Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub Help Required

124»

Comments

• Options
    Chirpy Red, I lived in Mount Road until I left home, the Polly was not a pub for 18 year olds, well ok 17 year olds! Ray at the Robin was much more accomodating! He and Katrina are still there.....
  • Options
    I'm not 18 nor 17 and haven't been for almost 30 years.
  • Options
    Went to Polly Clean Stairs last night. It was great and the bitter was fantastic. Proper bubbly foamy heads. I had both the Youngs and Harveys, superb.
  • Options
    Just clocked this thread, for future reference you should check out the Blythe Hill Tavern. Meets all your criteria, and it does Harveys...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/29/2991/Blythe_Hill_Tavern/Forest_Hill
  • Options
    Went to Polly Clean Stairs last night. It was great and the bitter was fantastic. Proper bubbly foamy heads. I had both the Youngs and Harveys, superb.
    Was in Polly clean stairs a couple of weeks back. really impressed with what they've done to it and the harveys was top drawer. Great beer garden and a nice looking bird behind the jump to boot.
  • Options
    The Railway in bexley village isn't bad - nothing flash but does real ale and just a regular pub with no youngsters.
  • Options
    Try the Rose of Denmark, Woolwich Road, Charlton. Good real ale lots of charlton Pics on walls!
  • Options
    Try the Rose of Denmark, Woolwich Road, Charlton. Good real ale lots of charlton Pics on walls!

And the rudest & most unhelpful landlord I've ever been served by.
  • Options
    The Railway in bexley village isn't bad - nothing flash but does real ale and just a regular pub with no youngsters.
    I'd second that, nice boozer and always has a bit of live music on if that's your thing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't be bothered to check, but has anyone mentioned the Lord Clyde near Borough?

Reckon that's a shout for you Chirps.
    Lord Clyde is a top, top boozer Off_it. A proper pub no doubt. Not close enough to the Star of India in Eltham for this group though.

• Options
    Royal Oak (aka Polly Cleanstairs) 10 outa 10.
  • Options
    How is The Alma in Sidcup these days?
  • Options
    Anyone got an update on British Oak in Old Dover Road? Is the bitter any good?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Anyone got an update on British Oak in Old Dover Road? Is the bitter any good?

• Options
    Anyone been in the Ramblers lately? Under new management I understand, wondered if it had changed at all?
  • Options
    Bump

few of us drowned sorrows in the Sydney Arms last night, lovely old 'country pub' boozer, but £4.10 a pint of Fosters ? ouchy
  • Options
    Crickey makes the Beehives £3.85 for Fosters a bargain !