Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lady football

Comments

• Options
    And the centre back misses the vital penalty to put us out, nothing out of the ordinary for England related shootouts then!
  • Options
    Why am I not surprised.

Still, at least we can now sit back and laugh at the rest of the tournament without any further hint of national embarrassment.

"Heroic effort" apparently. Heroic? Why?
  • Options
    England lose on penalties change!!!
  • Options

Its all kicking off in Trafalgar square. Pubs are getting smashed up all over the shop and the riot squad are out as England fans respond to this latest  bitter disappointment.

• Options
    edited July 2011
     a 'Gooner', and an ex millwall looses it for them.......... 
  • Options
    Just seen a Citroen 2CV getting chased down my road by an angry mob of 8 year old girls. They caught it too.

• Options
    i do like how this is in the ' not sports related' category. 
  • Options

That was hard work for the girls.

Hope they take their time washing each other down in the showers.

• Options
    Find some off your comments quite embarrassing really , and the funny thing is none of you would actually be good enough to get into the ladies team.
  • Options
    Wahey - we've found one!

Cos you know us, all of us - don;t you scabbyhorse?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know of you dude , none of the others though you keyboard warrior you.
  • Options
    Find some off your comments quite embarrassing really , and the funny thing is none of you would actually be good enough to get into the ladies team.
    Ooooo...get you.....!
  • Options
    What's embarrassing is all the money the international Football Associations have pumped into FIFA's coffers over the years funding this shower of shit. It's pathetic to watch - how anyone can think the BBC are justified in paying for the coverage rights for it is completely beyond me. IIt would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that we're all paying for it.
  • Options
    I know of you dude , none of the others though you keyboard warrior you.
    Oh the irony
  • Options
    Then you'll now all about my playing career then?
  • Options
    you do not have to watch it , or do you?
  • Options
    Calm down mate. A lot of the above is tongue in cheek but you must admit the standard is poor and the coverage and hype a bit patronising.
  • Options
    Leroy cant your boyfriend type for himself?
  • Options
    I'm calm rodders.
  • Options
    I'm calm rodders.
    Are you on the blob?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leroy cant your boyfriend type for himself?
    LOL - that's a good one. Original Comedy Gold right there. Did you think of it yourself, or have the (approximately) seven hundred and fifty thousand times you've seen that (and similar remarks) sunk in enough that you can repeat them now?
  • Options
    oooooohhh another sexist remark , guess your single then!!
  • Options
    Are you annoyed Leroy ?
  • Options
    Are you annoyed Leroy ?
    Why would you think that?
  • Options
    you keep quoting me!
  • Options
    Anyway children , it was fun but i was actually proud of my cousin tonight.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well good for you and good for your cousin.

Can't really knock those who are putting in the effort and get to represent their country, but for me it's still a pretty poor spectacle - and certainly not worthy of prime time Saturday viewing. Just my view, of course.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It wasn't bad - Hope Powell - well I 'Hope' our Powell is a better manager than the female version. England 1-0 up with 10 to go - defence excellent and keeping them in it - France put a couple of pacy players on so Powell took off both her full backs- 50% of the defence who were doing so well and put on a couple of rookies. The threat increased from the pacy French players rather than decreased. What was obvious was some pace was needed upfront to latch on to long balls as France pushed on. Very naive tut tut tut.

Apart from that, substitutions were wasted and she couldn't inject fresh legs in extra time. Incompetent in the extreme. I liked the blonde midfield French player beginning with N and Rachel Unitt is quite fit though. Camera work was a bit shoddy, when French girl injured her bottom and needed it spraying, a better angle was required.
  • Options
    What annoys me is that the BBC can spend a fortune on tennis, spending the hole day covering it on both channels, and not give us the national game.
    As for women's football, what a shower of shit that is.
  • Options
    Ah - NOW I see the bigger picture. It's still shit though.