Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The week that was. 29th January 2000 Coventry 2 Charlton 3

124»

Comments

• We drove up to this one with daughter & soon to be son in law.

I'd been asked by the local rag to take a camera they loaned me & take some snaps of the away crowd during the match.

The main thing I remember was that Michael was in the Gents when we scored our first goal so when it got to 2-2, we persuaded him to go again....and it worked !!!

Fantastic atmosphere and a brilliant squad that season.
  • A few charlton fought amongst themselves at 2nil

Must've been it.
  • Wasn't there a punch up in the away end that day? I seem to remember a couple of Coventry fans celebrating when they scored and it didn't go down too well...

Yeh there was on the far left hand side of our support were our supporters were sat about 2 yards away from theirs, there was a lot of mouthing off to each other and then when they scored their fans went mad and it kicked off - I believe it ended with the Cov getting chucked out and all Charlton remained present and correct to enjoy the rest of a superb afternoon

• Went down to get a beer at 0.2 and missed 2 of our goals. We played very well in the 2nd half and deserved to win it with Andy Hunt's strike.