Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Five things you like that are Welsh or about the Welsh

Comments

• I like Chepstow. I'll be going there for my annual pilgrimage 2 weeks today!
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Greenie[/cite]Howard Marks seems like a Nice chap

Very! For anyone who's seen his new film Mr. Nice and likes it, he's doing a talk on 12th March 2011, Proud @ Matter (O2 dome) the website says it's free but as it was £12 a ticket for some grotty little pub in Hull, I doubt it.
  • Katherine Jenkins
    Duffy
    Welsh one on Take Me Out- Lucy
    Catherine Zeta Jones
    Joanna Page
  • 1)Every welsh bird ive met on holiday is game. and i mean really game.
  • The road out.

there must be five of them at least?
  • Joanna Page
    Stereophonics
    My wife!
  • Their flag's really cool
    Charlotte Church (until she opens her trap)
    Adam Jones' hair'style'
    The fact that they're shit at rugby, but keep going on about the seventies lot
    Twin Town
  • My Mum
    My Nan's Welsh cakes
    Lava bread
    The Rhonda Valley
    The men's choirs
    Cawl
    Myfanwy
    The language
    Nearly everything really
  • If the place wasn't stuck on the side of England - nobody would bother going there.

Gavin & Stacey is the only good thing connected with the place.
  • A walk across the railway/footbridge over the estuary at Barmouth on a warm summers evening followed by fish & chips out of the wrapper sitting by the sea front (one of my top 5 favourite ways to spend an evening)
    Pembrokeshire, particularly the coastline around Marloes
    The Castles of Edward I
    The Accent, particularly when speaking Welsh
    Rhod Gilbert
  • Sponsored links:

• Big breasted, sultry & pretty Welsh Women

great Singing

Cardiff Castle

Snowdonia

the Road back to England
  • 1. Their Narrow guage railways
    2. Llangorse and the Black Mountain (you made me a man you dragon you)
    3. Pembroke coastline
    4. Female Welsh accents
    5. The demise of Welsh rugby
  • edited March 2011
    the border that divides us is cool

the welsh nurse who used to put it out in the old army hospital after a good sesion in the crown and anchor in woolwich, good girl great rack game as fook
  • 1. Katherine Jenkins (the things i'd do to that woman)
    2.Their crazy welsh language and spelling.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]A walk across the railway/footbridge over the estuary at Barmouth on a warm summers evening followed by fish & chips out of the wrapper sitting by the sea front

Even on a warm summer's evening, it will be raining. Every one else is thinking about Charlotte Church.

;o)
  • I love,
    The fact that the Welsh think Wales is a country....
    and when you point out that it aint, it's a principality, they get all annoyed....
  • Stacey's tits.
  • I'm surprised that Ryan Giggs did not rate a mention. The consumate, professional football player and probably
    a nice guy to boot. Broke Sir Bobby Charlton's record against Chelsea today. Wish we had a few Ryan Giggs's
    at Charlton!
  • The prisoner village
    Welsh lamb slowly cooked wrapped in hay
    Gorky's Zygotic Mynci
    Spillers record shop
    Ryan giggs
  • edited March 2011
    charlotte-church1.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• .Nothing
  • 1. the accent on some women, and those women - although sometimes south wales accents can be awful
    2. welsh cakes
    3. the scenery - spent nearly every summer of my younger years on a beautiful mountain in west wales
    4. welsh (macho) male camradery
    5. They have lots of valleys, and that's our home too
  • I haven't much experience of Wales so can't do an informed list but can tell a little story.

Back in the early '80s I in South London with a chap from Llandudno named David Jones but known by his middle name of Sid, as they have so many David Joneses it lessens the confusion if they use their middle names (that's a FACT).In his twenties, he was quiet to the point of dourness, not rude but conversations were short and he was difficult to get to know. One day I sat on a chair near his desk to discuss some item of work when suddenly the seat busted and my arse went down through the resulting space and I was trapped with my arms and legs waving about, unable to get out. Jones's reaction to this scene ten feet away from him was to sit and stare at me. I said, exasperated, 'For f***s sake laugh you miserable Taffy' and to my surprise he did! After that we became good friends and though he moved on a year or so later we keep in touch and he's been a good mate. He had a natural reserve that many Welsh people have I think and it takes time, and perhaps something bloody stupid, to break through it.
  • 1. Pennant valley, Powys
    2. The cycle path from Dolgellau to Barmouth
    3. Camping at Mwnt, or Pystell Rhayader
    4. The Offa's Dyke Path
    5 The Green Man Festival
  • Went to Lllandidni, said to this bloke "its great to be here in Lan did ni".

He said back aggressively "it's not lan did ni, its clan did ni, in wales we say a c when it spelt double l"

I said "ok, no need to be a llunt about it"

(Jimmy Carr)
  • (i) Super Furry Animals - one of the greatest bands ever FACT
    (ii) Gorkys Zygotic Mynci
    (iii) Nerys Hughes
    (iv) Catherine Zeta-Jones
    (v) Charlotte Church -
  • edited April 2011
    Euros Child

actually my mum was born in Wales on an RAF base during the war, not sure she considered herself Welsh in any way though as her family for generations before that were South & East London through & through............
  • edited April 2011
    1) Welsh rarebit
    2) Goldie Lookin' Chain
    3) Charlotte Church
    4) Sean Smith
    5) High Contrast
  • 1) My Grandad
    2) John Robinson
    3) Kilgetty in Pembrokeshire
    4) Katherine Jenkins
    5 Swansea City