Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

does anyone know where this is?

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]And my first house from birth was 135 Victoria way . Best I start supporting Charlton then.

Is there a blue plaque?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]And my first house from birth was 135 Victoria way . Best I start supporting Charlton then.

Is there a blue plaque?

There is .... but it's red
  • So, a clear pattern is beginning to emerge. True Charlton fans have, at some stage of their lives, either lived in Victoria Way or worked at Johnson & Phillips (aka Delta Cables for the JCL's).

Schools then .... Fossdene (of course). Sherington Road (of course). Might stretch to Our Lady of Grace.

Any others?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]So, a clear pattern is beginning to emerge. True Charlton fans have, at some stage of their lives, either lived in Victoria Way or worked at Johnson & Phillips (aka Delta Cables for the JCL's).

Schools then .... Fossdene (of course). Sherington Road (of course). Might stretch to Our Lady of Grace.

Any others?

What do you mean, stretch to our lady of grace, it was just up the road from victoria way ... and I went there ;-)
  • And Tavern worked for Thorn for years on Victoria Way way back when it was there.
  • talking of plaques. Why is the North Stand opening plaque cordoned off?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]talking of plaques. Why is the North Stand opening plaque cordoned off?

they are currently in the process of putting the palace badge there for groundsharing when they get evicted
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]talking of plaques. Why is the North Stand opening plaque cordoned off?

they are currently in the process of putting the palace badge there for groundsharing when they get evicted

LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]talking of plaques. Why is the North Stand opening plaque cordoned off?

LOL!

You won't laugh when you get re-named as Eagles Bar ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]So, a clear pattern is beginning to emerge. True Charlton fans have, at some stage of their lives, either lived in Victoria Way or worked at Johnson & Phillips (aka Delta Cables for the JCL's).

Any others?

My Mum worked at Johnson and Phillips for a while does that count?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]

LOL!

iv already noticed on the floyds algarve bar a sneaky signed palace shirt on the wall!

tut...whats that all about ;-)
  • Well we get as many of them as we do Charlton fans in...
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]

LOL!

iv already noticed on the floyds algarve bar a sneaky signed palace shirt on the wall!

tut...whats that all about ;-)

Yeah, we have commented on that but he even has a spanners one!
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Well we get as many of them as we do Charlton fans in...

... oooh bit bitchy P ;-)

we need to get a marketing drive going for the summer
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]So, a clear pattern is beginning to emerge. True Charlton fans have, at some stage of their lives, either lived in Victoria Way or worked at Johnson & Phillips (aka Delta Cables for the JCL's).

Any others?

My Mum worked at Johnson and Phillips for a while does that count?

Yup, family who worked at J&P, Delta and/or Thorn seems OK to me.

Anyone remember the old bell at J&P? I think it rang at 7am.
  • My best mate (when I was at charlton manor) lived in the first house on Victoria way as you come down from the shops, opposite the springfield, wasn't any of you lot was it?
    His name was Darren and it was in 1975/76.
  • Just found this on J&P.

http://atlantic-cable.com/CableCos/JohnsonPhillips/index.htm

The oil painting from 1877 seems like it might be looking back towards Victoria Way (probably Victoria Road then) along the railway, so taken from where Inverine Road becomes Delafield Road now?
  • edited April 2010
    Coincidentally Charlton "The Friendly River Town", is a town in Victoria, Australia. The original inhabitants of the region were the Jaara Aborigines. After extensive travels throughout the region by Major Thomas Mitchell, settlement by Europeans occurred in 1848 when Robert Cay and William Kaye established a station and named the region after a town in Greenwich, England
  • My Dad worked at "Stones Foundry" we lived in Springfield Grove not quite as upmarket as Victoria way. ; )
    Stones Foundry playing fields (where pc world amongst others is) was used by Charlton as a training ground. But you all knew that anyway. : )
  • As for old schools invicta road just off westcombe park THREEsets of twins in my class ,still have old class photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lived in Springfield Grove and married Dave Rudd's neighbour from 11 Victoria Way. Council house boy who married above his station.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dippenhall[/cite]Lived in Springfield Grove and married Dave Rudd's neighbour from 11 Victoria Way. Council house boy who married above his station.

Wow! One of the Rolls girls or are we talking more recently?
  • One of the very same Dave - Jackie.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dippenhall[/cite]One of the very same Dave - Jackie.

Might have some old photos somewhere ... when we were both under ten. I'll take a look.