Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******-The 2010/11 Football Betting thread-*******

Comments

• Options
    JTJT
    edited November 2010
    Probably only do 4 of them at 9/1.
  • Options
    £20 on a goals galore after last weeks winner
    villa v arse
    bolton v blackpool
    barnsley v watford
    reading v leeds
    scunthorpe v coventry

Imagine... :-)
  • Options
    I also try and steer clear of Premiership games when doing GG, lower leagues /cups are where the goals are
  • Options
    Indeed, but Prem games can easily pay you off if you pick carefully. I've made thousands from fantasy football so study the defences alot, of course it doesn't help when it comes to betting as a chunk of it is reliant on luck...

I've had a few mates stung by some very painful picks, league 2 picks not scoring at home etc.

GG much easier with research than a big win accy, only takes an off day from Boltons attack, or Arsenals defence to muck you up for that. :o)
  • Options
    anyone else having a cheeky fiver on Luton at 6-1 to lessen the pain if they turn us over?
  • Options
    Goes without saying...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Goes without saying...[/quote]

LOL!!

they definitely seem over-priced given our cup pedigree/form!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite] I've made thousands from fantasy football
    How much you made from fantasy football then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]I've made thousands from fantasy football
    How much you made from fantasy football then?

This season, £250 in a large Sun Syndicate from weekly prizes alone.

Overall, I'd say around 8k? Weekend Dream Team (The Sun again) 3 times for £2k a pop, £1,000 from a game called Fantasy Stakes that is now down the pan - during the world cup.. and few other small ones elsewhere.

However i'm embarassing myself this season in Fantasy Premier League, took no notice of it and now paying the price sitting in 800,000th after finishing 1,000th 2 seasons ago out of a million lol
  • Options
    29/1 for the weekend:

Arsenal v Fulham
    Cardiff v Preston
    Millwall v Scunthorpe
    Leeds v Crystal Palace
    Man. City v Bolton
    Chelsea v Everton
    Osasuna v FC Barcelona
    Coventry v Middlesbro'

Expecting Coventry or Chelsea to let me down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect Chelsea and/or City to let you down in that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]29/1 for the weekend:

Arsenalv Fulham
    Cardiffv Preston
    Millwallv Scunthorpe
    Leedsv Crystal Palace
    Man. Cityv Bolton
    Chelseav Everton
    Osasuna vFC Barcelona
    Coventryv Middlesbro'

Expecting Coventry or Chelsea to let me down
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]I expect Chelsea and/or City to let you down in that

Yeah City are another possible in there. Depends who scores first in that game.
  • Options
    And it looks like the combustible egos may be starting to react at City FIGHT!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Two very nice bets for me Sunday teatime in my league of choice... La Liga

Espanyol v Gijon = 4/6 --> Surprise package of the season with seven consecutive home league victories plays host to Gijon, without a victory in nine league games

Villarreal v Sevilla = 5/6 --> Villarreal have started the season explosively while Sevilla are in absolute turmoil having lost at home to last chance saloon Getafe last weekend to seal back-to-back home defeats to weaker opposition - three straight defeats in all competitions

You could add Barcelona who look absolutely unstoppable and Real Madrid who will be chomping at the bit to make up for Monday night and £10 pays over £40 plus stake on top for the 4-fold
  • Options
    Wolves 4/1 at Blackburn today represents outstanding value. Wolves have lost or drawn alot of matches when they have played well and Blackburn have got results when they deserve them.
  • Options
    After a 7-1 walloping, I can't imagine Blackburn not reacting in front of their fans. It's Blackburn or keep away.
  • Options
    Todays GG

Brum v Spurs
    Coventry v Boro
    Leeds v Crystal Palace
    Watford v Leicester
  • Options
    Tenner on this bad boy GG!

Lazio Inter (done)
    Wigan stoke
    Leeds Palace
    Watford Leicester
    Millscum scumthorpe
    Bristol R (not on)
    WBA newc
    Sunderland west spam

long shot but only 6 more in to return a swift £1300 or something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]Wolves 4/1 at Blackburn today represents outstanding value. Wolves have lost or drawn alot of matches when they have played well and Blackburn have got results when they deserve them.
    I agree great value for Wolves there, they haven't been playing too bad lately just not getting the results. Some big prices about in the prem today, tempted by Bolton as well
  • Options
    Arsenal - win
    Birmingham - draw
    Blackburn - win
    Chelsea - win
    Man City - win
    Wigan - draw

£5 pays £240
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Osasuna v Barcelona

match postponed (rescheduled for 4pm tomorrow from what I can make out)

Flight chaos in Spain has meant there are going to be a number of casualties this weekend... those that are left are going to be massively stacked in the home team's favour as some of the travelling distances are just silly. Sevilla for example will travel to Villarreal (450 miles) by road and train.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Arsenal - win
    Birmingham - draw
    Blackburn - win
    Chelsea - win
    Man City - win
    Wigan - draw

£5 pays £240

16.40 and it's on...
  • Options
    (and so is the Barca game tonight after the spanish FA overruled the earlier decision of the league's governing body)
  • Options
    lasted 4 minutes!

one of those days today
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Only one I got right so far this weekend was Chelsea Everton. Few others close (apart from Blackburn draw). Need the 2 tomorrow to turn my weekend round.
  • Options
    Favourites 7-fold tonight for a bit of beer money: Panathanaikos, Ajax, PSV, Barcelona, Milan, Twente, Madrid
  • Options
    cheers Ajax!!

2-0, 1-1 (hit post on 89'), 5-2, 3-0, 3-0, 2-0, 2-0
  • Options
    Fecking Scumthorpe not scoring will probs cost me big. Ah well, always one or two out, and when they're in they pay off big :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]Fecking Scumthorpe not scoring will probs cost me big. Ah well, always one or two out, and when they're in they pay off big :o)
    Same for me, 4 games with both teams to score, only Middlesbrough didn't, they came close Lita missing a penalty.
  • Options
    middlesboro (leroy f###ing lita) let me down for a 6 match goals galore bet.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!