Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub Help Required

Comments

• Options
    The Pelton is very good mate.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The Pelton is a far better choice than the Cutty Sark - was refurbed about 3 years ago and is light years away from the dusty old place it used to be. Might even head that way tonight as it goes.
  • Options
    Make sure you are talking about the actaul Cutty Sark boozer, its not next to the Cutty Sark that boozer is (was called) the Gypsey Moth.
  • Options
    The Yacht was better years ago but has gone a bit foody.

Used to pub crawl the area including the Cutty Sark.

The Salvation Army used a slightly different route with their collecting boxes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I used to go in The Pelton 20 odd years ago when I worked in Trafalgar Road. Just read reviews on it, seems very good. Do you rate it Curb_it?

Yes i love the Pelton. Very nice atmosphere but i remember your stipulations - are you going in early doors as a DJ starts at 9pm. So if you are going straight from work then you could go there first and then if it gets too loud you can walk around the corner. They are literally a minute walk apart.
  • Options
    DJ!!!! DJ???? In a pub? What is it....Goochies?

What's he play? As long as it's nothing later than 1985 I won't mind. We won't get there till about 8.30.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]DJ!!!! DJ???? In a pub? What is it....Goochies?

What's he play? As long as it's nothing later than 1985 I won't mind. We won't get there till about 8.30.

Goochies, what a place that was!
  • Options
    being a uni student in greenwich, only places i can really give you advice on is desperado's, north pole/south pole and the wetherspoons!
  • Options
    What a fantastic pub The Pelton Arms is!!! Completely different from when I last went there 25 years ago.

Good decor, warm welcome, pleasent atmosphere and some interesting ales. Mr & Mrs Landlord were very friendly and interested to know how we'd heard about the place.
    They thought we were from CAMRA!
    They've ditched the DJ on a Friday night as apparently it wasn't popular. Live music on a Saturday still.
  • Options
    Did you tell them then they came highly recommended from Charlton Life?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did say Charlton supporters reccomended it but didn't want to come across as someone who goes on internet forums! They already thought I was from CAMRA, I would have gone of the Nerdometer!
  • Options
    will the pelton arms have the football on today soccer saturday/england game ?
  • Options
    I dont think they have Sky. I watched a world cup game there before so shoudl do if on terrestrial. But not if on Sky. Nearest to there would be Hardy's.
  • Options
    There's definitely no Sky in the Pelton.
  • Options
    Oh dunno where to go now maybe the antigalican.
  • Options
    Worth getting a crowd down to the Pelton on the 14th July for a Demelza Fund raiser.

http://www.thegreenwichphantom.co.uk/2011/05/les-grands-prix-pour-la-pochette-suprise/#comments
  • Options
    And 1905 has kindly let me donate his prize football for the raffle.
  • Options
    Looks fun. I'm at The Open that day, may get back for last orders and see if any Vicki Michelles are left......
  • Options
    Hopefully you will be well tanked up and out bid yourself if there's any auctions.

• Options
    Wouldn't be the first time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Royal Oak (the polly clean stairs) Mount Road Bexleyheath has not long re opened, ticks all your boxes.
  • Options
    I was there on Sunday for after Christening party. It's tiny but lovely. 
  • Options
    Bump if anyone has anything to donate to the rafffle for Demelza please let me know.  And hope a few can come along as its fairly local.

• Options
    That's fantastic news about "Polly clean the stairs". I used to love that pub. Spent many Friday nights there in the 80's after cricket matches. Used to do a lovely pint of Courage Best. Any idea what bitter they have Revellinit?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

@Curb_It.

I have some prints/photographs including the one from the previous raffle/auction which has not been collected, I cant even remember who won it???If I could work out how to put pictures on here I would take photos of them, but you are more than welcome to them.  
  • Options
    okay ill get back to you nearer the time to collect.

Ta
  • Options
    I'll donate the Gnome
  • Options
    er no thanks.  mog is coming to collect his ball soon.. ill give it to him.

• Options

I checked out the Royal Oak (Polly clean stairs) on Friday evening. It was great exactly as I remember it in the 80's. They had Youngs Ordinary, Harveys Best and Pride on pumps as well as the usual continental lagers. I didn't sample the beer as I'm off it his month but the bitter looked good in the glasses I saw. I enjoyed a coke with my son in the pleasent Beer Garden.

I'll be back for a proper drink next month.

How lucky are the locals there to have that pub and the Robin Hood on their doorstep?

• Options
    Can't be bothered to check, but has anyone mentioned the Lord Clyde near Borough?

Reckon that's a shout for you Chirps.