Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Transfer Story - Paul Hayes

Comments

• Options
    Essex Al get my thanks for posting what he has which was done in good faith no doubt. Let's hope we get our man.
  • Options
    He hasn't signed for us and he hasn't signed for anyone else.

Until its on the OS...........
  • Options
    agree, thanks Al
  • Options
    I have no idea if he has signed why it can't be announced. New contracts start on 1st July I believe, so maybe it's what Preston and Charlton have agreed, or maybe Charlton are going to unveil a host of signings on the last day of the month!
  • Options
    Sounds extremly positive. Thanks e.a
  • Options
    Maybe we've offered more money than Watford. Mercenary don't want him ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All this toing and froing.Will he won't he?
    I've not been this excited since we signed Izale McCloud.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All this toing and froing.Will he won't he?
    I've not been this excited since we signed Izale McCloud.

Only now can I fully apprecitate how my parents' generation felt during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have no idea if he has signed why it can't be announced. New contracts start on 1st July I believe, so maybe it's what Preston and Charlton have agreed, or maybe Charlton are going to unveil a host of signings on the last day of the month!
    Thanks for the updates, I'd guess it's just finishing it all off, paperwork and all that.
  • Options
    I've lost track. Can someone tell me if there is a fee involved or is he out of contract at the end of this month ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'very happy by the end of the month' could be alluding to other signings we may be making. I'm sure CP would tell Hayes whom he was hoping to get in to encourage him to sign. If Hayes has agreed to sign there is no need for the delay until the end of June in announcing it. 
  • Options
    theres a fee
  • Options
    Maybe Preston have just discovered he's got a 50% sell-on!
  • Options
    yes definitely a fee he's under contract until 2013
  • Options

There's all sorts of reasons why the deal might not be completed for a while yet - it doesn't mean that he doesn't want to sign for us.

Anyway, I hope that he does exactly that - and thanks Essex Al for the updates.

• Options
    May not be a fee. Jackson and Reid were both under contract but we didn't pay a fee IIRC.

That's if he comes at all.
  • Options

''I think you will be a very happy man by the end of the month - Trust me'' 

I "think" that is about what is going on behind the scenes and has been sold to Paul Hayes and not just that he is signing.
  • Options
    Looking good, now on Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6971621,00.html?

Charlton are set to finalise the signing of Preston striker Paul Hayes, skysports.com understands.The Addicks have been chasing the 27-year-old since earlier this year, but they failed to strike a deal.Now they have agreed terms with Preston and Hayes will pen a permanent deal at The Valley.The former Scunthorpe and Barnsley man had been linked with a move back to both his previous clubs, but he now looks set to head to the capital.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Surely we'd rather players assess their options, and make a decision to join us which they are 100% convinced that they are doing the right thing, rather than them just accepting the first offer that comes their way, even if it is ours. Some people are ridiculous, players are just the same as you and I after all, just good at football (mostly)

If he signs, which Scoham's link suggests he is, I'd rather he thinks this is the best move for him 
  • Options
    Glad it looks like he's signing but by God, how many false dawns have we had in the last 4/5 years!? here's hoping he's more of a Gary Nelson than a Marcus Bent!

Also - I wonder where it will leave Benno? Personally I like him, but I'm not sure he's a 'good off the bench' type of impact player. Maybe time to move on??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad it looks like he's signing but by God, how many false dawns have we had in the last 4/5 years!? here's hoping he's more of a Gary Nelson than a Marcus Bent!

Also - I wonder where it will leave Benno? Personally I like him, but I'm not sure he's a 'good off the bench' type of impact player. Maybe time to move on??
    He's perfectly fine to have as a plan B. He may not have the speed of BWP but he's got a knack for picking up good positions, and by all accounts Hayes seems to be at least as much about creating goals as scoring them. Benno won't be starting 11 but he'll have a place I'm sure.
  • Options

Im with Large, I see the text Essex Al got more as other players we are bringing in by the end of the month. I am really postive all things CAFC.

• Options
    Or the text could just mean he is signing at the end of the month...hopefully it means a little more than that though.

Glad it looks like going through, 2 promotions from league 1 and one promotion from league 2 so he knows this level. I'd keep Benson, scored some vital goals earlier in the season and the last few games of the season he was much improved, plus you need more than 2 strikers.
  • Options
    benson could get 20 goals with the service, i think we've gotta keep him on for this year after all even with hayes 3 strikers isn't enough.
  • Options

Today's update - latest text

''Hayes had more talks and a medical yesterday, he hasn't signed yet, but trust me he will be your number 9 next season''

2nd text

''he's well up for it and desperate to score the goals to get u promoted''

• Options
    If Racon leaves, surely he will want the No.8 shirt so he doesnt have to change his twitter ;)
  • Options
    From the Lancaster Evening post 

Meanwhile, Maurice Lindsay is expecting a deal to be concluded with Charlton Athletic for the services of striker Paul Hayes.Said Lindsay: “Paul Hayes might be going to Charlton – it’s not confirmed yet.“He’s been having talks with them and it’s highly likely that he will be going.“Paul’s a great lad but he’s not really played much under Phil and even Darren Ferguson didn’t play him, and he bought him from Scunthorpe.“It’s not quite worked out for him at Preston and it’s probably better for him that he moves back down to where he originally comes from.”
  • Options
    From the Lancaster Evening post 

Meanwhile, Maurice Lindsay is expecting a deal to be concluded with Charlton Athletic for the services of striker Paul Hayes.
    Said Lindsay: “Paul Hayes might be going to Charlton – it’s not confirmed yet.
    “He’s been having talks with them and it’s highly likely that he will be going.
    “Paul’s a great lad but he’s not really played much under Phil and even Darren Ferguson didn’t play him, and he bought him from Scunthorpe.
    “It’s not quite worked out for him at Preston and it’s probably better for him that he moves back down to where he originally comes from.”
    so THAT's where Maurice Lindsay went.He's had more clubs than Pussy Cat Woods and Peter Risdale
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aren't Sky reporting that we've agreed terms with him? EDIT: Just saw the earlier link.
  • Options
    Very promising - would be even better if Watford were seriously in for him and he decided on us. Also bids seemingly made for other players- looks like we are giving it a go for next season- maybe those who haven't bought their season tickets yet ought to start thinking about it.