Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas of where to take the girlfriend at the end of May for a week (abroad)

Ideas please, its for her birthday so got to make the effort!

Comments

• Options
    Paris? Madrid? Barcelona? Isle of White? A cruise around the med? Rome? Venice?
  • Options
    Rome is very nice, loads to see, and fantastic food
  • Options
    New York or Amsterdam.
  • Options
    Rome
  • Options
    It depends on how old she is and what kind of things she is in to, if it's just the 2 of you or there are kids involved etc.
  • Options
    Went to Skiathos at that time of year in 2008. Climate's good in the Greek islands at that time of year - not offensively hot. Went to Santorini for my bird's birthday in June last year, best Greek island I've been to and my missus loved it.

If you want to escape the Eurozone, Turkey and Morocco are prob best bet although didn't find Turkey particularly cheap. Not sure how hot Morocco is at that time of year either, gets up to 50 degrees at certain times of the year!
  • Options
    Shes 25, no kids! Cheers so far people. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Maldives
  • Options
    If you want to be completely selfless, women love to be pampered so you could try a luxury hotel that throws in all the pampering and spa treatments. My Brother in-law took his girlfriend to Alba Royal Hotel in Turkey after she had a miscarriage, it was just what she needed, she got spoilt and pampered and there was loads to do as well he said it was the best holiday he ever had.
  • Options
    Albufeira! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maldives is beautiful but I'd recommend a fortnight to unwind suitably

May is actually a great time to go to Rome (unless she has really bad hay fever)
    Spanish Steps are fully in bloom and look stunning in May

I went in 2003 and it was there that I proposed to my wife in the Sistene Chapel.

Wonderful place and plenty to do and see. Won't break the bank either
  • Options
    Thanks sadiejane i will have a look into that.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks everyone else. Looking into everything now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robert[/cite]Paris? Madrid? Barcelona? Isle of White? A cruise around the med? Rome? Venice?

The Isle of White? Is that some sort of BNP friendly holiday island?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robert[/cite]Paris? Madrid? Barcelona? Isle of White? A cruise around the med? Rome? Venice?

The Isle of White? Is that some sort of BNP friendly holiday island?
  • Options
    Las Vegas
  • Options
    Gotta say Rome for me, I went in March a few years back and it was good then, in May I guess t wouldbe great. Also went to Cyprus a couple of years ago for a weeks break in arly April, weather was great and it wasn't to expensive.
  • Options
    I also did a week in the Riviera Maya, Mexico, lovely place to go with your mrs and not that expensive but still have the white snad beaches and clear water sea.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Brugge is very very very nice and you can go on the Eurostar which may keep the cost down a bit (or not given how cheap flights can be these days). Lots of history and strong Belgian beer + English is impecably and almost universally spoken too.
  • Options
    a week is a bit long in a city. you'd be better off heading to ibiza and enjoy the island without the crowds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In May the average temp. on Lake Garda is 22C and it is beautiful at that time of year. Near to Verona (see the house where Juliet of Romeo & J. fame is reputed to have lived) and close to Bergamo and Venice.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of Montenegro for me and the wife this year for our wedding anniversary - apparently beautiful!
  • Options
    I agree with Threadkiller , you dont really want to do a week in a city , its too long unless you go somewhere like Miami .

Dubai should do it
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not Venice- overrated. City of Love smells like Poo- the drainage system is awful and the canals are dirty! Expensive and too busy.

Rome, however- far nice Italian City.

Or one of the Canary Islands, guaranteed good weather that time of year. Won't be full of teenagers, good beaches and flights are not overly expensive.
  • Options
    I went to Croatia this year with gf. Was amazing. Ryanair it or EasyJet, then go onto the islands hvar town, brac islands.
  • Options
    Krakow is a good punt. Havent been for 10 years but my mate went in the summer whilst he was travelling round Europe and he was raving about it and said a great place to take the missus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Brugge is very very very nice and you can go on the Eurostar which may keep the cost down a bit (or not given how cheap flights can be these days). Lots of history and strong Belgian beer + English is impecably and almost universally spoken too.

Brusells as well is good for this.

Dublin?

Any Greek island is a winner!
  • Options
    Sardinia, Sicily or Umbria in Italy
  • Options
    You could do a relaxing slow paced 5 days in Rome easily. A fantastic city, loads to see, great food, lovely drinks, a great place to wander about etc.

I would not in a million years take her to Dubai. Just not that good if you compare it to other places mentioned on here; Miami, Maldives etc.
  • Options
    The Azores are wonderful to get away, quite expensive though.

If you're not bothered about going to a beach for a week, but wouldn't mind having one nearby, the Adriatic Sea is the place to be, particularly Croatia