Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1800 nigels

Comments

• Options
    would be tempted to go if

A ; the youth team were playing
    or
    B ; freedman was manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]
    We are in the worst 10-15% in the entire league.
    That's not true in league one, would be in the championship though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]He still doesn't seem to recognise the irony in calling our lack of away support pathetic and not even bothering to go himself, though. Laughable.

but i do go away when family and work commitments allow and went everywhere when i was younger for 10 seasons not missing many games..... 70 odd grounds isn't too bad , so where is the irony on me commenting on our away support ............................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]He still doesn't seem to recognise the irony in calling our lack of away support pathetic and not even bothering to go himself, though. Laughable.

but i do go away when family and work commitments allow and went everywhere when i was younger for 10 seasons not missing many games..... 70 odd grounds isn't too bad , so where is the irony on me commenting on our away support ............................

Very true, but you dont half bang on about it......to the point when you make a valid point you still attract ridicule

:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have been on the away game scene on and off for 30 years ( God that makes me feel old ). Reasons for going now are big games , local derbies or new grounds . Family dictates I can't go every week . Tonight I would have gone to Falmer ( new ground ) or perversely if I thought we were not going to sell out .The fact we sold our allocation means I will probably go to Colchester , Sheffield or Southampton even though I have done all of those grounds . The team will need good support at all of these venues.Last year I missed Gillingham for a similar reason .

The problem with Millwall is that it is different to the average away game. I hate visiting there as an away fan and go out of a sense of duty. I remember us having 10 k at Old Trafford on the Saturday and four days later only 2k at the New Den in the 90's.

I was ( pleasently ) surprised at our role call at the New Den last year , but suspect once the novelty of playing there again wears off 1800 would be what we would take .

I know dozens of our fans who supported us because they do not like the atmosphere at Millwall I suspect given the geographical proximity I suspect many Palace fans would feel the same.

The figures in 08/09 were distorted because our away end holds more than Palace's and clearly many Addickted fell away due to our absymal form . I suspect the reality is that they are similar to us in having a die hard core base who pick and choose.
  • Options
    Didn't we only take just over 1,000 to Palace in the prem..?
  • Options
    Yep 1400 one year.

Dont tell Nolly :)
  • Options
    I don't normally get involved in attendance debates as it's all a bit futile but for Palace I'll make an exception.

They genuinely believe they are some kind of South London sleeping giant when the fact is they just about selling out the top tier at the New Den and haven't got anywhere near asking for the lower tier, this despite banging on and on about how Millwall is their 'proper' rivalry.

What's more embarassing is that they are already talking about having 'sold out' as if there was never any opportunity to get the additional tickets in the lower tier, they really are the most delusional bunch of fuckwits in football.
  • Options
    read above in a nutshell
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Yep 1400 one year.

Live on the telly innit.

£25 to Tango man or watch Denis's last minute goal again and again from every angle sitting in your chair with a cold beer in your hand.

I'm glad I went :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Yep 1400 one year.

Live on the telly innit.

£25 to Tango man or watch Denis's last minute goal again and again from every angle sitting in your chair with a cold beer in your hand.

I'm glad I went :-)
    Wasn't it £35?
  • Options
    yes it was £35 , i'm still getting over the shock!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    35 quid and 3.50 for a bottle of warm pish beer in the halfawake, pissing through the fence up their legs and then dennis in the last minute was so worth every penny, bang up on the platform on the way home proper good away day

this was the one where we all turned up late and the lonely cozzer at norwood junction shouting down his radio we got it wrong we got it wrong 200 just turned up on the platform, straight into the boozer oposite the cherry trees and the place emptying on the first VFR.

great night great goal wonderful times
  • Options
    2,129 nigels at the scum
  • Options
    ha ha not even selling the 2220 top tier love it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]ha ha not even selling the 2220 top tier love it

Tbf... it took long enough, but palace did sell out. They were only offered 1 tier as 1 was reserved for policing
  • Options
    nope they sold out to late to be offered bottom tier,and were a few short of selling top tier anyway
  • Options
    How many on this thread actually went to the toolbox last year?
  • Options
    How many times have we had the bottom tier there ??
  • Options
    edited January 2011
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]How many on this thread actually went to the toolbox last year?

officially the worst day of my life
  • Options
    It was certainly an experience! Highlight of the day = police hat volleyball!
  • Options
    Although highly disappointing at the toolbox last year I must admit I'm looking forward to our return next season. Not sure we will sell out but to put in some words coined by the scum....We dont care!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nope they sold out to late to be offered bottom tier,and were a few short of selling top tier anyway

It was sold out, but by the end we all wished we hadn't gone.

As for the bottom tier not selling, unfortunately too many fans still believe that Millwall is still an intimidating place, however with cowards walk now in place, you thankfully don't even have to come face to face with them any more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nope they sold out to late to be offered bottom tier,and were a few short of selling top tier anyway

As for the bottom tier not selling, unfortunately too many fans still believe that Millwall is still an intimidating place, however with cowards walk now in place, you thankfully don't even have to come face to face with them any more.

What time did they let you out?
  • Options

Nah, they weren't offered it and were never going to be mate... my uncle is stadium manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]

This morning or after the game?!
  • Options

There were so few palace left by the final whistle that the police just let them stroll out. They were leaving in their hundreds from the 2nd goal onwards.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]

Nah, they weren't offered it and were never going to be mate... my uncle is stadium manager

Why have yourselves, AFC Wimbledon, west ham, etc all been given sections of the lower tier before then?

As far as many are aware, because palace took so long to sell the upper tier, (remember, you were allocated the same last year), it was not financially viable to offer them the lower tier due to the lack of fans they would bring compared to the steward/policing costs.

You lot sold out the upper tier very quickly and were in a position to ask for and sell the additional tickets long before the match. Our friends from Croydon, despite their tickets being on GENERAL sale, only managed to sell out the 2200 1 or 2 days before the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

There were so few palace left by the final whistle that the police just let them stroll out. They were leaving in their hundreds from the 2nd goal onwards.

Brilliant.

So were we mate but we still didn't see London Bridge until about ten to six!