Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swindon away ticket restrictions (13.50 Update - SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    AFKA vs Henry
    Steve Waggot vs Airman Brown

In Harry Hill's words there's only one way to settle this:
    FIGHT!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]AFKA vs Henry
    Steve Waggot vs Airman Brown

In Harry Hill's words there's only one way to settle this:
    FIGHT!!!!!!!

AFKA would win. He's bigger than me and he'd just delete all my sarcastic but cutting responses : - )
  • Options
    Excellent complaint SXAddick, you have nailed it there.

After the credible way they dealt with the home leg, they have let themselves down massively with this debacle.
  • Options
    Good point about Wembley, i don't want to be stuck in the gods should we get there.
  • Options
    Ive travelled as far north as Carlisle and as far south as Exeter, went to both debacle league and fa cup away matches, spent from 9am to 2pm on the phone this morning getting a much bigger mobile phone bill in the process and no ticket.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Any idea if we will get any more tickets from Swindon, they normally give away fans around 3000 or so I thought as away fans behind goal and to the side?
  • Options
    no chance .
  • Options
    Shrew, JT, SX et al, Please leave your details on the stickied waiting list thread, and hopefully if anyone hears of a spare they will know the deserving ones to keep an eye out for.
  • Options
    I have just complained and it is the first time I have complained to the club.

Absolute disgrace :-(
  • Options
    Just replying to Chris from Sidcup

Mate, it is an issue if you have been trying all day to get your season ticket seat.

The deadline is 5pm tonight, i might be lucky and get mine in the morning who knows.

I couldnt do it online as upgrading a child to an adult and couldnt get to the ground even though i work in London.

If it was my job and i left at 5 with something important needing sorting i would get a kicking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a wasted day, I've been busy at work but still reckon I've called nearly 100 times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Just replying to Chris from Sidcup

Mate, it is an issue if you have been trying all day to get your season ticket seat.

The deadline is 5pm tonight, i might be lucky and get mine in the morning who knows.

I couldnt do it online as upgrading a child to an adult and couldnt get to the ground even though i work in London.

If it was my job and i left at 5 with something important needing sorting i would get a kicking

Deadline has been extended till tomorrow at 5
  • Options
    Is it worth getting together some sort of joint letter on this. It should show the weight of feeling behind the injustice here. I luckily didnt have any meetings this morning so went to valley on the way to work but that doesnt stop me feeling angry

Just something simple like

" The Charlton Life members are disgusted at the way the tickets for away game at Swindon have been distributed. We believe that not giving preference to supporters who regularly travel away or to Valley Gold members has been a serious misjudgement by the club. This has meant that many deserving fans have missed out, many others have been inconvenienced and others financially out of pocket. Most, including those who got tickets, were very frustrated by the process. Getting to the play off semi final and with a strong prospect of Wembley and promotion should have been an exciting time for supporters. The following members have signed up and believe that firstly the club owes its fans an apology but more importantly a promise to ensure that such a sitaution never arises again"

I'm sure this can be set up by someone who can get us all to be our names on it -
  • Options
    I'll happily support Redman's proposal.
  • Options
    Im more than happy to support the sending of redman's letter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SXAddick[/cite]I'll happily support Redman's proposal.

Same here ... I was one of the fortunate ones although it took more than 2 hours and close to 100 calls and I just made it before I had to get a plane to Frankfurt.

Now reading this from my hotel it is deplorable how many regulars failed to get a ticket.

Airman mentioned that he would raise it at Target 40k meeting tonight so will be interesting to get his feedback tomorrow.

I intended to write a letter / email to the club but will happily sign a CL group letter.
  • Options
    Me too!
  • Options
    I will happily support the sending of redman's letter
  • Options
    I also managed to get tickets thanks to the efforts of my brother who was able to get down to the ground, but doesnt stop me being livid both on behalf of others who have unfairly missed out and also based on the fact that I might have missed out.
  • Options
    GOT MINE AND JOES PLUS 2 OTHERS THIS MORNING,DONE MORE AWAY GAMES THIS YEAR THAN MANY A YEAR,BUT SYMPATHISE WITH ALL THOSE THAT MISSED OUT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the organisation and prioritisation for the selling of the away ticket sales has been an utter disgrace. I have been to every away game this season in the league and cups, but had an important final year university exam this morning. As a result i was unable to get to the Valley until 2pm and by then they had sold out. At least 1 day of priority should have been set aside to those who have attended the most away games this season. It seems my committment to the lcub by attending all away games, abd buying a 5 year season ticket are completely unvalued by the club.

Can i ask Demodainty how you can afford to go every away game and buy a 5year season ticket whilst at uni ? Sounds to me you could afford to buy the club.
  • Options
    I wish i could afford to buy the club, im sure i could improve some of the organisation.
  • Options
    Let's all double up at the gate in Swindon, can't fail!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What an absolute f*cking disgrace.

Couldn't get down there due to work. Had a mate ringing from 9am to 12.00 when he gave up.

I cancelled my work appointments in the afternoon and arrived at the Valley at 1.30, was behind Carter. Sold out at 1.40ish, with 50 people in front of me.

I'm a 5 yr S/T holder, a S/T holder since 1973. Missed 6 home games in 37 years and have gone to the majority of away games over those 37 years.

This season have been to every home game (not missed one for about 17 years) & been to all away league games apart from Tranmere, Carlisle, Stockport, Walsall and Millwall. Also went to Hereford A on a Tuesday night.

Whoever, decided not to value their most loyal fans for the most important game of the season so far, should resign forthwith or be sacked.

I have never been so angry with Charlton for a long long time.
  • Options
    Oh dear. I just read drinking during the game blog also. There are a lot of upset people about and I dont blame them.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Waggott out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]What an absolute f*cking disgrace.
    apart from Tranmere, Carlisle, Stockport, Walsall and Millwall.

disgraceful
  • Options
    I've just e mailed dave Archer :-

Dear Dave,

I Couldn't get down to The Valley today, due to work. I had a mate ringing from 9am to 12.00 when he gave up.

I was trying to get tickets for myself and 2 sons, U21 & U16, who are also S/T holders and have attended many away games this season.

I cancelled my work appointments in the afternoon and arrived at the Valley at 1.30. Sold out at 1.40ish, with 50 people in front of me.

I'm a 5 yr S/T holder, a S/T holder since 1973. Missed 6 home games in 37 years and have gone to the majority of away games over those 37 years.

This season I have been to every home game (not missed one for about 17 years) & have been to all away league games apart from Tranmere, Carlisle, Stockport, Walsall and Millwall. Also went to Hereford A on a Tuesday night.

I dilligently gave my CON number for every away game to ensure that when the most important games came, I would be recognised for my undoubted loyalty.

The priority system was disregarded when we most needed it, in favour of a possible 1,000 people who DO NOT even support Charlton. (On the basis that a S/T holder was allowed to buy 2 tickets.

All that was needed was a little common sense and priority given on the same basis, that had been administered all season for a period of 24 hours. Then at least the most loyal supporters would have had a chance.

What a total kick in the teeth.

Whoever, decided not to value their most loyal fans for the most important game of the season so far, should resign forthwith or be sacked.

I have never been so angry with Charlton for a long long time.

I would like to threaten that I would take some form of retribution by non attendance etc, but of course I could never do that,as my love for Charlton is a marriage that could never be broken.

I think the only time I have been more disappointed was in 1985 when I was handed "A message to our supporters" - we are moving to Selhurst Park.

Please can you advise me who made this pathetic and totally unjust decision ?

Yours .............
  • Options
    If it is true that Steve Waggott arrived for work at the Valley at 1.15 pm, could he have been having some time off in lieu after going to the Oldham game (which is work I assume)?
    Oh belay that, he works 24/7 so there is no time off in lieu available. Perhaps he was researching the role of a football clubs Director of Football, or perhaps there were personal reasons why he arrived around lunchtime. Either way Steve Waggott will have ensured there were excellent processes in place for play-off ticket sales, and would have no need to monitor the situation. My understanding is that every one is happy about ticket distri.....doh!
    Sorry should have read this thread right through.
  • Options
    Must admit, for a game like this, 2,000 tickets being sold 2 per season ticket holder sounds bloody ridiculous.

Admittedly, one would think that season ticket holders are buying tickets for other regulars, so it's not going to be full of bandwagon jumpers, but for so many fans who have clearly been very loyal over the years to be fucked over like this does appear to be a huge cock up.