Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v Charlton playoff 1st leg ticket info

13»

Comments

• Just bought my ticket for the Monday night game from the Commercial Centre.

Doing a good trade and open until 3pm today.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Looks that way stonemuse

I'm just gonna take the morning off work tomorrow and head down about half 8.

Got to go to airport at 11.30 so will be on phone from 09.00 onwards!
  • yep be phoning from 9, bit of a blow only getting 2k
  • [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]Yes we should be tight with our allocation as they have been tight with there's.

I think you will find that us getting 2k tickets from a 14700 capacity is a better allocation than them getting 3k tickets out of 27k at the Valley.
  • This could be the first play-off game I've missed. Going to be hard for me to get a ticket for the away leg. Already got the home game but I'm in Brighton Monday, Tuesday for a conference so will have to commute from there Monday night.
  • Anyone know what the coach pickup times are likely to be for the 1st leg from the usual places, preferably Bexleyheath?
  • I'm still confused at the statement on the OS.

the first paragraph says from monday season ticket holders..........will be able to buy up to 2 tkts.....for friday.
    Next para talks of away purchase history.

My reading of this is that they are available to all season tkt holders or anyone with an away history.
    So NO preference is being given to season tkts with an away history over those that haven't

Also no pref for Valley Gold
  • PS couldn't get through to tkt office to get this confirmed
  • "From 9am on Monday, season-ticket holders or Valley Gold members will be able to purchase up to two tickets each for Friday's away match."

Why on earth are people allowed to get TWO tickets per s/t holder?
    Does that mean 1k s/t holders could quite easily ring up and buy a ticket for themselves and a ticket for a mate who isn't even a s/t holder?

Or have i read that wrong?
  • looks fair to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Well if 3000 will go quickly for a club that averages just over 8000 gates at home, imagine how quick 2000 will go to a club that averages 18000. It's all relevant.
  • rocking robin: problem with us is that if we give you more than 3k than we have to close home stands, move season ticket holders from their seats etc. Everyone gets offered the Jimmy Seed whether you're Chelsea, Man United or Swindon. Some teams this year have brought about 50 people in a 3000 stand but they still had the full allocation. To me you guys have taken the piss abit by not offering us the full away allocation at your place.
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite] What happened to priority for those who have been to 4 or more away games ... does this mean that even those who have only been to one away game have equal priority?

We all know the problem with that though. For example I've been to 14 away games this season but have only 1 on my red card, because you could get most on the day or for Gills and Millsmall thru mates. Imo think it's a fair way of doing it, cos red card numbers arent always taken, but there is still priority for those who go away. If the red card system was more efficient (and perhaps allowed you to add tix purchased on the day at away games somehow) then it would be right that there was a minimum game requirements
  • Doesn't take long/much for people to start moaning, does it.
  • im losing sleep over that already, give them more please
  • The only way your get tickets in the home end is to get a Charlton fan to buy them for you, you need to be a member and have a previous purchase history.
  • Allez - I agree that the red card system is inefficient but I don't think that it can be argued that because that system is not full proof it is fairer to just simply say sod it anyone can have a ticket.

I have actually made every effort to make sure that every time i buy away tickets, I make the person at the box office take down our red card nos to ensure that they are registered properly in the event that this happens, so whilst the staff at the box office are pretty disorganised in this respect, it is still possible to make sure that they take your numbers down and the club have said since the start of the season that purchasers should do this as in order to make sure that they are sufficiently prioritised for away games.

The tickets should be divvied out as normal and I do not see any reason why this has been thrown out of the window.
  • I think two per person is wrong. It doesn't say what stand we are in either but I'm assuming it's the one behind the goal, uncovered, which seems to be split between home/away fans although wasn't used at all when we visited during the season.
  • Anyone know of any cheap train fares. National rail is £48!
  • The uncovered area behind the goal holds 2100, so it's safe to assume, as we have 2042, that is where we will be.

As for the allocation by Charlton - yes it is a fookin joke.

I'm a S/T holder who has missed about 3 away league games this season and I have no priority over a non supporter who can get a ticket from their CAFC S/T holder mate.

I know there isn't much time, but they could have given 1 day priority & sold only 1 ticket per S/T, VG, Red Card Holder with away record this season.

Disgraceful.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Allez - I agree that the red card system is inefficient but I don't think that it can be argued that because that system is not full proof it is fairer to just simply say sod it anyone can have a ticket.

I have actually made every effort to make sure that every time i buy away tickets, I make the person at the box office take down our red card nos to ensure that they are registered properly in the event that this happens, so whilst the staff at the box office are pretty disorganised in this respect, it is still possible to make sure that they take your numbers down and the club have said since the start of the season that purchasers should do this as in order to make sure that they are sufficiently prioritised for away games.

The tickets should be divvied out as normal and I do not see any reason why this has been thrown out of the window.

but as i said in my original post that doesn't answer the whole problem of buying on the day at grounds like Carlisle, Stockport, Tranmere etc. Tbf to the ticket staff everytime I've got a ticket from the ticket office they ask for my card number in order to send it to me. I don't really how to deal with the problem I'm suggesting, other than turning up to the ticket office with all my stubs but it is an effect of having away tix on sale on the day.

Whatever they do they'll gonna piss some people off though
  • Sponsored links:

• yeh agree with the turn up on the day thing, that is difficult to solve easily.

dont really agree that whatever theyll do theyll piss some people off. if they had just done the usual restrictions i don't think there are many people who would have cause to moan, except yourself perhaps but i would imagine that there are relatively few in your boat who have been to most away games and always bought on the day - i reckon most regular away travellers will have at least 4 away games bought via the red card.
  • [cite]Posted By: rocking robin[/cite] Weve had problems with our supporters in the past and they tend to come out of the woodwork for big games , thats why im glad we avoided millwall .

Is that why you didn't even sell out Millwall on saturday? From what i saw on the highlights the entire lower tier was empty.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_4life[/cite]Anyone know of any cheap train fares. National rail is £48!

Yep, same thing - I'm sure someone said somewhere yesterday they'd found fares for £12 ?
  • cafc4life i have found returns for 19quid and 23quid departing from london mainline stations...any use? when i need a ticket i always use either megabus website or, in this case, www.raileasy.co.uk ..... it's always the cheapest in my opinion. hope this helps
  • or if it iss just all about budget.....get the megabus down there for a fiver, and a single back on the train for 7.50
  • edited May 2010
    Depending when you travel the First Great Western site is good. I'm leaving at 11:48 and that is costing me £9.50 and coming back on Saturday afternoon for £9.50 again. £19 return was quite good I thought and it only takes an hour.