Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oldham 0-2 Charlton Post match views

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Well we did all we could in this game and were ever so unfortunate. Quick goals from Leeds and Millwall put the scuppers on our promotion party....for now.

COME ON YOU ADDICKS

Comments

• To be honest, wasn't expecting to go up today before play and the play off place i wanted us to finish in has happened.

Swindon away first is the best we could have hoped for imo. Taking very good form into the play offs, Charlton v Millwall at Wembley - it's written!!
  • JT

i reckon you are spot on except i think we could play hudds in the final
  • For 10 minutes we were promoted ....... well that was a taste, now we need to finish the job!
  • My thoughts exactly Oggy, but I think it was nearer 15 minutes.
  • poor old gillingham
  • dirty leeds going mental on the bbc... disgusts me...... though they did deserve it!
  • how thick is Grayson! "We are back where we belong!!" Plum.

Fancy us vs Swindon but need Hudders to do that lot.
  • Swindon not in great shape and Huddersfield might just be able to do Millwall

as already stated I wasn't expecting promotion today so it's worked out as well as it could
  • As expected.

Now we need big balls to go win the play-offs.

COYR
  • well done to parky and the boys, going from a team that was crap last year, and others added this season only on free transfers and loan players.

They took us to the last game to possibly clinch automatic promotion showing the spirit and passion that again exists within the club.

To stop the rot that had happened in the last 3 years is a tremendous effort and we should be proud of them all.

Onwards and hopefully upwards we march!
  • Sponsored links:

• Other thing to note is, us and Swindon are both teams that are hard to beat. We've lost the least out of all League 1 clubs, but i think our form is better going into the two games.

Have to say i'm feeling good about getting to Wembley, and we all know what we can do at Wembley!
  • Just that lots goals.

Morison terrorised Swindon.

On their 2nd goal a bloke falls face first in a row of netting.
  • Just to add;

The team have done tremendously well to turn round a season after the post xmas slump where the haters were speculating we'd finish outside the play-offs. The last few games the spirit has been apparant, something that has been non existent the last 3 seasons. These boys really want to go up.
  • edited May 2010
    Fri 14th May
    Semi-Final 1st leg

Charlton vs Swindon

19:45

Sat 15th May
    Semi-Final 1st leg

Huddersfield v Millwall
    12:15

Mon 17th May
    Semi-Final 2nd leg

Swindon v Charlton

Tues 18th May
    Semi-Final 2nd leg

Millwall v Huddersfield

The League 1 Play-Off Final will be played at Wembley on Saturday May 29th
    Please Note
    Charlton Athletic must play a home 1st leg on Friday*.
  • That's wrong Dazzler
  • Why do we have to play 1st leg at home?
  • bloody hell im nervous already....
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Why do we have to play 1st leg at home?
    not sure why? Got it off Football league website but i was confused by it too
  • 'Charlton Athletic must play a home 1st leg on Friday*.'

Eh?
  • Seems odd that 3rd place have advantage of playing second leg at home and 5th do. Oh well fancy us over both so it's academic.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's not right, they can't change the rules of 4th having the home leg!
  • That was if Millwall were at home as well . Not 100 per cent sure, but i reckon
    Away on friday and home on the monday, followed by Wembley on the 29th.
  • edited May 2010
    it is definitely confirmed friday at home away and monday away home
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Why do we have to play 1st leg at home?
    No, if we had a home first leg we'd have to play it on the Friday. But we don't, so it's not an issue.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Why do we have to play 1st leg at home?
    IF we'd been 5th or 6th and therefore at home for the first leg it would have been on the Friday night to avoid clashing footballo fans in london with the cup final on the same day (the assumption being Millwall would end up 2nd/3rd/4th with any home game being the 2nd leg).
    Now a redundant clause.
  • [cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]That was if Millwall were at home as well . Not 100 per cent sure, but i reckon
    Away on friday and home on the monday, followed by Wembley on the 29th.

Makes sense. Bet they are looking forward to 80,000 of us travelling to wembley from SE London and Kent and back if the inevitable happens.

I will be packing an extra tartan blanket for that one as no doubt my flask of hot ribena will get spilled amidst all the excitement.
  • We are away in the first leg because we finished above Swindon. End of!
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]it is definitely confirmed friday at home and monday away
    Other way around

LEAGUE 1 PLAY-OFFS CONFIRMED
    Posted on: 08.05.2010
    Coca-Cola League 1 Play-Offs

First Legs

Friday 14th May 2010

Swindon Town v Charlton Athletic - kick off 19.45

Saturday 15th May 2010

Huddersfield Town v Millwall - kick off 12.15

Second Legs

Monday 17th May 2010

Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town - kick off 19.45

Tuesday 18th May 2010

Millwall v Huddersfield Town - kick off 19.45

The League 1 Play-Off Final will be played at Wembley on Saturday May 29th
    http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20100508/league-1-play-offs-confirmed_2248206_2047006
  • swindon capacity only about 14.5k so we will have a hefty proportion of the gate ... hopefully home game we can get close to selling out
  • Dazzler...WTF mate?