Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Neil Etheridge signs as GK on emergency loan (2011)

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    Did you watch him anytime they put a cross in? He come out and flapped at a couple. On other occasions he started to come out, then stopped. He was all at sea everytime the ball come into the box.

I don't recall any flapping. He either caught it or didn't come at all. We've clearly remembered it differently!

He was caught in no-mans land a few times, where he started to come and realised he wasnt going to make it and thus leaving the goal horribly exposed.
  • Elliot has it in him to be a top class keeper - I think he is carrying a tad too much weight and needs to lose a few pounds and sharpen up slightly. If he does this, we won't be able to get any better.
  • We really dont have any luck loaning from Fulham do we!

Lee Cook
    Hameur Bouazza (was okay but recalled halfway through season)
    Neil Etheridge

Jim Stannard too (unforgettable- single appearance in goal in 1-4 defeat at home to cardiff, who were bottom)
  • How could i forget big jim!
  • Looks like there was no injury crisis at Fulham; Mark Hughes blasts Charlton Athletic's treatment of Fulham keeper

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/03/21/mark-hughes-blasts-charlton-athletic-s-treatment-of-fulham-keeper-82029-28376745/#ixzz1HGN7uUwe
  • Excellent news
  • Can he play up front ?
  • Elliot has it in him to be a top class keeper - I think he is carrying a tad too much weight and needs to lose a few pounds and sharpen up slightly. If he does this, we won't be able to get any better.

Foresight
  • Am I missing something?
  • Jesus Christ, this thread has forced me to remember Ross Worner and the fact there was a time when we were signing players from Woking. It hurts.
  • Sponsored links:

• We now have two separate threads on a substitute loan goalkeeper.
  • reading Ben Roberts' programme interview a few weeks back , he keeps a list of players who he thinks/knows would do the job and make the step up - Henderson was on it and that lead to us signing him in the summer..
    I would guess that Etheridge is on that list after spending time here before so I believe Roberts continues to think that Neil can do the job in any capacity.
  • sammy391 said:

reading Ben Roberts' programme interview a few weeks back , he keeps a list of players who he thinks/knows would do the job and make the step up - Henderson was on it and that lead to us signing him in the summer..
    I would guess that Etheridge is on that list after spending time here before so I believe Roberts continues to think that Neil can do the job in any capacity.

Henderson was also Roberts first choice when we signed Hamer. Reading an interview with Henderson the other week it sounds like he is still fairly susceptible to injuries having spent so long not playing.
  • Great performance today, got to be looking at getting him permanently if we can seeing as his contract with Oldham expires on the 30th.