Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Songs You Wish We Wouldn't Sing?

Comments

• Options
    views on this sort of stuff differ entirely depending on who you go with.

If i sit with my mates, i don't even think about things.

If i sit with my wife, my little niece etc, then i will behave very different.

There is no right or wrong, there just has to be an acceptance that people will view things very differently depending on their situation.
  • Options
    I really don't like endless journey, just too clever and never a football song.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]This thread is ridiculous.

Shall we just sing 'red army' (followed by a clap clap) and be done with it?

One extreme to the other.

But actually yes I prefer no singing. To me singing songs it what choirs and boy scouts do. I am there to watch football. I shout encouragement at the players, I shout derogatory things at the ref and I jump up and down, cheer and whistle when we score.

But I don't sing. Like was said on the previous page, for what of a better word, its all a bit gay.
  • Options
    if you go with your dad, wife, kids or whatever and don't feel comfortable then go and sit in the west stand - there's always been different sections at football. If everybody acted PC and cool all game football would become a bore. Was hoping for a bit more hammer and tongs - i've got a big bucket of popcorn and feel a bit cheated.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]This thread is ridiculous.

Shall we just sing 'red army' (followed by a clap clap) and be done with it?

But actually yes I prefer no singing. To me singing songs it what choirs and boy scouts do. I am there to watch football. I shout encouragement at the players, I shout derogatory things at the ref and I jump up and down, cheer and whistle when we score.

But I don't sing. Like was said on the previous page, for what of a better word, its all a bit gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g

Im taking that post as a wind up but go and tell them that it's gay....Dare ya ;).
  • Options
    I can't help who I go with. The missus. The old man. O south London still gets sung. I even see woman singing the incest song and o south london.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]I can't help who I go with. The missus. The old man. O south London still gets sung. I even see woman singing the incest song and o south london.

thats cos your old man loves it more than you do mate! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sailor[/cite]I really don't like endless journey, just too clever and never a football song.

It wasnt written as a terrace song....but like yourself I hate it too, worst thing I ever done!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]This thread is ridiculous.

Shall we just sing 'red army' (followed by a clap clap) and be done with it?[/quote]

But I don't sing. Like was said on the previous page, for what of a better word, its all a bit gay.[/quote]

Do you whistle and jump up and down at the same time when we score? Bet that feels nice.
  • Options
    Can't believe somebody didn't like the goodbye horse song. I love it, purely because of how creative the lyrics are...!

It's so versatile for other occasions too - in the pub "say goodbye to your beer" - if somebody's shoe falls off "say goodbye to your shoe" - if somebody falls off a horse "say goodbye..." well you get the idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the drummer (he's come in for some criticism, so I thought I should defend him).

Also love it when the horn section turns up too, but they seem to be occasional visitors - have they not got season tickets?!

It all adds to the atmosphere.
  • Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/?CommentID=762459 (Any Songs You Wish We Wouldn't Sing? # 56)

???
  • Options
    If people want to use swear word in their songs then so be it, just dont sit where the majority of people are doing it.

As a few people have mentioned every song we have is sung as vast as people can which takes the atmosphere away. If I go to an way game and am in the pub(suprise suprise) you get songs like "we are Charlton" and "valley floyd road" sung much much slower which sounds better, and by the way we dont clap ourselves after singing it lol
  • Options
    Bournemouth Fans: Shall we sing a song for you, shall we sing a song for you, shall we sing a song for you...?

Charlton Fans: Der der der der, clap clap, der der der der, clap clap...
    Bournemouth Fans, pure befuddlement...

Pure spontaneous comedy and anyone that don't recognise the geniality of it all, don't know comedy...
  • Options
    @ se9addick

I'm not exactly saying they have to and it's just a personal view of mine but I'd feel uncomfortable singing the tits and fanny part in front of my dad, I know it might sound stupid to some but it's just the way I feel.

Although there are parts of South London I like and that are nice areas I think overall the majority of it is a shithole.

I have travelled a fair bit and yes this is a lot better than most other places and I wouldn't wanna leave London but that doesn't mean that I don't think theres a lot of parts that are shit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]If people want to use swear word in their songs then so be it, just dont sit where the majority of people are doing it.

As a few people have mentioned every song we have is sung as vast as people can which takes the atmosphere away. If I go to an way game and am in the pub(suprise suprise) you get songs like "we are Charlton" and "valley floyd road" sung much much slower which sounds better, and by the way we dont clap ourselves after singing it lol[/quote]

This is true. Charlton, Charlton, Charlton.... is a classic example and always has been. I've heard a few singing it more at 'we are sailing pace' which is good but doesn't seem to catch on. Delay spray - is that the answer? At least we don't have this pseudo 'ultras' / foreign nonsense that palace have - now that really is a plastic spaz fest if ever there was one - typical Palace really.
  • Options
    Goodbye horse is one of my favourites... a song that noone else sings
  • Options
    I agree with GNelson.

More songs about shoes falling off would really cheer the place up. It is what is missing from the modern game. Pre war many a shoe was lost from foot in amusing terrace antics and many a tune was sung with lyrics no stronger than 'blooming' and 'how's your father?' to ridicule the 'victim'.

Grandad swore this was true but never took my Nan so I am not sure if these songs were suitable for the ladies.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Goodbye horse is one of my favourites... a song that noone else sings[/quote]

Just not a fan of it because although I admit it was before my time even if it wasn't I just really don't give two shits about a policeman falling off their horse, I think its more meaningful to chant about something that the team have accomplished rather than what the supporters have experienced so I believe that if we're gonna chant Goodbye Horse then we should come up with chants about the FA Cup and the Playoff final which are both 100 times more important.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Goodbye horse is one of my favourites... a song that noone else sings

Just not a fan of it because although I admit it was before my time even if it wasn't I just really don't give two shits about a policeman falling off their horse, I think its more meaningful to chant about something that the team have accomplished rather than what the supporters have experienced so I believe that if we're gonna chant Goodbye Horse then we should come up with chants about the FA Cup and the Playoff final which are both 100 times more important.

Can i suggest that you get a pen and paper, write a few original songs and then we can all give our opinion on your efforts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the ultras, but it's just not English, any English club trying to be like them are just sellout wannabe's!

Oh wait... Scary stuff.
  • Options
    Everyone should sit down at all times not sing at all, in fact we should all stay at home & watch football on telly instead.

The main reason I go to actual live games is the actual atmostphere, people who watch it on telly really are missing out.

Can't Smoke, Cant' Stand, can't swear, can't sing...anything else?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Everyone should sit down at all times not sing at all, in fact we should all stay at home & watch football on telly instead.

The main reason I go to actual live games is the actual atmostphere, people who watch it on telly really are missing out.

Can't Smoke, Cant' Stand, can't swear, can't sing...anything else?

Indeed, thats why i can never understand the "it's on sky, why should i go" rant.

The ONE reason i go is for the atmosphere. Surely if you find yourself moaning about everything around you, CAFC players 16 mins highlights would be better, comfort of your own home and all that, away from all the terrible inhumane acts.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Can i suggest that you get a pen and paper, write a few original songs and then we can all give our opinion on your efforts?[/quote]

Perhaps I will at some point but as I said at the start I'm not suggesting that I could come up with anything better, but theres just certain songs I don't like.
  • Options
    The atmosphere at The Valley is often dire ........much more lively and a lot more fun to go to away matches.
    More singing and a better atmosphere, proper traditional football atmosphere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Yeah get rid of Valley Floyd Road & Red Army as well, then we can all sit in silence instead.

We should all be aiming for quality, not quantity!:-D
  • Options
    Just out of interest forza where do you live and if you live in south london and hatre it so much can you not move?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Just out of interest forza where do you live and if you live in south london and hatre it so much can you not move?
    Most Charlton fans have...to Kent!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Just out of interest forza where do you live and if you live in south london and hatre it so much can you not move?
    Bexley Village as it happens and that is an area I like, but comes more under the Kent bracket really
  • Options
    So you think London is better than everywhere else, but it's a shithole? Open up your bloody eyes and live in Liverpool or Leeds or Middlesborough mate, and stop slagging off your own fecking area. And on the note of 'not giving a shit' about a copper falling off his horse because it's before your time, is Selhurst and Upton Park before your time? If so don't bother singing VFR either, come to think of it how about you go away and support Arsenal or Chelsea?