Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England 2018 Presentation

Comments

• Options
    i love david beckham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I love the audacity of Qatar's bid. Using a mercanary (Zidane) who has really no connection to your country other than you could pay his price. They should get the World Cup just for that.

You're saying that Algeria isn't in the Middle East? That was the impression I got from the ads.

In fairness there are probably alot of Algerians who would more easily identify with the middle east as fellow Arabs (as opposed to sub-sharan Africa). It's not even cheating and I'm not bothered by it, but surely everyone on the voting panel would wonder why the hell a French-Algerian is here promoting a Qatari bid ?
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]I was in Qatar last week and they have a very innovative approach in their bid ... stadiums will be 're-usable' ... many will not be neded in qatar after world cup so idea is that they can be easily transported and re-built for future world cups

That's class.
  • Options
    arshavin emotional and almost in tears ... oh dear, they are playing all the cards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Beckhams bid.

cor dear i coudl do something productive with him... if he keeps his mouth shut.

(only joking dear).

Beckham

Hands off B when it comes out that Becks ia an Iron i will come out of the closet also ;-)

" When whispers go wrong 2million and 2"
  • Options
    you not working today NLA
  • Options
    The wheels of enterprise are turning in Enfield mate 0300 i was in, the lazy fecka who lives in Kent giving it the " I am Snowed in bollox" so i will still be here until 1800 again

you lot over there are milking it its a bit of snoww FFS leave earlier and get to work
  • Options
    Im at work like I have been all year i work saturdays and have only had 5 days off this year you fat fecker
  • Options
    man with england scarf in russia bid film lol ... stereotypical wearing bowler hat as well
  • Options
    blatter: russia presentation was very interesting
  • Options
    Whats the odds, bookies rarely get it wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England 10/11
    Russia 9/4
    Spain 4/1
    Belgium 40/1

Never back the favourite in a four horse race.
  • Options
    England and Qatar now odds-on favourites.

Bear in mind that bookies' odds are a reflection of what people are betting on, not the true probablities, and the odds for England will all be biased downwards because the bookies I checked are British.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You must be the only one,

Radio London is full of you whinging Kent chavs work shy thats what me nan wouldve called you all

Little bit of snow

whinge whinge moan moan we have a resesion to work our way out of you know get a grip get to work sleep when your dead.

Look at Tav walked 10 miles to get to work thats proper order

laz\y kent bstds

Back to Beckham

bit of snow never stopped him getting there did it

cracking looking lad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Whats the odds, bookies rarely get it wrong

England
    4/5
    Russia
    15/8
    Spain & Portugal
    4/1
    Belgium & Holland
    40/1

courtesy of Paddy Power
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]England and Qatar now odds-on favourites.

Bear in mind that bookies' odds are a reflection of what people are betting on, not the true probablities, and the odds for England will all be biased downwards because the bookies I checked are British.[/quote]

They dont make spain 4/1 and belgium 40/1 just because they are british.
    Most of them now are worldwide cause of tinternermt.
  • Options
    Er hello tavern was taking the pee, i doubt that work shy sod has been out the door yet...

Anyway back to topic. come on England.
  • Options
    EXCO member overheard (allegedly) saying that England's presentation "has changed everything"
  • Options
    So with this voting...with the 22 votes, what if it ends a draw?
    Does it go to a penalty shoot-out?

If so, we might as well pack up and go home now...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]EXCO member overheard (allegedly) saying that England's presentation "has changed everything"

well it was an excellnt presentation
  • Options
    Blatter has the casting vote
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder what they're saying in Russia now. Would they be saying that Arshavin's excellent presentation has clinched it?

Hard to know what the FIFA men actually think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Blatter has the casting vote

Oh. Perhaps we'd have more luck in a shoot-out then
  • Options
    We badly badly need to pick up H & B's votes when they go in the 1st round... if we do it's game on

Spain will probably be around 9/22 from the outset so it's going to be tough
  • Options
    Thought the partnering of countries with English footie clubs was a cracking idea. Any idea if Charlton would be involved, or is that dependant on league status?
  • Options
    Thought Eddie A. was really good,holding the whole thing together
  • Options
    Fifa men are probably thinking bigger bung if it goes to Russia, the land run by the Mafia allegedley...
  • Options
    BBC sports news correspondent James Pearce on Twitter: "A source at FIFA has just told me that the voting is still going on. The announcement is likely to be later than scheduled."

Watching Panorama on iplayer perhaps?

The BBC can f*** off. Win or lose this bid the BBC and Times among others should hang their heads in shame and take a step back.
  • Options
    Our presentation was very impressive. BUT if I hear that Elbow song one more time today, i'm going to go and bury myself in the snow....
  • Options
    wife has just called said my 9 year old has been glued to tele on this all day, god please let us get it, he will eat sleep and drink the lot of it.
  • Options
    FIFA = Forget It - Fixed Already