Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A 'thank you to the Charlton staff' thread

Amongst all the acrimony of the decisions taken in the past few days which have annoyed supporters so much, its sometimes forgotten that it is those that least deserve it that take the lion share of the flack.

The people that man the phones and the booths etc are not the ones that make the decisions, yet appear to have worked like dogs in the last few days whilst taking a host of verbal complaints.

Here's hoping you get a decent well done this summer rather than having to re-interview for your own job again.

Comments

• Here Here!!

I know we sometimes don't agree with the way certain things have been managed within the Club - but I always find the Staff on the front line very helpful and echo everything AFKA has said above.
  • Hurrah to this. Well said Sir.
  • The ones I speak to on the phone always have great customer services skills & are always friendly & fully deserve a well done.
  • Yep 100% in agreement, they always seem really helpful and polite even though the girl in the superstore wouldnt tell me what the new away kit looked like ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    the club had to make cutbacks after relegation but managed to maintain a high level of customer service in the sales dept. always polite and helpful when i ring them, away tickets always arrive the next day..a+
  • Well said AFKA
  • Well said, I echo the sentiments of others on this thread, always received very good customer service when phoning the ticket office.
  • Always always treat the people you deal with with respect unless they do not return the favour, as AFKA says the people we get to interact with are not the policy setters and therefore do not deserve to be unloaded on
  • Yup.................. echo those sentiments entirely.
  • Lisa Squires and Nancy who dealt with me yesterday are old drinking buddies from yesteryear and they are nothing but very efficient anytime i've rung up or visited. Specially when i am being picky about where i sit, i can be quite irritating.
  • Sponsored links:

• lol.....
  • Fair play to'em, it must be a bloody nightmare in there when theres a big demand for tickets and 'the computer says no' i would struggle with the aggro... Up The Staff!!
  • Just to give an example, one of my family has had mobility issues for the last few months and can't walk more than about 50 yds. She still wants to go to games though so rather than faff around with the wheelchair, i applied for a disabled access pass to be able to drive down Floyd Rd and drop her at the turnstiles.

When the lady took me details on the phone, she realised we only live a few roads away from her, so she said she would drop it round my house on her way home from work. And has continued to do so since.

She could easily of just put it in the post run like everything else, but its these type of personal touches that are only small things, but really appreciated.

So thank you Nancy.
  • Well done to all of them down there.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Well done to all of them down there.
    Big Ditto
  • edited May 2010
    Totally agree with all the comments above, long may the service continue.

Sorry Curb_it, I didn't mean I agree that you are irritating ;-)
  • Absolutely agree.
  • Completely agree, I do all my contact with CAFC over the phone and the staff and friendly, polite and always helpful - well done everyone, and thanks AFKA for starting this thread
  • I have to say that my own personal experiences of the "counter staff" at The Valley echo what people are saying on this thread. They are always very polite and do everything they possibly can, demonstarting that the customer and the club matter. We should also appreciate that there were staff from other areas of the club who rolled up their sleeves and manned the counters on Monday to ensure that Charlton fans were left in the queue for the minimum time possible. So THANK YOU Charlton staff for being so dedicated to the club and helpful to the supporters who in the main recognise your sterling efforts and who also appreciate the pressures that you are having to work under.
  • Yep, well done from me too!

After spending a very frustrating all day Monday and up till lunchtime yesterday trying to get tickets for the home leg, I finally got through. Now bearing in mind approx. 30 phone calls to the same number are going to show up on the business phone bill statement, I wasn't overly amused. The young guy that answered the phone was very friendly and polite and dealt with my three ticket request quickly and professionally. After he told me all the ticket staff were still there at 7 pm on Monday evening, I didn't have the heart to have a moan. I think we all probably realise that the staff were under extreme pressure with the short notice of actually selling the tickets, so yes, credit where credit is due!
  • Sponsored links:

• Went down last Sunday morning for Swindon home match tickets, and the young woman with the long straight dark brown hair was efficient, charming and helpful. Thank you, agree that many Charlton staff doing that kind of 'hands on' job are really good.
  • Ditto, Just rang for my home tickets, got through in a couple of minutes and was off the phone a minute later.
  • "Can I have your CON number please"
    "Sorry I haven't got it"
    "Your'e a naughty boy! Come on then, what's your name?"

A little bit of humour make a refreshing change from the robots that seem to man most other Box offices/Cll Centres etc.
    Always very helpful at Charlton.
  • Echoed here.
  • Agree with all the above, the staff on the front line have never been anything but top class. Thank you.
  • Agreed, the staff in the ticket office do an excellent job which usually goes unnoticed.
  • How will they know how much they are appreciated?

I also have only good experience to report.
  • Never had anything but a very good service at Charlton. Not just in the ticket office but the suites and club shop as well. Many thanks!
  • I don't often need to speak to the ticket staff, but the few times I have (including this week) they have always been polite, prompt and professional.
  • I have never had any complaints re the staff at our club. In comparisson with some of the clubs i have been to ours are good. Even the guys behind the bar serving drinks tend to smile and have at least a bit of a laugh even though they clearly would rather be other places.