Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton's No. 10

The no. 10 shirt -- traditionally the shirt of the main man -- is still unallocated, and someone said Parky had hinted someone "special" would be coming in. Assuming he wasn't joking, who could he mean? Vaguely plausible answers only please -- no Torres or Kaka.

My shout: Darius Vassell.

Comments

• Options
    Paul Benson
  • Options
    Hopefully Brett Pitman after Saturdays game.
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips
  • Options
    Luke Varney
  • Options
    whoever it is we go into Saturday with a worrying lack of strikers. It was a big problem area last season with a lack of goals from up top. We have lost top scorer Burton and replaced him with Abbott and that is it (at the moment). We even lost fans favourite Mooney. We need two more and it looks likely one will be Benson, unless we have no more money to up our bid for a fourth time, and so are looking for one more possibly two. Needs sorting asap.
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips would be great, but doubt he would want to play in L1.
  • Options
    Dunno but the anticipation is bloody killing me, I'd have thought it would be Benson but when Parky said "special" you would expect a bigger name.
  • Options
    Dave mooney ;-)

Not bauza then I'm guessing.

Vassel no chance although would work well alondside a big man like akpo and pavel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: COOPS[/cite]Kevin Phillips would be great, but doubt he would want to play in L1.

I think only players below league one would actually want to play in it, sometimes there isn't a choice if you want to keep playing!
  • Options
    I think it should be someone called 'Costello'....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlikely to be Benson as it seems Daggers are intent on keeping him.

Would like someone like Varney. Think he would do really well back in L1 and work well alongside Pawel or Akpo. Varney imho is like McLeod and may need to drop down a division to try to save his career and work back up.
  • Options
    It'll be Varney, Benson, Kandol or Vassel
  • Options
    Mifsud or eastwood.
  • Options
    well SLP said that Richard Brodie is one of parky's targets... so maybe him.
  • Options
    Mendonca ( with bionic bits )
  • Options
    If Parky said the word "special", I seriously doubt he means Varney. He was only ever special to Pardew!

I'm hoping it's Eastwood...surely has to be from league(s) above to be "special"??
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Someone no one has mentioned at all this summer.
  • Options
    seconded scoham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arry Addick[/cite]If Parky said the word "special", I seriously doubt he means Varney. He was only ever special to Pardew!

I'm hoping it's Eastwood...surely has to be from league(s) above to be "special"??

There are no "special" players in League 1.

There are some good players, some players who used to be good, and some good prospects that might become special some day. But no one who could be classified as "special" today.
  • Options
    Maybe he will be unveiled on the pitch before kick off to stoke up the Covered end choir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I work with a man who's son plays for the Daggers and he said Benson would be a great signing for Charlton he's watched him for ages and said he'd be our main man, but not "the special player" we are looking for He believes they would want at least £200,000
  • Options
    I understand Parky's been very open with those who helped at the big clean up, for which we're all grateful, but did he actually say the missing link would be someone "special"? I just can't stand the thought of a good signing being condemned from day one for not being exciting enough. Here's hoping though...
  • Options
    official site say he's got a dutch striker on trial
  • Options
    Someone mentioned Marlon Harewood was seen in Greenwich yesterday. Might be a coincidence or mistaken identity. Think he's without a club at the moment so who knows?
  • Options
    Brodie or Eastwood I hope.

Phillips signed a new one year about a month ago so I doubt it.
  • Options
    eastwood please....
  • Options
    Not Harewood for the love of god.
  • Options
    Marlon Harewoods wages would cover half our squads....
  • Options
    Don't think we have the slightest hope of getting Eastwood and dont know where this rumour has even come from. He's been in the starting 11 for Coventry for pre-season.
  • Options
    Parky knows something we dont and is gonna surprise us. Will it be this dutch bloke on saturday. Why havnt we heard nothing about him