Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films that make men cry

Comments

• Options
    Lorenzo's Oil
  • Options
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest ending completely wrecks me...

And the reunion in The Colour Purple leaves a lump in my throat the size of Oprah Winfrey's arse...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]leaves a lump in my throat the size of Oprah Winfrey's arse...

Not possible unless you have a throat the size of Dartford tunnel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]leaves a lump in my throat the size of Oprah Winfrey's arse...

Just one word, just let one person say just one fecking word.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Hard Candy.

That one certainly made my eyes water!
  • Options
    no mention of Sophie's Choice yet? Always gets to me.
  • Options
    'The Champ' for me as well. 'The Passion of the Christ' which I saw at the cinema, was incredibly moving.
  • Options
    Cat Ballou

Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin

Catherine Ballou (Jane Fonda) is a schoolteacher until a hired thug kills her daddy. To protect what she loves, she collects two petty criminals, a wisecracking hired hand, and a hired killer, Kid Shelleen (Lee Marvin). Unfortunately, Shelleen is a raging drunk who is so inebriated and unsteady with a gun he literally misses the broad side of a barn.

Watching Cat Ballou has become a solitary vice, accompanied by a few tissues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: powerchord[/cite]Cat Ballou

Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin

Catherine Ballou (Jane Fonda) is a schoolteacher until a hired thug kills her daddy. To protect what she loves, she collects two petty criminals, a wisecracking hired hand, and a hired killer, Kid Shelleen (Lee Marvin). Unfortunately, Shelleen is a raging drunk who is so inebriated and unsteady with a gun he literally misses the broad side of a barn.

Not the same film but my grandad , who died six months ago aged 85 used to sing to me " I was born under a wandering star" from Paint Your Wagon when i was 5 years old . That was sung by lee Marvin. if i heard it now god knows how i would react.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Just one word, just let one person say just one fecking word.....

Why ever would they ha ha ha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Can't comment on this being of the controlled by hormones gender but will watch Silent Running. Never heard of it before. How anyone can not cry at the Champ I'll never know.
  • Options
    Contrary to my earlier post: I watched Shine tonight and cried like a baby, such a joyous film and now my number one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: powerchord[/cite]Cat Ballou

Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin

I remember watching Jane Fonda in Barbarella, used nearly a full box of tissues that day...
  • Options
    Champ and Song of Bernardette.
  • Options
    For me its a film called 'We are marshall'

Its a true story of the 1970 plane crash which killed nearly the whole football team including the coaches and players, only about 3 people from the team survived as they not on the plane.

The film tells the story of how the town tries to overcome the disaster and the building of a new team including coaches. Marshall university had to get special dispensation from the NCAA to field college freshman to play on their team (freshman were not allowed to play in their 1st yr of college). They basically win 2 games all season, but most importantly their 1st home game.

Its gets me everytime they win their 1st home game.

It stars matthew mcconaughey and the bloke jack from lost.
  • Options
    Dancer in the dark
    cinema paradiso
  • Options
    I have to confess to being a bit of a cry baby at films. As well as many already listed (including Toy Story 3) I still can't watch ET without needing to wipe my eyes.
  • Options
    Up
    Dancer In The Dark
    Debbie Does Dallas
  • Options
    I am as soft as shite when it comes to weepy movies, I cry at all of them. Goodbye Mr. Chips and Silent Running two absolute classics, and for me the one that stands out is The Railway Children, Jenny Aggutter at the end... "Daddy... my Daddy..." . I'm bloody welling up now just thinking about it. Wuss.
  • Options
    The bits at the end of Pay it Forward and Big Fish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big Fish, Ewan Mcgregor, Helena Bonham Carter, Albert Finney etc
  • Options
    Forgot Million Dollar Baby, that had me going.
  • Options
    Christmas films always do me, Home Alone bought a little tear at the end
  • Options
    Wow - good to see I'm not alone with Silent Running - I've always thought I was a bit mental crying about Huey Dewey and Louie :o)
  • Options
    Escape to victory, when pele does the over head kick in slowmo even with busted ribs love it..

I cried when david tennant died on doctor who, man enough to admit that.

And dumbo.. jesus.. when the mummy elphant is reaching out the truck to stroke dumbo then goes.... blub like a goodun.
  • Options
    any grown man who cries watching a film should take a look at themself..unless they are watching watership down :-)
  • Options
    Definitely Marley & Me, had to take a few deep breaths with that one. Oh and the Sixth Sense when the kid makes his revelation to Bruce Willis.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The only film that has ever got to me is....The Green Mile

Although I deep wept a little at the age of 11 when they said goodbye to ET
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm a little ashamed to add Nanny McPhee to the list, all be it it was only an excess of water in my eye, but I suspect it still qualifies.

What a wuss?
  • Options
    The Metro had a piece on this yesterday. They had a list too.

1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
    2. Shawshank Redemption
    3. Up
    4. One flew over the cuckoo's nest
    5. Marley and me
    6. The Champ
    7. The notebook
    8. Babe
    9. Field of dreams
    10. Chariots of fire
    11. The railway children
    12. Steam of life
    13. The night before christmas (Tom and Jerry)
    14. Man on fire
    15. Life is beautiful
    16. Bridge to Terabithia
    17. The Italian job
    18. Rocky
    19. My life as a dog
    20. Truly, madly, deeply

Of those, I've only seen Shawshank Redemption and Life is Beautiful. I didn't cry for either, but I want to watch Life is Beautiful again - don't think it went in the first time.

They also mention Dumbo, Watership down, Star Trek II, Old Yeller, and Little Women. I haven't seen any of these films so can't comment.