Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2010 FA Cup Final

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I don't think I have felt so little interest in this years FA Cup Final since....Well last years I guess.

Same here, no real interest in it. Will probably do the garden instead.

What's your main FA Cup final memories from when you were younger ?

Mine i reckon were the Cov v Spurs final, brilliant game and occassion, and individual moment, Moran being distraught for Man U when getting sent off

Man U being beaten 1-0 by Everton was amusing was it 1994 i think?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Chelsea could easily beat that record score as long as they don't take their foot off the gas if they go 2 or 3 up.

Agree wouldn't be a great advert around the world if they just smash them.

stoke, villa, wigan etc will vouch its unlikely they will take their foot off the gas.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Chelsea could easily beat that record score as long as they don't take their foot off the gas if they go 2 or 3 up.

Agree wouldn't be a great advert around the world if they just smash them.

stoke, villa, wigan etc will vouch its unlikely they will take their foot off the gas.

But they will know that at 3-0 its won its not a league game so goals do not matter as much. I know they scored quiet a few in cup games too but as its the final they may just think "3-0 end of the season this is won lets just relax" but you never know will be cheering for Pompey though.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I don't think I have felt so little interest in this years FA Cup Final since....Well last years I guess.

Same here, no real interest in it. Will probably do the garden instead.

What's your main FA Cup final memories from when you were younger ?

Mine i reckon were the Cov v Spurs final, brilliant game and occassion, and individual moment, Moran being distraught for Man U when getting sent off

Man U being beaten 1-0 by Everton was amusing was it 1994 i think?

'95 it was. My first son was due that day, he didn't arrive till the Monday. A Graham Stuart shot that hit the woodwork and the rebound put in by Paul Rideout. I think Paul Rideout later on in his carrear put Everton out when playing in the lower leagues when he was about 40!
    My earliest memory is Leeds beating Arsenal 1 nil. I had an Arsenal football for some reason and so was a bit fed up. As a young (Maternal family influenced as my Dad's not into football) West Ham supporter the first final I took real interest in was WHU v Fulham in '75.
    Enjoyed '76 as I was on school journey in Swanage and the whole town had gone Soton mad, cannot imagine that nowdays. In fact I really enjoyed most fianls up until about 84/85 when by then Saturdays meant the pub or I'd be playing cricket.
  • Options
    remember the Spurs v Man City one, especially the replay and 'that' goal.

went to the Wimbledon v Liverpool game as it was fairly easy to get tickets from the Dons
  • Options
    will be doing the garden & enjoying the heatwave out here, no interest whatsoever in this game - but I do wish Pompey well

i will record the Spanners game & watch that - but certainly not getting up at 4.30am for it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]remember the Spurs v Man City one, especially the replay and 'that' goal.

went to the Wimbledon v Liverpool game as it was fairly easy to get tickets from the Dons

'That goal' by Ricky Villa wasnt even the best goal in that match.
    Steve McKenzies volley was far superior in my opinion .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I can run off results and winning goalscorers from 1970 to about 1996/7 I reckon without too much trouble. After that they are just a blur.

Yes, me too chirps, too many Arsechester v Chelspool finals in my mind, but probably not as many as I think in reality.
  • Options
    "At the end of the match there will be no coalition formed. It will go to a penalty shootout."

What???
  • Options
    I tell you what they'd have been better off going to B&Q to get the turf for the pitch , disgraceful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Prince Billy is there, wonder if he's wearing his Charlton shirt...

charlton7499pages2.jpg
  • Options
    Were are the Chelsea fans so quiet since they became a tourist club. The Chelsea i knew would have never let a team like Pompey drown them out of Wemberley they were one of the loudest groups of fans in the country.

What cup final was it when Leeds or spurs it might have been had a shot that for all the world looked as though it went in but somehow statyed out its quiet a famous moment i think they were playing a team in red and white strips Sunderland maybey??
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Were are the Chelsea fans so quiet since they became a tourist club. The Chelsea i knew would have never let a team like Pompey drown them out of Wemberley they were one of the loudest groups of fans in the country.

What cup final was it when Leeds or spurs it might have been had a shot that for all the world looked as though it went in but somehow statyed out its quiet a famous moment i think they were playing a team in red and white strips Sunderland maybey??
    1973 Sunderland v Leeds...

Montgomery made one of the best saves ever at Wembley...

article-1110026-0031AAF700000258-715_468x298.jpg
    Coloured Cats went on to win 1-0...
  • Options
    Thanks redzed thats wicked. I though the other team (which you now confirm as Sunderland) won the match thats why it was so talk about. It was an amazing save so im sure it would have been mentioned if Leeds had won but as they diddnt its quiet a famous moment is it not.
  • Options
    What a miss by Kalou...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Thanks redzed thats wicked. I though the other team (which you now confirm as Sunderland) won the match thats why it was so talk about. It was an amazing save so im sure it would have been mentioned if Leeds had won but as they diddnt its quiet a famous moment is it not.
    You can search for it on YouTube..

It was actually a fantastic double save....

First from a diving header from Cherry and then and even better stop from a Lorimer volley...
  • Options
    Mooney would of stuck that in every time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Mooney would of stuck that over the bar into row M every time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Thanks redzed thats wicked. I though the other team (which you now confirm as Sunderland) won the match thats why it was so talk about. It was an amazing save so im sure it would have been mentioned if Leeds had won but as they diddnt its quiet a famous moment is it not.
    You can search for it on YouTube..

It was actually a fantastic double save....

First from a diving header from Cherry and then and even better stop from a Lorimer volley...

O yea i just had a lil look wicked what a keeper.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous.

Good idea by the officials to make the goals slightly smaller.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Penalty to Pompey lol. Worst pen ever, saved.
  • Options
    Just seen the worst Wembley penalty since Michael Grays effort in 1998!
  • Options
    Drogba 1-0. Daylight robbery....
  • Options
    Fantastic Drogba free kick, 1-0 Chelsea, the man is a machine.
  • Options
    Yea was poor good Drogba Free kick though. O did i hear a chelsea fan sing when they scored oh no it was a tourist :-).
  • Options
    Pompey should look at buying Kermongant from Leicester to take their penalties next season
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]Just seen the worst Wembley penalty since Michael Grays effort in 1998![/quote

Lampard has just tried to improve on that.....
  • Options
    And they'll be dancing in the streets of Asia!

Any team that wins the cup must deserve it & will have ridden their luck at times but I find it very, very hard to feel anything but revulsion for Chelsea.
  • Options
    As for Drogba and Cashley- just a couple of spoilt children
  • Options
    can't say that wasnt memorable. Two pen one saved, one missed (first since 1913), woodwork battered. Just needed a pompey goal to make it.

Also pompey players crying like it actually mattered to them and wasnt just another game like some of the, as AA Sais, arsepool v manchels finals.

Shame chelsea won