Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tickets sold by Swindon

13»

Comments

• Eaststandmike, the year was 1969 and we were a 3rd division club playing the mighty Arsenal.

Ru1986, Sheff Utd was the other team who went down.
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Eaststandmike, the year was 1969 and we were a 3rd division club playing the mighty Arsenal.

Wow, where did that 41 yeras go, funny how things stick in the mind, as soon as you mentioned Don Rogers the vision of him scoring appeared from the old memory banks as if it were yesterday.

Thanks, I am fekking depressed now ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]You laugh about us getting wet, but like many others, I can honestly say that the game we played at your ground and got soaked is without doubt in my top 10 of greatest games I have ever been too. So I'm hoping for the same on Friday!

'ere, ere. I say save the crappy old grounds - the differences between grounds is one of the reasons away games are more fun than home matches. When the day comes that every team is playing in a shiny St Mary's/Richo/Pride Park etc etc etc clone, football will be a poorer (albeit drier) place imho. You and your clothes will dry but the memories of days like that match at Swindon, Albion away and Yeovil away will live on. All part of the fun innit?
  • Says on our official site that you've sold 13,000 home tickets for monday night.

Long way to go yet before you sell out too then hey? ;)
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Says on our official site that you've sold 13,000 home tickets for monday night.

The Twitter feed said we'd sold 16891 as at 4pm last night
  • Ok, i'm just going by our OS.
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Isawleaburnscore, we were a Premiership team I'll have you know! lol

I meant the last time... ie. the "championship age"... don't worry I remember Glenda getting you there and then buggering off
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Ok, i'm just going by our OS.

They're a bit slow down in the West Country ;0 )
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Says on our official site that you've sold 13,000 home tickets for monday night.

The Twitter feed said we'd sold 16891 as at 4pm last night

Think this includes 3400 swindon in the Jimmy Seed
  • You're right there Valley McMoist, do you know how long it took me to get from my house to The Valley on my tractor?!

One other thing, how do you quote someone on here without it going all weird?! I tried the quote button but can't seem to get it to work!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]You're right there Valley McMoist, do you know how long it took me to get from my house to The Valley on my tractor?!

One other thing, how do you quote someone on here without it going all weird?! I tried the quote button but can't seem to get it to work!!

Make sure you have BBC code selected just below the 'Type Message Here' box and then use the quote button as you did before.
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]You're right there Valley McMoist, do you know how long it took me to get from my house to The Valley on my tractor?!

click on bbcode underneath
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Eaststandmike, the year was 1969 and we were a 3rd division club playing the mighty Arsenal.

Ru1986, Sheff Utd was the other team who went down.

O right thanks for clearing that one up.
  • Thanks! Makes life so much easier!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]If you lived in Swindon and diddnt go to this game you would be clased as a reclouse i can imagine. Why is our west stand not sold out i would have thought all the premiership fans would be back for the playoffs.

Thats where we will be sitting mate lol i think reason we havent got tickets yet is waiting for lines to be not so busy, also keep sending reminders to get a move on but im sure well get ours. was originally going to buy me and my cousins ticket but stepdad is going so said will get friend to sort out tickets so have to be in west stand, worst of it is i have sat in west stand more then north this season bad times :(

(were were the west stand at Yeovil away) .

If i'm not mistaken we sold out Yeovil away.
    It stands to reason that bigger games (and most certainly play off games) will attract bigger crowds than say a game at home to Stockport. You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think the crowd would be the same for Rochdale at home as it would for Chelsea at home.
  • I've wondered for ages now, why did you only bring 1,000 to us?
  • I think we had 3 away games on the trot so I doubt all the regulars went to all three, besides our non-london/home counties away support isn't much to write home about
  • Just been into Charlton's on-line ticketing and hovered the curser over each block. It looks as if there's about 6,700 seats left for Monday's game which means that we've sold approximately between 17 and 18,000?
  • My Swindon mate at work has been on the (Swindon) phone all morning and just managed to get a ticket for the game at our place - he's not a member or anything.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]Isawleaburnscore, we were a Premiership team I'll have you know! lol

LOL good point mate you Oldham and who were the first 3 teams relegated from the prem in 1993 was it not??
    Ru, Oldham stayed up that season, Middlesborough, Palace and Nottingham Forest went down. Swindon came up with Newcastle and West Ham.
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]I've wondered for ages now, why did you only bring 1,000 to us?
    I didn't want to get wet again!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]I've wondered for ages now, why did you only bring 1,000 to us?

we had just taken 446 away to walsall and with 3 home games before that,well something had to give
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe

Ru, Oldham stayed up that season, Middlesborough, Palace and Nottingham Forest went down. Swindon came up with Newcastle and West Ham.

I'm talking about the season we were in the Premiership (93-94)

We went down with Sheff Utd and Oldham.
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe

[/cite]
    [cite]

I'm talking about the season we were in the Premiership (93-94)

We went down with Sheff Utd and Oldham.[/cite]

To be fair to ForD i got it wrong i was talking about the first ever prem season 92-93 i thought you started in the prem the year it was founded 1992 and ForD corrected me my bad sorry.
  • Ticket update from club...

We've sold 12,456 tickets for friday. This includes the 2,200 we gave to you lot.

The last 2,000 should sell tomorrow for a full house.
  • We've sold 2480 tickets for Monday's game too. So only 720 left.
  • if the online ticketing system is anything to go by then i make it that we have 6000 tickets still to shift in the home areas for mondays game, but i could be completely wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]if the online ticketing system is anything to go by then i make it that we have 6000 tickets still to shift in the home areas for mondays game, but i could be completely wrong.

That's roughly what I make it as well plus some additional in the family stand...