Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lady football

Comments

• Options

What really peed her off was I did her for pace!

• Options
    Find some off your comments quite embarrassing really , and the funny thing is none of you would actually be good enough to get into the ladies team.
    I wish I was good enough to get into a ladies team
  • Options
    Jashea99 aren't you the poster that piped up earlier that the b mob were turning up welling?

Where were they?
  • Options
    I don't understand why women are playing football anyway. What's next? Monkeys playing tennis?
    Or morons respecting women? 
  • Options
    Jashea99 aren't you the poster that piped up earlier that the b mob were turning up welling?

Where were they?
    What? I think you've got me confused with someone else. Who's B mob?
  • Options
    I don't understand why women are playing football anyway. What's next? Monkeys playing tennis?
    Or morons respecting women? 

That already happens...
  • Options
    Is that Wagstaff with the big tits !!!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yes I apologize. I have mistaken you for another wally on here.

The other Ja something or other.
  • Options

Do you genuinly think that there wouldn't be a fair dollop of piss taking when womens football was mentioned?

Each to there own I guess, but it's not for me.

• Options
    Handbags for goalposts? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I was screaming at the telly when the penalties were on. unlucky ladies. 

Is BBC on late saturday afternoon prime-time? Plenty of other things on to watch. 

That poor England forward who was injured but ran her bollox off for the last 15 mins and then firing the first penalty. there was no stopping that. More powerful than CAFC pens from last season.  Women's football is not something I'd watch every week, but always try to watch the FA Cup Women's final. 

I'd love to get a girls 5 a side football team/league together at one of the goals/power league places. I think it'd be great fun - never played football properly before, just in the garden with my dad when i was little but would love to do it and i found the women yesterday inspirational. 

Go for it girl!
    Some people talk  a good game of football on here, but we can all be armchair critics and managers!
    I started  a junior football team, playing over the local green, then started it at the local school, got Charlton involved with coaching, and joined the Bexley league, got qualified ( junior league managers coaching badge) and  then  the club  joined the kent league, after getting  the FA charter and play several teams . Long lane have  a  young ladies team, and the club president will always help  you assist you!. 
    I no longer manage a club, having done it for 10 years, and think that local football for kids is great. Yes there are some arseholes, and it does take up your time. 
    I remember Debbi Brown being a football coach in the local league who I think went on to have an association with Charlton.

Has the woman's game developed,?....... not sure, but I do not care about that

If we want to develop a nation of 'lard arses' eating junk food we are going the right way.
    If you are serious, there are plenty of people out there who will assist you................
  • Options
    You and me both pal. ;-)
  • Options
    Its not for me either but surely there must be some that like it... hence who should really moan about the licence fee when theres so much other rubbish on the telly.

• Options
    I was reading that the BBC bowed to "pressure" - didn;t say who from - and decided to show the game live on BBC2 rather than only via the red button service.

Apparently they cancelled an episode of Flog It and a repeat of Porridge to make room (and no, I'm not joking!). I can just see the letters of complaint from avid Flog It viewers weighing down poor old posties sack today!
  • Options
    That Anne Robinson's gonna be getting a peice of my mind, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Just your mind? Now THERE'S a 'would ya'?

:)
  • Options
    Just your mind? Now THERE'S a 'would ya'?

:)
    That did cross my mind leroy but I'm sure we've all "done her" before?
  • Options
    Anne Robinson? Do me a favour!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You and me both pal. ;-)
    In fairness to Suzi it was me  that stated that........
    The context was that womans football was thought to be the  fastest growing participant sport in the uk a few years back, but I guess you could  prove anything with a low base level in statistical terms.

I have the the same interest in Scottish football...... none....... that is why I do not watch it, mind you I do not watch Spanish or French club football as well. Quite simple do not watch it and amuse yourself with repeats of porridge and flog it, and although a case could be made for viewing porridge for about the xxx time, in the words of flog it it's 'worthless' day time mush. 
    Anne Robinson! .... an ex soak who used to talk out the side of her mouth, I wonder if they are her own teeth, still any port hole in a storm?
  • Options
    Yeah, i know it was you who said it ken, just when i edited the quote, it came out as sadie. Old site was easier for quoting. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hope Powell said after the game  'Three times I had to ask before anyone stepped forward. 'Where are you?' I was thinking, and then a young kid (Rafferty) is the first to put her hand up. And Kelly Smith was dying on her feet but she stepped up and took one. You've got to want to take a penalty, but other players should have come forward and they didn't. That's weak, it's cowardice.' 

The problem is that if you don't have a good feeling - maybe it is strong to put yourself forward but that isn't always the best thing. 

• Options

Powell made the terrible decision to substitute two­ experienced defenders in the last ten minutes­ (who were having decent games) when England were weathering a French storm and replaced them with two young inexperienced ones who were not going to make things any other than worse. 
    I suspect that we­ would have won if not for those substitutions and Powell would­ have had two more experienced players on the park to­ take the penalties ( I think one does take penalties).
    The penalty takers should have practised and decided on before the match­ started but given the cope to drop out if they felt wrong - sometimes it takes more courage to do this.

I don't think she should be criticisising her players when the most blame for defeat falls at her door. Admitting you made a big mistake tactically is real courage which Powell doesn't seem to possess.

• Options
    It's nothing to do with ability, anyone can pass the ball into the net from 12yds. It's about having the balls to step up. One thing ladies lack. :-)
  • Options
    It's nothing to do with ability, anyone can pass the ball into the net from 12yds. It's about having the balls to step up. One thing ladies lack. :-)
    exactly .... to me that's what it's all about , the pressure , i've always put myself forward in penalty shoot outs , he who dares rodney
  • Options

Didn't they play a game in Russia or somewhere like that recently with pro' teams (as it were) where they wore bikinis?

Kinda sums it up for me.

• Options

I watched it, and quite enjoyed it. Compared to what we have been watching last few years I thought it was OK. That centre half would have kicked Lloyd Sam all over the place. Fairies like Racon and Sam would have found it heavy going.

• Options
    Bit rich calling your players "cowards" in public like that particularly, as has been pointed out, she was found wanting tactically and that was one of the major factors in the result.

I think that Ms Powell may have developed ideas above her station and competence in life.
  • Options

like the homosexual lad said after he was persuaded to try sex with a female: 'Not bad but not as good as the real thing'

• Options
    Bit rich calling your players "cowards" in public like that particularly, as has been pointed out, she was found wanting tactically and that was one of the major factors in the result. I think that Ms Powell may have developed ideas above her station and competence in life.
    not Chris's big sis is she?. I agree, totally out of order slagging off your team like that. Given her gender and ethnicity, I expect to see her go far in the FA hierarchy.
  • Options

Powell made the terrible decision to substitute two­ experienced defenders in the last ten minutes­ (who were having decent games) when England were weathering a French storm and replaced them with two young inexperienced ones who were not going to make things any other than worse. 
    I suspect that we­ would have won if not for those substitutions and Powell would­ have had two more experienced players on the park to­ take the penalties ( I think one does take penalties).
    The penalty takers should have practised and decided on before the match­ started but given the cope to drop out if they felt wrong - sometimes it takes more courage to do this.

I don't think she should be criticisising her players when the most blame for defeat falls at her door. Admitting you made a big mistake tactically is real courage which Powell doesn't seem to possess.

Agree with this,although the commentator (Woman) claimed they had practised penalties.

Seemed like deflecting the criticism to me....... a bit of honesty goes a long way, she gambled and lost, making substitutions is like that, the quickest way to go from hero to zero...... or the other way?