Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Songs You Wish We Wouldn't Sing?

Comments

• Options
    Went to White Heart Lane the other day, they literally only have two songs and one of them is "stand up with you love Tottenham..."
  • Options
    What I think is lost on some of you on here is that the incest song contacins the "f" word and therefore offensive to many.

"South London" may contains a few rude words, but isns't that offensive............even the Andy Hunt somg was a play on words to rhyme his surname so as not to cause offence.

And before people say that football is a mans game, watched by the proletrariate, and had always had banter and songs being sung..........think again. The gane has changed, attendances have risen over the past 20 yrs and now more familys attend, rather than working class men in the 20's and 30's.

I am in my mid 40's and prob swear more than most, but especially find the incest song offensive. Kill that off & i'm happy singing about Horses, Sth London and The River Thames.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]The incest song is offensive and not even funny.

Oh South London is ok until it gets to the part about women. I have heard extra verses at Millwall that make this very offensive.Maybe we could create a new verse for it.

I'm also glad Christian Dailly has got his song back ( you could say it is a cover version of the old Wham version ).

Chips and Grannies?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]i think the drummer is a must for an all seater stadium. Don't like the 'stand up if you love....' it's a bit - tried to find a more PC word for it, but quite frankly it's a bit 'gay'.

I just think that he kills other people off from singing that dont want to red army, cafc etc. Maybe im worng

You may be right and maybe it needs time for people to get used to not waiting for the drum but in the short term it kills the atmosphere when it's not there as the drum unites the singing - otherwise you get a load of different songs going on at once. Don't see the drum as the problem - just need a bit more imagination amongst those who start off the singing in that area. Not a dig as the effort is good.

I'm not having a dig them either and i dont want them to stop as they have certain supporters who like that type of song, he just doesnt need to bang the damn thing for 90 minutes. Not everybody wants to create an atmosphere with hand clapping etc i prefer the more traditional way with verses
  • Options
    I wouldn't change anything we sing, just the way we sing them.

We seem to have to sing everything fast! Can't even keep up with the red army chants.
  • Options
    The incest song has long jumped the shark, singing it at Orient, a club 4 miles away should finally kill it off for good
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]......at least show a little creativity.

Is your tractor parked outside?
    Is that all you take away?
    In your Liverpool/Birmingham slums

Oh dear
  • Options
    There is also a case for saying the drums have caused the tempo problem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]1. Don't particularly like chanting about tits and fanny infront of my dad

2. I'll give you some parts of Greenwich and of course The Valley as being nice places, other than that it is a pure shithole

So Charlton should stop singing a song because you feel uncomfortable in your fathers presence ? Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you ?

Also, do you really think South-London is a “shithole” ? Specifically the part of London that Charlton is in (i.e. borough of Greenwich) ? Greewich, Blackheath and parts of Eltham, Mottingham are very wealthy. If you really think it’s a “shithole” then you can’t have travelled much mate. We’ve got a lot to be proud of.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This thread is quite surreal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is ridiculous.

Shall we just sing 'red army' (followed by a clap clap) and be done with it?
  • Options
    Why are Charlton fans so creepy?

This thread has saddened me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]This thread is quie surreal.

Always liked that one but didnt get far enough to sing it to often

quie surreal,quie surreal whatever will be will
  • Options
    The beauty of the old covered end was it was quite dark under there and quite small - a bit like being at a party when the lighting is very low - less inhibiting. Also it sounded loud even with only a few singing as the noise bounced back. Modern stadiums with the lighting and seating are different now - a bit like suddenly turning the music off and the lights on. Football shouldn't be sanitised too much in my opinion and if yoiu do things / say things you wouldn't normally, so what - it's football.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]This thread is ridiculous.

agreed

But singing about the army might upset someone so lets just clap
  • Options
    The drummer tried to hard. Last home game he just kept banging it with no tune. CAFCBourne is right, it does prevent other songs from starting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]This thread is ridiculous.

agreed

But singing about the army might upset someone so lets just clap

Yeah and i don't want to sing the red bit as it may offend our ginger fans.
  • Options
    This thread is very surreal indeed. Not exactly a hotbed for atmosphere is the valley, so any song will do!

Would like to see what some of our fans did if they were at another atmoshpheric club where they sing ALOT worse than what we will ever sing.

Bunch of middle aged arseholes that think they have some higher authority within the club because they bum lick the local casc director.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Bunch of middle aged arseholes that think they have some higher authority within the club because they bum lick the local casc director.
    What does this mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    get the popcorn out time i think
  • Options
    It means the level of superiority we have in some of our fans is unbelievable.

Get the popcorn out indeed.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Bunch of middle aged arseholes that think they have some higher authority within the club because they bum lick the local casc director.
    What does this mean?
    Not all of us im middle aged and love to sing and the rudder the better
  • Options
    edith_bowman_465x370.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]The beauty of the old covered end was it was quite dark under there and quite small - a bit like being at a party when the lighting is very low - less inhibiting. Also it sounded loud even with only a few singing as the noise bounced back. Modern stadiums with the lighting and seating are different now - a bit like suddenly turning the music off and the lights on. Football shouldn't be sanitised too much in my opinion and if yoiu do things / say things you wouldn't normally, so what - it's football.
    sorry, I forgot it was the late 70's..............i'll just get by bovver boots out, shave my hair and kick your f*****g 'ed in then, shall I

Football's moved on - think some of you should do the same.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    What does this mean?

Not all of us im middle aged and love to sing and the rudder the better

You get the odd exception, some come to have fun believe it or not!!

I just can't imagine going to selhurst, The den, or any other london club (bar Fulham) that would moan about such petty things. I wouldn't mind, but the fact is, most who do the moaning are the ones that sit on their hands all game!
  • Options
    im not allowed to swear at home otherwise the old man gets the slipper out. So when i go to the valley i get 90 minutes to fit in as many swear words as possible.

''red f****** c**** f*** s******** army'' and so on...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]The beauty of the old covered end was it was quite dark under there and quite small - a bit like being at a party when the lighting is very low - less inhibiting. Also it sounded loud even with only a few singing as the noise bounced back. Modern stadiums with the lighting and seating are different now - a bit like suddenly turning the music off and the lights on. Football shouldn't be sanitised too much in my opinion and if yoiu do things / say things you wouldn't normally, so what - it's football.
    sorry, I forgot it was the late 70's..............i'll just get by bovver boots out, shave my hair and kick your f*****g 'ed in then, shall I

Football's moved on - think some of you should do the same.

I don't think its a fact of moving on. It's about making it as similar to the old times as possible (atmosphere wise) in the modern surroundings we are given. Alot of clubs have managed this!
  • Options
    kyle reid wherever you may be! thats all i've though of so far
  • Options
    If only nigel batch was still playing.