Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oldham 0-2 Charlton Post match views

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Great day, great atmosphere. Still smiling from it all. COYR!

How was the coach trip sideways, interesting?
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Credit to Leeds for turning it around when the pressure was on.

Yesterday, after a big cheer, the bloke behind me told me that Leeds had gone 2-0 down. 10 minutes later I was told that it was 1-1 and that the spanners had also taken the lead. Que sera sera.........

Oh and yes, the Oldham mini-hooligans were hilarious! Some of them had clearly had too much Sunny Delight as well!

Yeh the WUMs were getting on my nerves. Glad I took a radio. People were asking me to confirm all sorts that hadn't happened.

It was some of the younger Charlton fans in the top corner seemed to be getting texts from their mates who were lying and taking them as gospel.
  • I think a special mention for waggy, dailly, randolph and richardson (aologies if i missed any they was all i see) coming through the oldham fans on the pitch to applaud the away section.
  • Was any one else amused that the Oldham police and stewards lined up nearly shoulder to shoulder facing the Charlton fans at the end who just cheered and clapped while the Oldham teenagers invaded the pitch behind them! Like the first scenes of MASH when they're all looking the wrong way for the helicopter. They're behind you........
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I think a special mention for waggy, dailly, randolph and richardson (aologies if i missed any they was all i see) coming through the oldham fans on the pitch to applaud the away section.

Don't like it when pitch invasions happen - it seems to scare some of the players who then bolt for the changing rooms. Much rather everyone stayed in the stands and we could give them a proper send off.
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Ten clean sheets in the first 38 games, but then five more in the final eight games. Take a bow, Darren Randolph. If he had been given the gloves instead of Ikeme earlier in the season, might things have turned out differently?

Randy's made some fine saves but for me the key reason we've been getting clean-sheets is the Racon-Semedo pairing being reunited (lots of atleticism and tackling plus good ball retention) and Dailly's return to his best form.

I'm loving all these clean sheets - echoes of the 97/98 season anyone? Finished 4th in a tight league and ended the season with a new goalie and a run of cleansheets and 1-0s. We all know how that season ended.
  • edited May 2010
    a 2-0 win and it was all rather comfortable really. didn't think that we played particularly well more that oldham were very poor.randy had quite an easy ride in goal with nothing to deal apart from some dodgy pass backs which i never felt happy with.still another clean sheet and i guess what might have been if he had have been given a run sooner.defence and midfield were ok too but i thought mooney and burton offered nothing of a threat.in the second half when mooney was played clean through he got outsmarted by their defender despite having a 5 yard headstart and i think he was substituted through sheer embarrassment.

crowd were great and gave really good support despite only being 1300 for such a big game, although some weirdos were celebrating every silly rumour that they were being fed. fool me twice, shame on me - these clowns got fooled a dozen times! we had an ear to the live leeds game and for 10 or so minutes there was a flicker of belief that we would be witnessing a miracle,but not to be.thankfully millwall are still in this league and so if it wasn't us going up at this point,then i am pleased for leeds.feel dirty saying that.
  • Was a very comfortable performance. We seem to have solid look about of us which can only be a good thing for the play offs.
  • Great atmosphere! easy 3 points really. Just did what we had to do. our Midfield bossed the game, racon and semedo were superb! should have scored more. Randolph hardly had a save to make.

Bring on Swindon
  • edited May 2010
    couple of dodgey moments with randy and llera but i do feel our keepers do not communicate or command their box with any real authority ...
    comfortable victory tho...
    1,300 fans(really , really poor numbers) great noise with a nice echoey roof but how many times did we react to a bullshit scoreline and i think some were coming from oldham fans(that's why i had my terrace tranny in tow)
    play offs it is and i can't admit to being too optimistic about our chances due to the lack of goals currently in our team

i see us 45% lose in the play off semi's, 35% lose in the final and 20% win the play offs
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]couple of dodgey moments with randy and llera but i do feel our keepers do not communicate or command their box with any real authority ...
    1,300 fans(really , really poor numbers) great noise with a nice echoey roof but how many times did we react to a bullshit scoreline and i think some were coming from oldham fans(that's why i had my terrace tranny in tow)
    play offs it is and i can't admit to being too optimistic about our chances due to the lack of goals currently in our team

i see us 45% lose in the play off semi's, 35% lose in the final and 20% win the play offs
    so positive as usual
  • edited May 2010
    come on dazzler i nailed my flag to the 'we're in the play offs' a long time ago ....
    i know i'm usually right and it annoys people but that's just life
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]couple of dodgey moments with randy and llera but i do feel our keepers do not communicate or command their box with any real authority ...

Don't get that. if we're 45% to lose semi's then we must be 55% to win them.

If we're 35% to lose in the final, we must be 65% to win it.

So how come we're 20% to win play off's ? Surely we must be more than 50% to win them ?
  • to beat swindon on friday we are 9/4. for us to get to the final we are 8/11 and you'll get 3/1 for us to go up
  • Was in the player's lounge or whatever it's called, thanks to an Oldham mate whose uncle's on the board. No Charlton players there though. Met Parky, who was already focused on Swindon. He was a gent, especially considering how pished I was!
  • At the match a guy was sitting in front of me who is a local Bury fan. He said he knows Parky from his days at Bury and always goes to watch Parky's team play whenever in the NW - has a very high regard fro him - just thought that was interesting??????????