Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're still 5th ....

edited June 2011 in General Charlton

Comments

• I see both the 'giant' Sheffield clubs will have a dreadful season and only just avoid relegation.

Expect supporter unrest and both clubs to sack their manager.
  • Remember what happened last time we were "still 5th"? Sack Powell now before it's too late!
  • agreed scp has taken us as far as he can, thanks powelly unbeaten in 2 months nearly but we just aint scoring enough
  • agreed scp has taken us as far as he can, thanks powelly unbeaten in 2 months nearly but we just aint scoring enough
    ....but the defence has let anything past it.
  • Remember what happened last time we were "still 5th"? Sack Powell now before it's too late!
    Unbeaten in June ......must be short-listed for Manager of the Month?

Poisoned chalice, though - just ask Parky!
  • i know mate but, we although we are stiffling out every chance at the back, we havent really created one attack of note, tbh, the last 2 months i have sat at the valley virtually alone, people aint turning up to watch, def time for change
  • Agree, NLA. I've been worried about poor attendances these last few weeks; there's absolutely no atmosphere in the ground.

Our lack of creativity worries me also, no movement off the ball - it's just like the team haven't turned up.
    Still at least we're not conceding.
  • We might be still be fifth but we haven't won for months.

Sort it out Powelly.

• Stay positive everyone. I still expect us to be in the top 6 at the end of next month. In fact I will stick my neck out & say we'll stay in 5th.
  • What I don't understand is that we have signed a number of new players and Powelly isn't even giving them a game, not even in the stiffs! SORT IT OUT SOMEONE!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd rather not winning for months when we are not playing instead of the way we did it last season.
  • Trouble at Millwall
  • No trouble at Millwall - it's just the press stirring it up again. Those seats threw themselves onto the pitch.
  • The seats started it.

Them poor millwall fans....
  • The Millwall fans turned up and found the seats there. They asked them to move, the seats refused so they had to go. End of.
  • The Millwall fans turned up and found the seats there. They asked them to move, the seats refused so they had to go. End of.
    Yeah, they were in their end so they had to get them out - it's a matter of pride init?

Stuwall saw a seat in his seat and that was that, went off everywhere.
  • So another 4 days have passed and we have not seen 1 inch of effort on the pitch, yesterday the crowds were so low they didnt ven bother opening the ground, for the love of god someone put powell out of his misery, we are woeful at creating chances and nil nil will get us relegated
  • So another 4 days have passed and we have not seen 1 inch of effort on the pitch, yesterday the crowds were so low they didnt ven bother opening the ground, for the love of god someone put powell out of his misery, we are woeful at creating chances and nil nil will get us relegated

You haven't got a clue about football have you mate.

CP has acheived what we were all looking for last season and that is consistency.

I agree that we're not creating many chances but neither are the opposition.

Roll on the next game I say. Although I think it will be a low scoring affair.

• The consistency is superb fella but its not enough we need entertaining and effort tell me 1 player who put in effort yesterday powelly must go make him defensive coach and get Shearer in as attacking coach,
  • Never happy are ya.

We're 5th FFS. Shearer is not the answer. Get Wise or Bryan Gunn in.

To answer your question, I thought Hayes was excellent yesterday. It's not easy staying on those banana boats.

• Sponsored links:

• Wise and gunn, could work I thought Hayes looked like he was still on holiday tbh, we haven't had a single shot in 2months
  • And another thing, I went to the West Stand catering outlet bang on 3.45 on Saturday and they had run out of everything. No pies, hot dogs, sausage rolls - nothing. The fella behind the counter had even fcuked off - probably to avoid the abuse I would've given him.

SORT IT OUT CHARLTON!
  • Yeah, but I bet you didn't get any grief from the stewards.  Proof that the club do listen to our concerns.

I enjoyed a relaxing smoke in the Upper West on Saturday with no trouble.

• I did a couple of lines in the nth upper in the stand at last nights match didn't even need to go to the bogs, stewarding has been blinding so far this season
  • Didn't see the management team offer one bit of encouragement to the boys last night.

In fact, didn't see the management team at all.

Agree about the stewarding. Was in NL. Stood throughout the game, verbally abused everyone at the top of my voice and was trying to incite violence but they did sweet FA.

• Paddy Powell was there laughing at you, Macro.

Then he had to carry on cutting the grass.
  • Alonso, Hayes, cedric, all as,cack as the others not a shot or pass from any of them Powell is gonna struggle to win anything based on the teams no show again last night
  • good players come on
  • Yeah, but they've been at Charlton for more than 24 hours now - they've produced nothing at all so far.
    Disappointing.
  • Underwhelmed