Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Neil Etheridge signs as GK on emergency loan (2011)

Comments

• You don't want to start with one fit keeper, and have the possibility of an outfield player having to play in goal. He'll only be here a week or two.
  • From what I've read Worner is also carrying a bit of an injury.
  • [cite]Posted By: spiritof1947[/cite]You people all have poo for branes. Please start suporting Milwall instead. Thank u

'branes" - how ironic....! Brought a smile on this shit night! Thank you moron.
  • Been recalled by Fulham ... we need an experienced, commanding, over 6 ft goalkeeper,
  • Cheers for everything Neil
  • We really dont have any luck loaning from Fulham do we!

Lee Cook
    Hameur Bouazza (was okay but recalled halfway through season)
    Neil Etheridge
  • I hope you enjoyed your time with us Neil, all the best.
  • Well it was only ever a stop gap.

But he didn't even last a week! Shortest Charlton signing ever?
  • Obviously didn't fancy being cannon fodder.
  • Next season an experienced keeper is needed in my view. Elliot is a good shot stopper and commands his area reasonably well. I would be happy to have him as number 1 next season, but if he gets injured again I would be worried about worner as a back up. He has looked very out of his depth if you ask me. He has made a couple of good saves and hasnt cost us a goal...but everytime a cross comes in, he looks awful. Dosnt know whether to stay on his line or come and collect and gets trapped in the middle. His distribution is quite poor too
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Fulham have an injury crisis of their own, or were they piqued he didn't start on Saturday?
  • I'm glad he's gone, since he came to us all we've done is lose!
  • [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]I wonder if Fulham have an injury crisis of their own, or were they piqued he didn't start on Saturday?

OS says injuries

The shot-stopper was initially due to stay in SE7 until April 5th, but has now headed back to Craven Cottage due to injuries in the Fulham squad.
  • I am a little bit confused about those saying Worner is out of his depth. He didn't drop a single cross on Saturday, though I do admit he perhaps could've done a little better with the goal.

And those moaning at his distribution - some of the throw/roll outs people were clamouring for would've been suicidal.

We can hopefully do a bit better than both he and Elliott, but I don't think Worner has done much wrong.
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I am a little bit confused about those saying Worner is out of his depth. He didn't drop a single cross on Saturday, though I do admit he perhaps could've done a little better with the goal.

And those moaning at his distribution - some of the throw/roll outs people were clamouring for would've been suicidal.

We can hopefully do a bit better than both he and Elliott, but I don't think Worner has done much wrong.

He got lucky with the shot in the first half, and is too short
  • Iker Casillas is 5'11, is he too short?
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Iker Casillas is 5'11, is he too short?

No just a bit better
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Iker Casillas is 5'11, is he too short?

no he supports charlton
  • No such thing as too short imo, he's a better stopper than Elliot, and his distribution is better too, (Elliot's is abysmal) I thought he was a better keeper in the stint he had early on in the season, nothing I have seen since has changed my view on that
  • Should have signed Richard Lee in the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have kept Darren Randolph in the summer
  • Blimey wonder if CP is thinking that the footballing gods are now conspiring against him....Robbie gets injured, Worner is inexperienced, he brings in a loan keeper as cover who has now gone back after 7 days due to injuries in his parents club squad, Jenkinson who had been doing well now joins Daily, Bessone, Jackson, Doherty and Anyinsah to name a few on the treatment table, Benno gets sent off and is on 4 match suspension and Abbott leaves, all in the space of a few weeks.....now thats what I call bad luck!!
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Should have signed Richard Lee in the summer

Doubt we could have afforded his wages bearing in mind we could not guarantee first team football. He would have signed as direct competition for Robbie with the likelihood they would battle for the Number 1 spot. Not sure we could have afforded someone like Lee's wages if he was to sit on the bench.

Have read that Brentford increased their budget last season, possibly another reason why Scott was sacked as they expected a lot more (rightly or wrongly),I would guess bringing in someone like Lee who has probably been on decent Championship wages would have been one of the areas where the extra funds went. I mean on his wages- he signed on a free.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I'm glad he's gone, since he came to us all we've done is lose!

Unfair. Didnt put a foot wrong in my opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I am a little bit confused about those saying Worner is out of his depth. He didn't drop a single cross on Saturday, though I do admit he perhaps could've done a little better with the goal.

Did you watch him anytime they put a cross in? He come out and flapped at a couple. On other occasions he started to come out, then stopped. He was all at sea everytime the ball come into the box.

Elliot is the better shot stopper in my opinion. He often makes excellent saves and has won us numerous points this season.

Worners distribution is better in general, but still not that great
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Should have kept Darren Randolph in the summer
  • Is Ben Roberts so injured that he cant sit on the bench until Eliott is fit again?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Is Ben Roberts so injured that he cant sit on the bench until Eliott is fit again?

Roberts has retired and taken his payout as a player
  • would be weird to see Ben Roberts make an appearance for us, 8 years after he played his one and only game for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    Did you watch him anytime they put a cross in? He come out and flapped at a couple. On other occasions he started to come out, then stopped. He was all at sea everytime the ball come into the box.

I don't recall any flapping. He either caught it or didn't come at all. We've clearly remembered it differently!