Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Dowie or Pardew

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
If you had to choose one to manage Charlton again who would it be and why. I'm doing this becuase of something being said in another thread and i'm interested... Oh and can we please remember to keep the swearing out as i know this may provoke a few effs..

Comments

• Money on has beens and risky forigners ala jimmy trajore and diawa or millions on un proven talent ala varney mcleod and hundreds of loans.... I so wanted pards to be our man and do the business, dowie had new ideas on trainning and tactics and had to have the hangover from curbs on his shoulders... if it was the pards who went down with then yes but if it was pards from championship then hell no. Dowie should have had 20 games minium. To sum up...

Dowie... ducks for cover may have been crap but no arrogange or attidude pardew had.
  • Dowie is at least a humanable person.

Pardew is pure arrogance without talent. HATE
  • Dowie all day long. If Pardew ever stepped foot in the Valley has a member of Charlton staff again id seriously think about not supporting the club ever again. Cannot stand him.
  • how did you do that?
  • can't do it, can't choose...
  • edited March 2010
    i would only vote in a neither category !

If my life depended on it though, Dowie.

Don't think i've ever disliked anyone as much as pardew
  • You have to vote or you die!
  • What AFKA said, I think. Couldn't put up with Pardew's love of signing players. There is always one more player out there Pardew likes the look of. Though we never really saw what sort of manager Dowie would have become like we did with Pardew.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]can't do it, can't choose...

Come on be brave :-)
  • Dowie all day long over Pardew.....I still think Dowie wasn't probably given quite enough time and think potentially he 'could've' done o.k
  • Sponsored links:

• Would never vote for either...

You need a third choice...

NONE...!!!
  • if i had to (and have done for the benefit of the thread) it'd be dowie.
  • Wow Dowie 78% so far god Pardew wasn't liked was he
  • Dowie but only cos i had too also i think we panicked a bit quick so he never got the time it justified sacked for other reasons than results
  • does not compute.......does not compute......does not compute
  • Dowie not sure why but I still think he should have been given a little longer if there was nothing going on behind the scenes that caused a generally tolerent board to sack him. Will we ever know ?
  • Both wasted loads of money on rubbish but always thought we would stay up while Dowie was there. Apart from the Man U game we always battled and gave a good account while he was there and was probably unlucky not to have accumulated more points than we had when he left - still a cu nt though!
  • Neither. I'd rather die!
  • edited March 2010
    Pardew, I still don't believe we would of gone down had he remained in charge last season despite how bad things were getting. I know a lot of people have a big dislike for him but he can spot a good player or two - Zheng Zhi, Song, Racon, Semedo, Bougherra, Sam Sodje, Moutaouakil, Bailey. Granted with everyone of these came a Varney, Todorov, Sinclair (s), Christensen, Dickson, Fleetwood, McLeod(unfortunately). Also he gave us a fighting chance of staying up in the Premiership and I will always be thankful for that so I don't actually have a major dislike of him like everyone else.

Dowie on the other hand wasted a lot more money on utter crap, only Diawara and Carson did anything that season and it's funny how one man can turn what was supposed to be a push for Europe into getting relegated, his training methods were weird and getting the team lost on a run just hours before a crucial match is laughable. At least Pardew never did anything like that.
  • For once, I'm abstaining.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Pardew, I still don't believe we would of gone down had he remained in charge last season despite how bad things were getting. I know a lot of people have a big dislike for him but he can spot a good player or two - Zheng Zhi, Song, Racon, Semedo, Bougherra, Sam Sodje, Moutaouakil, Bailey. Granted with everyone of these came a Varney, Todorov, Sinclair (s), Christensen, Dickson, Fleetwood, McLeod(unfortunately). Also he gave us a fighting chance of staying up in the Premiership and I will always be thankful for that so I don't actually have a major dislike of him like everyone else

Dowie on the other hand wasted a lot more money on utter crap, only Diawara and Carson did anything and it's funny how man can turn what was supposed to be a push for Europe into getting relegated, his training methods were weird and getting the team lost on a run just hours before a crucial match is laughable. At least Pardew never did anything like that.

Cannot agree here. If the 'good players' in your list were any good we wouldn't have been relegated last season. They certainly weren't good enough for the Championship. I accept Bougherra has gone on to better things, but I thought he was shocking for us (but let's not get into that).

Dowie also signed fat boy Reidy. Dowie's ratio of good:bad signings is probably better than Pardew's, but that's not saying much.

Didn't Uncle Les find ZZ? I may be wrong.
  • never mention uncle les
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]never mention uncle les

LOL, sorry Nolly
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]For once, I'm abstaining.
    Come on you know you want to
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite][quote][
    Cannot agree here. If the 'good players' in your list were any good we wouldn't have been relegated last season. They certainly weren't good enough for the Championship. I accept Bougherra has gone on to better things, but I thought he was shocking for us (but let's not get into that).

Dowie also signed fat boy Reidy. Dowie's ratio of good:bad signings is probably better than Pardew's, but that's not saying much.

Didn't Uncle Les find ZZ? I may be wrong.[/quote]

I think a lot of the management had to do with that rather than the players, I personally spoke to Matt Holland myself and told him my view that with the squad we had any old average manager could have kept us up and he agreed with me. ZZ has gone on to a bigger club, Song is a regular for Arsenal now and as for the others you cannot tell me they are not good enough for the Championship?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Didn't Uncle Les find ZZ? I may be wrong.

I think a lot of the management had to do with that rather than the players, I personally spoke to Matt Holland myself and told him my view that with the squad we had any old average manager could have kept us up and he agreed with me. ZZ has gone on to a bigger club, Song is a regular for Arsenal now and as for the others you cannot tell me they are not good enough for the Championship?

Half of those players are definitely not good enough for the Championship. Even if I agreed that the management was to blame rather than the players (which I don't), if these players were any good we'd have Championship clubs knocking on the door for them, which hasn't happened.
  • Not really fair to ask, given that Dowie didn't have enough time to be reviled to the same extent as Pardew. Given the same amount of time, and similar results? Tough call, but for very different reasons...
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Dowie all day long over Pardew.....I still think Dowie wasn't probably given quite enough time and think potentially he 'could've' done o.k

Agreed.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite][quote]
    Half of those players are definitely not good enough for the Championship. Even if I agreed that the management was to blame rather than the players (which I don't), if these players were any good we'd have Championship clubs knocking on the door for them, which hasn't happened.[/quote]

Well according to the papers clubs have come in for Bailey and Racon and I'm sure if we don't go up or even if we do there will be interest this summer. Also like I said Matt Holland told me he agreed that with the players we had any old manager could have kept us up, so straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.
  • [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]Not really fair to ask, given that Dowie didn't have enough time to be reviled to the same extent as Pardew. Given the same amount of time, and similar results? Tough call, but for very different reasons...

Its the fairest ask i could do. Was just very interested in the result and its been quite revealing, wish a few more would commit to their amswer though.... Lookout, KBslittlesis ;-)