Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Refund

Evening all. Been reading this site for some time and today's news about Fraser Richardson finally spurs me into signing up and joining in.

Like 7,499 others of you, I've renewed my season ticket for next year. I did so knowing that some of our better players would have departed but I never envisaged for a minute that nearly everyone of our experienced players would have departed before the season starts. Frankly, I'm wondering if I take my boots down for the opening game against Bournemouth if I might get a game.

The sale of Fraser to our old friend Pardew is just about the final straw for me. Anyone know if you can get a refund on a season ticket up until the first home game of the season or am I now stuck with it for next year?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Are you having a laugh, something like this was always going to happen once we lost the play off game, Murray said we would lose a couple of our better players we we have. We got good money for Richardson and if it means we can keep Semedo or bring some new players in for nominal fees then it is not the worst piece of business we will do.

Edit: I am not happy about losing Richardson either but it will take a hell of a lot more before contemplating refunding a season ticket. Come August 7th, it is time to get behind the 11 players on the pitch regardless of the names. Chances are the team will include some younger players who need support possibly in Richardsons position with Chris Solly maybe getting a chance..
  • Options
    if you want a refund I'm sure you'll get one. I'm guessing you have not been a fan for long otherwise you would have known worse times than this. Yes it's worrying but come the 7th August there will be eleven men out there with the Charlton shirt on and the way things are going they will need our support. If you don't want to give them that support then fine .....
  • Options
    Agreed was cafcdan18 says.

God knows how you would feel like in the 80's when we were selling players for fun. We only sold Richardon and Bailey who were key in our 11 and we got a profit on both of them. I would much rather sell than see us in Administration, the board have already quoted that we need to sell players and invest in players who can do a job for us. I think the 2 we have signed today could be good for us but time will tell.
  • Options
    Please just call the club and get the refund. Don't really need "supporters" like you.

Nice wind up.
  • Options
    Gents - I've been a fan since 1968. Original member of the VIP scheme, share holder, been a season ticket holder or in the membership scheme since 1974, was at Palace and West Ham throughout our exile - and was the one in the 3,001 crowd when we played Halifax on a snowy evening at the Valley back in the early 1970s! Please don't doubt my loyalty. I've been through the bad times. And these times are rapidly becoming every bit as bad as the past.

What is going on now is bonkers. You can't get rid of every senior player - Bailey and Richardson are going to be followed out of the door by Burton, Dailly, Sodje and probably before the season starts, Semedo and Racon as well. Maybe Youga and Llera will depart as well. Sure with the finaces being in the state they are, some departures were inevitable but selling on this scale and ending up without any senior players is not going to lead to pleasant viewing this coming season.
  • Options
    Then cancel, get your money back and stop going.

And yes, I do expect youga to go as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I hear what youre saying but surely you have give the team that we begin next with season a chance to show what they have got. Maybe Parky will unearth a few 'gems'. Dont give up - we may all be surprised.
  • Options
    Nice welcome. He's hardly alone in feeling down on the club at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune 82nd Minute[/cite]Gents - I've been a fan since 1968. Original member of the VIP scheme, share holder, been a season ticket holder or in the membership scheme since 1974, was at Palace and West Ham throughout our exile - and was the one in the 3,001 crowd when we played Halifax on a snowy evening at the Valley back in the early 1970s! Please don't doubt my loyalty. I've been through the bad times. And these times are rapidly becoming every bit as bad as the past.

What is going on now is bonkers. You can't get rid of every senior player - Bailey and Richardson are going to be followed out of the door by Burton, Dailly, Sodje and probably before the season starts, Semedo and Racon as well. Maybe Youga and Llera will depart as well. Sure with the finaces being in the state they are, some departures were inevitable but selling on this scale and ending up without any senior players is not going to lead to pleasant viewing this coming season.
    You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that we, as a club, have a choice in the matter. I doubt you realise just how bad the situation is. We will be lucky to survive as a going concern more than six months into the season - we have debts well over and above those of other clubs who have gone into administration recently.

Get your refund and stop going. That'll help.
  • Options
    see who parky signs. you never know we might get a few decent players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    obviously everyone's down but the fact we didn't get promoted means selling players is a fact of life the way football is.

getting pissed off with the club & throwing the towel in is ridiculous, it's hardly like the board are just cashing in to line their pockets. we are quite obviously in a desperate situation, it's clear we're doing this because we need to rather to earn a fast buck.

be pissed off with sky/money etc ruining football and making this kind of thing inevitable, not our own club.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune 82nd Minute[/cite]Gents - I've been a fan since 1968. Original member of the VIP scheme, share holder, been a season ticket holder or in the membership scheme since 1974, was at Palace and West Ham throughout our exile - and was the one in the 3,001 crowd when we played Halifax on a snowy evening at the Valley back in the early 1970s! Please don't doubt my loyalty. I've been through the bad times. And these times are rapidly becoming every bit as bad as the past.

It don't matter to this lot mate, if you moan about the club, signings, player sales etc you'll get the same response........."we don't need fans like you blah blah blah"

The thing is that you are saying how many of us feel and that is totally pissed off. How dare you question his loyalty, he has proved his loyalty. He is entitled to his opinion so let him have it without the nasty digs eh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]

It don't matter to this lot mate, if you moan about the club, signings, player sales etc you'll get the same response........."we don't need fans like you blah blah blah"

The thing is that you are saying how many of us feel and that is totally pissed off. How dare you question his loyalty, he has proved his loyalty. He is entitled to his opinion so let him have it without the nasty digs eh.
    Bollocks. I'm not questioning his loyalty. I'm questioning his reasoning. Would you rather the club spend any MORE money it didn't have on gambling to try and get us out of the mire - knowing full well that if it doesn't succeed, we'll end up without a club at all in 12 months' time, or accept the fact that we won't be remotely competitive this year but might - just might - have a club to return to for the 2011/2012 season?

The club needs all the season ticket money it can get. Throwing your toys out of the pram because you were daft enough not to know this was coming isn't going to help the club, and isn't going to make him feel better either on a poxy November Saturday afternoon when he's traipsing round Ikea with the missus instead of where he belongs - at The Valley.
  • Options
    Give the bloke a break.

I posted much the same when I found out because of sheer frustration and disappointment. A form of kicking the cyber cat. He won't get rid of his tickets anymore than me or Golfie (who said similar in passing).

The Damascus moment for me was Gritty getting the heave-ho. Nobody is safe and everybody has their price.

I guess we vent our spleen on here then fasten the seatbelts and see if we are brave enough to ride the rollercoaster with our arms in the air.
  • Options
    stay you know you dont want to but it is so right!
  • Options
    You need to sell to build
  • Options
    Don't get a refund from the club, sell it on eBay, you'll get double what you paid for it. ;-0)
  • Options
    Dazzler is always available for tickets if you don't fancy going to the games.
  • Options
    If, and its a big if, this geezer is for real then my advice........go see the quack if you truly believe what is happening to us now is on a par with the early 80,s as you clearly are starting to loose your marbles ;-)

I have not commented on the current goings on because its hugely frustrating, out of my hands & at the end of the day doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things as i'll still be there supporting my CLUB.

Ask for your money back, fine. But why come on here for the very first time & ask us?

IMO, why?

WUM.

Oh & btw DFT was only cutting you slack cos you've never given your preference re the only two teams across the wall ;-)
  • Options
    What a lovely welcome to a long standing fan. I don't get this blind faith thing that's going on here, the let's get behind the 11 stuff. We have faithfully gotten behind the 11 and look where it's gotten us? I'm amazed at our fans loyalty up to this point, but has that just given those that run the club carte blanche to just carry on mAking the same old mistakes again and again? Danny's rallying call from a couple of weeks ago....has anyone worth there salt at the club responded? Everyone is upset and angry right now and it's not right to round on l those who have paid there dues over many years. We are stuck in a catch 22 situation here, a right royal rut. Turning on each other just isn't the answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]What a lovely welcome to a long standing fan. I don't get this blind faith thing that's going on here, the let's get behind the 11 stuff. We have faithfully gotten behind the 11 and look where it's gotten us? I'm amazed at our fans loyalty up to this point, but has that just given those that run the club carte blanche to just carry on mAking the same old mistakes again and again? Danny's rallying call from a couple of weeks ago....has anyone worth there salt at the club responded? Everyone is upset and angry right now and it's not right to round on l those who have paid there dues over many years. We are stuck in a catch 22 situation here, a right royal rut. Turning on each other just isn't the answer.

I'm with Tel on this one. The sale of Frazer has stuck in my gullet, and, like AFKA, I expect Youga to go. We'd got the 5 year ST deal, and that was immediately reneged on when we didn't get the promised priority. Truth is, we hadn't expected anything else. I just love Charlton and so will keep on going regardless, but maybe that actually isn't helping, and Tel. is right, they just keep on with the same mistakes. I just don't know anymore. But surely we can give long standing supporters a better welcome than this?
  • Options
    The thing is its probably the same people that when we were in the Premiership would say "Id still watch Charlton even if we in the Ryman" who are now throwing their toys out of the pram now.

Ok McCormack is probably Semedo's replacement, and Youga will go and we'll be stuck with Basey etc etc.

But the fans are the lifeblood of the club, if the club has been mismanaged since Curbs left there is nothing we can do about it other than turn up home and away and get behind them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune 82nd Minute[/cite]Evening all. Been reading this site for some time and today's news about Fraser Richardson finally spurs me into signing up and joining in.

Like 7,499 others of you, I've renewed my season ticket for next year. I did so knowing that some of our better players would have departed but I never envisaged for a minute that nearly everyone of our experienced players would have departed before the season starts. Frankly, I'm wondering if I take my boots down for the opening game against Bournemouth if I might get a game.

The sale of Fraser to our old friend Pardew is just about the final straw for me. Anyone know if you can get a refund on a season ticket up until the first home game of the season or am I now stuck with it for next year?

Loyalty is a precious thing, is it something we ask af all players who wear the red shirt? it doesnt happen as we know. This supporter is after all just telling us how he feels, is that not what we all do on here? I dont agree with wanting a refund but if thats what he wants then so be it.

What will he do when somedo youga and others also depart?

Dude just pop your ticket in your pocket and come along as usual, you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]What a lovely welcome to a long standing fan.

[cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]But surely we can give long standing supporters a better welcome than this?

Fair point, accepted.

I just can't get my head around why someone would register for a forum with the specific intention of telling people they have never spoken to before that they are not going to go any more and want their money back. And not participate in any of the ongoing threads.

Perhaps i'm paranoid and simply read posts too much through 'administrator glasses' and wary of people with mixed intentions. Its nothing personal, hope i'm proved wrong and will happily apologise to the thread starter over time.

I'm also from the school of when it all goes wrong, you grow tighter, suck it in and fight harder, so i personally find it hard to positively associate with the numerous 'outraged' posts, even though i accept it is a natural reaction to some and in their eyes, justified.
  • Options
    Think this one should be taken back to the club by Airman to deal with, very poor given our current circumstances and to alienate fans is crazy.

As for teh warm welcome to a new member thats beoming the norm
  • Options
    Strange how people react in opposite ways, you want to hand your season ticket back and I am even more glad I opted for a 5 year one.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If he was really worried about us having no players, he would having given up his season ticket when we had Pouso and Traore getting a game.

Welcome by the way.
  • Options
    Fortune, I think most of us are feeling your pain. I was absolutely fuming yesterday afternoon at the sale of Frazer and I don't feel much better this morning, even though I think £450,000 was probably a good price. At the end of the day, whatever happens this is still our club and in the dark hours they still need us as much as we need our weekly fix. I think some on here have been a bit harsh in reply, but the common goal is supporting the team through thick and thin. For some, probably warped reason, I still think Parky can find us a decent squad for next year. There are still some very good freebies around and although the Doherty and McCormack signings were overshadowed yesterday by the selling of Frazer, they are still pretty good signings.

Keep the faith mate, I'm sure we will see you there on August 7th!
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It's hardly bonkers F82. We were offered very good money for a player we got for nothing. No way can we refuse that. I do share your disappointment, but I think a season ticket refund is an overreaction. This is nothing compared to selling our captain and best player in January (Andy Reid) when we're in a play-off position to return to the PL. We'll get a replacement for Richardson - we can afford to now.
  • Options
    Sorry. I would give him a huge welcome, as i usually do. If i didnt think he was a WUM.

Quite happy to apologise if i'm proved wrong though.