Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Completely disillusioned

1235»

Comments

• Options
    A lot of the stick seems to center around Slater saying he would give Parky time and then sacking him the first opportunity he got.

Sersiously people, think it through. Even if (and that's a big if) Slater and Co had already decided to sack Parky how did you expect it to pan out?

"I am please to announce we have taken over the club and our first point of business is to sack the manager." how weel would that have gone down. Not to mention the fact that most of their dealing up to then had been about finance and the state of the club as a company. They needed a least a day to find their desks and talk to Parky before making the call.

If their first action had been to sack Parky then the board woul be ful of peopel complaining that they didn't think at all before they acted.

You can't please a lot of the people any of the time.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Not sure why this has been 'bumped' because I don't think we can afford to be ''totally disillusioned'' , then or now.

We have a poor team built by Parkinson after the previous owner of the club ran out of money and cut off funds.

We're still a poor team, despite the arrival of a proven goalscorer in BWP.

The one thing that has changed is that we have new owners, a new manager and a bit of money to to asemble a decent squad in the summer to replace the current hapless bunch . And there are actually a few are worth keeping - Wagstaff, BWP, Jackson, Jenkinson, Solly, Llera and Anyinsah, if he can stay fit...

So no, we should fight this defeatist, wallow-in-our-misery disillusionment. We should simply be realistic about the way the world is - and football in particular. And look forward to better times and promotion in 2011-12.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite] For the first time in 3/4 seasons, I feel hopeful that we are not in an inescapable downwards slide and the rot has finally been stopped...
    Still..?