Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tickets sold by Swindon

The Swindon website is giving the total amount of tickets sol;d for both legs.

Friday 14th May 2010 (Charlton Athletic, H,

6,800 home tickets sold / Away allocation of 2,200 sold-out

Monday 17th May 2010 (Charlton Athletic, A,

11,000 home tickets sold / 1,800 sold for away

I would doubt that this game will sell out. Swindon should have given Charlton more tickets because at this stage it would appear that Swindon have over estimated the number of their fans that wish to see this match.

Comments

• Well if it doesn't sell out there will be plenty of tickets in the home end for Charlton to buy won't there.
  • edited May 2010
    from Swindon's website, if you're thinking of trying to get some in the home end you might have to find a relative/friend who lives near:

"Town fans wanting to purchase tickets for the Play-Off Semi-Final first leg against Charlton Athletic on Friday should call Ticket Zone on 01271 335716, and NOT the STFC Box Office.

The external call centre are handling all enquiries in an effort to create as little phone line congestion as possible.

Tickets go on general sale from Wednesday morning to supporters who are either on the STFC database or those who have a local postcode."
  • sounds to easy
  • well afka says there's still a few spare ones available ... so get whispering if you want a ticket
    it's beginning to sound like a millwall play off final ticket scenario 'they're all sold out but you can get one if you want cos so and so has a spare.....'
  • Believe me, this will be a sell out!

The reason we've only sold 6,800 home tickets so far is because it's been season ticket holders only for the past 3 days.

They go on general sale today.
  • edited May 2010
    You can keep saying it STFC but people dont appear to be listening to that fact.

whoops. sorry.
  • Sorry I don't follow you?

Our play off game against Brighton sold out easily in 2004 so why won't this one?
  • edited May 2010
    Charlton fans keep saying "get in the swindon end" because you hadnt sold out yesterday EVEN THOUGH it was stated a number of times on different threads that they were only on sale to season tickets holders only... and once they go on general sale they will sell out.
  • Take the 't' out of can't from your previous post B, then it makes sense.

Simples.
  • all said and done they have struggled to sell a 14,000 ground out.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]all said and done they have struggled to sell a 14,000 ground out.

Whereas we're doing brilliantly selling 11k tickets for a 27k ground. Swindon will sell out now they're on general sale.
  • sold far more than 11k Chris for the home game
  • just tried getting tickets for the home end after missing out on the away tickets
    now finding it difficult to trick their system

if anyone has spares please let me know via whisper
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]sold far more than 11k Chris for the home game

I haven't seen exact numbers so was just going on the first post in this thread. I still think it's harsh to say they've struggled to sell it out when only ST holders were able to buy up until last night. It'll be interesting to see how many have been sold by the end of today.
  • edited May 2010
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Take the 't' out of can't from your previous post B, then it makes sense.

Simples.

whoops. i think ill edit the slow bit now...
  • Im sure they will sell out its only 12,000 tickets,but hardly the mad rush we seem to be having,looks like near a full house for the home game.
  • CAFCofficial Latest ticket news on the home leg v Swindon is that 16,891 tickets for Monday's game had been sold just after 4pm (MW) #cafc
    about 15 hours ago
  • wonder if that ifgure includes the 1800 swindon tickets?
  • think it does reckon over 20,000 by end of today
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcadam[/cite]
    if anyone has spares please let me know via whisper

Adam, and any others, please read the stickied thread and reply.

There are still some tickets floating around. But i need to know in the next hour
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]all said and done they have struggled to sell a 14,000 ground out.

How exactly did you come to that conclusion?!

Under the restrictions they set, I'd imagine almost everyone who could buy a ticket did.

Just because STFC are not as stupid and badly organised as CAFC doesnot mean they are struggling to sell anything

Almost as much utter rubbish as:
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]they have a few days to sell them,dont want them selling slow with restrictions as per usual,well done the club .

Look how that turned out, eh.
  • never said they would not sell out Stu regarding the second quote you got me there!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]wonder if that ifgure includes the 1800 swindon tickets?

I think I read in a post of Airmans saying that those figures include an assumption that the jimmy seed is a sell out (3,800 seats)

Meaning we've sold just over 13k home tickets.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]never said they would not sell out Stu regarding the second quote you got me there!!

My point was more that STFC are not 'struggling' to sell them, they are just not selling them like idiots, as we saw at CAFC.
  • nope your wrong there.
  • How exactly am I wrong? They must have had close to 100% take up by their season ticket holders.
  • And sold just over another 1k tickets since this morning, when they went on general sale.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]How exactly am I wrong? They must have had close to 100% take up by their season ticket holders.

sorry to butt in on your little debate here but changing the subject for a second, how did you manage to change your avatar? i still cant upload one. Is it because you are one of the special ones so you can always change it :-)
  • i mean what we have sold Stu.