Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're still 5th ....

12346»

Comments

• FFS where is everyone???

...and once again the team haven't turned up again - SORT IT OUT!

• Good win, but we're still fifth.
  • If Bournemouth sign Francis surely we are in as good as 4th position.
    I can't believe they haven' put up our three points from Saturday on that table yet. SORT IT OUT SLATER!!!
  • Hearing that the win on Saturday is being scrutinised by the FA and that we may have points deducted for breaching the permitted 3 subs allowed during a game. Was hoping no-one would notice.
  • It's all very well us whinging about the situation but i feel action is needed. I for one am going to boycott the Valley this saturday and i urge you all to follow suit. Maybe only then will the board realise how serious this matter is..............Are you with me?
  • edited July 2011

Yeah, I'm with you.

Especially after I've just heard that all the directors/management team & players are now in Spain on a giant piss up.

Talk about no respect for the supporters.

What win? I was at The Valley on Saturday and I can assure you I did not see us win. Again! SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Really annoyed.

Another win, still 5th but no atmosphere at The Valley at all.

And, Dale Jennings has gone to Bayern Munich. WTF happened to our bid which was correctly reported by SSN?

Sort it ahrt!

• I'm getting really fed up with this now. Does anyone know the record for the most 0-0's in a row 'cos we must be getting bloody close.

Sort it out Powelly, fer gawds sake!!!!!

Just had a butchers at the statistics and it seems that there are currently 92 league clubs with an outstanding amount of no score draws. The press blame the academies, apparently footballers are being taught too many defensive plays and no'one is learning how to score, this has been going on for years and over the last couple of months has started to affect 1st team football. In fact the papers are calling for any experienced strikers to please lend a hand as a matter of urgency and start a new training regime. The change in regime is expected to work quite quickly with enough strikers on board, the press expect the tables to show some movement by the end of next month, heres hoping!
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand that John Terry and Cashley Cole have been asked to give tips on how to score.  Can't help feeling that something has been lost in translation.
  • If things go on like this I'm afraid we'll lose The Valley again. I think we need to start another political party to sort it out. 
    SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE. WHO'S WITH ME? 
    *raises fist in the air*
  • Bloody Hell.........................
    still 5th ?
  • but above Millwank !!!!!
  • edited August 2014

I'm getting really fed up with this now. Does anyone know the record for the most 0-0's in a row 'cos we must be getting bloody close.

Sort it out Powelly, fer gawds sake!!!!!

Just had a butchers at the statistics and it seems that there are currently 92 league clubs with an outstanding amount of no score draws. The press blame the academies, apparently footballers are being taught too many defensive plays and no'one is learning how to score, this has been going on for years and over the last couple of months has started to affect 1st team football. In fact the papers are calling for any experienced strikers to please lend a hand as a matter of urgency and start a new training regime. The change in regime is expected to work quite quickly with enough strikers on board, the press expect the tables to show some movement by the end of next month, heres hoping!

Gawd did I really write that?
  • what ever happened to OFF_IT. did he quit after CP's demise. ? Its great looking at the table from the top down, 5th
    and unbeaten after 4. Long may it last.
  • Spent ages looking for Yeovil in the football league, only to realise how old this thread was.
  • Lucky I didn't go on here before 2011 12, the first few months of that season and the pre season were the best ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was wondering if someone was going to mention that when I saw the table.
  • How come not 6th? Exactly same record as Accrington yet they are below us despite their alphabetical advantage
  • We don't question their wisdom.
  • I thought this when I saw our position!!

lets hope it doesn’t follow through like it did then when we played shit for ages and were still 5th but the writing was on the wall for those that could see it and read it 
  • How come not 6th? Exactly same record as Accrington yet they are below us despite their alphabetical advantage
    I think it’s the disciplinary record but could be wrong. Think they have 5 yellows and we have 2. 
  • mart77 said:
    How come not 6th? Exactly same record as Accrington yet they are below us despite their alphabetical advantage
    I think it’s the disciplinary record but could be wrong. Think they have 5 yellows and we have 2. 
    Turns out it's because we scored more away goals than them. The discipline comes in as last criterion under efl rules;

9.2  If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:

9.3.1  number of wins;

9.3.2  goals scored in away games; or

9.3.3  in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.

9.4  Where two or more Clubs are tied after the procedures set out in Regulations 9 .1 to 9 .3 inclusive then the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has accumulated the lowest total number of penalty points (as determined in accordance with Regulations 9.5 and 9.6) following the completion of 42 League Matches in the relevant Season

• Doesn't alphabetical order count for anything in the table anymore? :smile: