Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wise, Jimenez and Verney to complete Taleover today 30.12.2010

Comments

• Options
    A lot of people claim to know a lot of "inside information".

And most of it completely contradicts each other.

Why bother? Those who really do know are unlikely to risk their positions by writing it on here.
  • Options
    Fretting about who it may or may not be wont change a thing people....so just chill out. Rant and rave or bubble over with excitment after its all done and dusted...some of you will do your health no good whatsoever.......NLA....chill mate ;-) (are you going Saturday?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]It's quite nerve racking tbh shg don't you think

Yes mate I do , just wish it would be resolved quickly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]It's quite nerve racking tbh shg don't you think

If you are not a real football fan you could not begin to understand how something like this is so important. It's practically all I can think about at the moment.
  • Options
    This isnt true...come on!
  • Options
    nobody can understand the minset of a football fan, other than a football fan. I check teletext and websites for news about Charlton about 40 times a day at times like this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]nobody can understand the minset of a football fan, other than a football fan. I check teletext and websites for news about Charlton about 40 times a day at times like this

You need help: http://www.ocdaction.org.uk/
  • Options
    Chamaeleons on a tartan rug type stress going on here for both of us as well. Shurley this can't go on into the NY........................ can it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]nobody can understand the minset of a football fan, other than a football fan.I check teletext and websites for news about Charlton about 40 times a day at times like this

You need help:http://www.ocdaction.org.uk/

yep but for far more than just my strange Charlton affliction
  • Options
    Whoever takes over, i have no idea whether they will be good, bad or whatever - i trust Murray and Varney and lets face it, whether its wise, fernandez, qataary sheik, zabeel, sainsbury or the last lottery winner, they all need us to be successful for whatever reason they are getting involved. Thats good enough for me so relax - the only bad outcome from this point in in my opinion is if it doesn't happen. I'd be very surprised if any on here who say it will be a disaster if so and so take over actually have any real facts to base their opinions on. If its wise, so be it - he brought some success to Millwall and we are a better long term proposition than them so bring it on i say. If it'sa mega money sheik, all the better - if you can't beat em join em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Whoever takes over, i have no idea whether they will be good, bad or whatever - i trust Murray and Varney and lets face it, whether its wise, fernandez, qataary sheik, zabeel, sainsbury or the last lottery winner, they all need us to be successful for whatever reason they are getting involved. Thats good enough for me so relax - the only bad outcome from this point in in my opinion is if it doesn't happen. I'd be very surprised if any on here who say it will be a disaster if so and so take over actually have any real facts to base their opinions on. If its wise, so be it - he brought some success to Millwall and we are a better long term proposition than them so bring it on i say. If it'sa mega money sheik, all the better - if you can't beat em join em.

Great post mate. As you say, anybody is better then nobody.
  • Options
    Im not sure if this is on other threads, I really cannot be arsed to trawl through all the takeover threads but what Steve Brown was saying after the Brighton Match was interesting. He did seem fairly assured that it was a small group of investors with some but not a lot of money and that they did have the long term stability at the core of their aims. He suggested that they might well go for a clean sweep with management staff in order to set up a team that would be comfortable in the championship when promotion eventually comes.
  • Options
    I'm not sure why Steve Brown would know anymore than any of us to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Im not sure if this is on other threads, I really cannot be arsed to trawl through all the takeover threads but what Steve Brown was saying after the Brighton Match was interesting. He did seem fairly assured that it was a small group of investors with some but not a lot of money and that they did have the long term stability at the core of their aims. He suggested that they might well go for a clean sweep with management staff in order to set up a team that would be comfortable in the championship when promotion eventually comes.

Given that this appears to have been kept totally under wraps I don't accept that Steve Brown knows anymore than people posting random "make-believe" posts on here.

Anyway, why would he care? He is all about Brighton now.
  • Options
    Nobody knows sweet fa about anything! People just want credit for guessing correctly.
  • Options
    and this is from the man who was saying that 6' 4" Paul Benson should win more headers
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm not sure why Steve Brown would know anymore than any of us to be honest.

Steve Brown said some very, very peculiar things last night and seemed most excitable.

I don't know what he was on, but he didn't sound like the old calm and measured SB we used to know and respect at all!

Perhaps Dennis Wise has offered him a job on the new coaching staff and told him there will be money for a striker because he slagged off Parky's tactics and Benson's general uselessness all night long!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Im not sure if this is on other threads, I really cannot be arsed to trawl through all the takeover threads but what Steve Brown was saying after the Brighton Match was interesting. He did seem fairly assured that it was a small group of investors with some but not a lot of money and that they did have the long term stability at the core of their aims. He suggested that they might well go for a clean sweep with management staff in order to set up a team that would be comfortable in the championship when promotion eventually comes.[/quote]
    He apparently still has close contacts at Charlton so they must've told him....."Right Steve,we'll tell you who it is,just dont go on Radio London and tell everyone,ok?", Steve replies"Ok,i promise,i wont say a word.............". I have to agree with above comments,i dont think he knows anymore than the rest of us!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm not sure why Steve Brown would know anymore than any of us to be honest.

Steve Brown said some very, very peculiar things last night and seemed most excitable.

I don't know what he was on, but he didn't sound like the old calm and measured SB we used to know and respect at all!

Perhaps Dennis Wise has offered him a job on the coaching staff and told him there will be money for a new striker because he slagged off Parky's tactics and Benson's general uselessneess all night long![/quote

yes agreed it was all a bit strange. It certainly didnt feel like a charlton commentary on player last night, still it could of been a lot worse....poor old chelsea fans
  • Options
    Mis-leading thread title
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]known wise was involved for a while
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Know someone who's got a lot of contacts in football, he's told me... don't think he's ever given me naff info. Told me Wise was on the way to The Valley, and when I asked the daughter of someone who works pretty high up at the club she hadn't heard anything about Wise but her dad had told her there was a video link with the investors scheduled for that night. All ties in....

So, all guess work then ?
    Knowing is a country mile away from being told by someone (even if they do have a lot of contacts in football) and then not told, by the daughter of someone who works pretty high up at the club.
  • Options
    Apparently even recent but former directors who do know something aren't even telling their family so I doubt Stevie brown knows anything.
  • Options
    tel i have promised the missus that if i went to charlton boxing day i'd take her and the kids to the newyears day parade up town.

foooking durso bstd

when you back in oz
    are you going swindon
  • Options
    Being tired of constant speculation, the only thing I'm interested in is how many takeover threads has there been on CL?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]tel i have promised the missus that if i went to charlton boxing day i'd take her and the kids to the newyears day parade up town.

foooking durso bstd

when you back in oz
    are you going swindon

When whispers go wrong....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]tel i have promised the missus that if i went to charlton boxing day i'd take her and the kids to the newyears day parade up town.

foooking durso bstd

when you back in oz
    are you going swindon

When whispers go wrong....

nope tel asked me on the other page if i was going

no secrets here move along now
  • Options
    I hope this take over happens soon just so pathetic threads like this stop. What a pile of bollox
  • Options
    Could someone text me when something happens, sick of looking on internet and really should do some work
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]tel i have promised the missus that if i went to charlton boxing day i'd take her and the kids to the newyears day parade up town.

foooking durso bstd

when you back in oz
    are you going swindon

Yep Im going to the Swindon game mate.....I try not to miss any home games as I never know what part of the world Im going to be in from one year to the next....We are back in Oz for 4-5 weeks early Feb....might be going back there to live again later in the year depending on what work the Mrs can get. Somethings got to change soon though, I miss going to work, being at home is driving me slowly bonkers.
  • Options
    Being on here with that wind-up Wss don't help