.

• Options
    I'm told that Francis is likely to be at Bournemouth by early next week.
    Is he going on 'holiday' ?
  • Options
    Neither are bad players per se. Both did well at Southend (they turned down a 150k bid for Francis a few months before he signed for us). So what changed when they got to The Valley? Maybe, just maybe, it's the fault of our fitness guy. I've no evidence for that, but we have just sacked him and replaced him with Southend's fitness guy (ie the bloke who had McCormack and Francis playing well). I'd suggest if you wanted to boo/criticise anyone last season, you should have picked on the fitness guy. But no, boo-boys are too simple to look at the wider picture, and it's so much easier and more fun to pick on a player. That lot are no better than playground bullies, quite frankly. People around me boo Benson when he's warming up, ffs. They say the atmosphere at the NOTW was toxic, the same goes for The Valley these days imho.
  • Options

So the fact you have no evidence is good enough to lay the blame on him? Crazy fool!